Banana Bread Recipe With Sour Cream Muffins

Moist and delicious sour cream banana muffins take banana bread to a new level – the addition of sour cream makes them irresistibly delicious!

Banana bread is one of those old-time comfort foods that we all grew up eating. I’m not sure if everyone had a mother who made banana bread on a daily basis, but I sure did.

Banana

In fact, when I think back to my childhood, certain things stand out more than others. Banana bread “is” that thing. Now, 30 years later, I find myself allowing freshly purchased bananas to intentionally go “brown”. Brown bananas give me the opportunity to make these banana bread muffins.

Coffee Cake Banana Bread

And while it might seem like every banana bread recipe results in the same dull banana bread, this one is different. Sour cream takes these banana muffins to a whole new level.

These muffins come together quickly with simple ingredients – eggs, butter, sour cream, and bananas. Combined with the typical pantry staples, they bake up beautifully!

Make these muffins as muffins. Or, opt to pour the batter into a 9×5 loaf pan and bake as a loaf of bread. Or.. go a step further and use mini bread loaf tins and share with neighbors or family!

One Bowl Sour Cream Banana Bread

*Note: Start baking these muffins at 375 degrees F to achieve the high “domed” muffin tops. After 8 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F until browned.

Moist and delicious sour cream banana muffins take banana bread to a new level - the addition of sour cream makes them irresistibly delicious!

Calories: 262 kcal | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Protein: 3 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg | Sodium: 193 mg | Potassium: 155 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 25 g | Vitamin A: 355 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 26 mg | Iron: 1 mg

Sour Cream Banana Bread

If you do happen to try these yummy sour cream banana muffins please leave acomment, andratetherecipeto let me know how they turned out for you!This recipe for moist banana bread with sour cream almost melts in your mouth. It’s definitely a banana bread that stands out from the crowd!

Does the world need another banana bread recipe? I say, yes. . .when it’s one as delicious as this! If you’re on the quest to find the most moist banana bread recipe, it’s time to call off the search.

This is by far the moistest, butteriest banana bread recipe I’ve tried. And believe me, I’ve made a LOT of banana bread over the years.

Melt

Banana Bread Recipe

Betty Crocker Banana Bread was one of the first banana breads I baked after getting married and it’s been a staple for years. When I’m craving some chocolate with my banana, I reach for my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe or these Chocolate Banana Muffins.

I like few things more than discovering a new delicious banana bread recipe! Banana bread is one of those “perfect any time” foods. It never goes out of season and almost no one will turn down a slice.

While I’ve used sour cream in baking plenty of times before, I don’t think I’ve ever tried a banana bread recipe with this much sour cream.

Banana Bread & Banana Muffins — Reducetarian Foundation

The results were spectacular! This recipe is now on my short list for favorite-ever banana bread recipes, so I knew it was too good to keep all to myself.

As moist even the next day. The Banana Bread recipe with sour cream below makes two perfect loaves of moist banana heaven. Eat one right away then freeze the other for later!

Sour

Since I’ve made what feels like thousands of loaves over the years, I’ve discovered a few tips and tricks for making the very best moist banana bread every time: 

Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread Muffins Recipe By Tasty

Calories: 292 kcal | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 284 mg | Potassium: 203 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 24 g | Vitamin A: 259 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 33 mg | Iron: 1 mg

Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Banana bread muffins are moist, fluffy and filled with big banana flavor. Brown sugar, bananas, vanilla and a hint of cinnamon pack these muffins with flaovr. Then adding sour cream makes them perfectly tender. It’s an easy, no mixer recipe that makes perfect banana muffins every time.

Do you love banana bread? If yes (who doesn’t????) – then these banana bread muffins are definitely for you. They’re oh so moist and packed with flavor thanks to the bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

The idea to make these banana bread muffins came last week. I had sooooo many brown bananas (aka – about 3 bunches), so clearly I had my baking work cut out for me. However, the idea of sitting around at home for an hour waiting for banana bread to finish baking was definitely a no go. These muffins have all the flavor of banana bread – but take way less time to bake. 

-

For extra tall muffins, make sure to fill your muffin liners to the very top. Then we bake them for 5 minutes at 400F degrees followed by about 10 minutes at 375F which makes them rise nicely and have golden edges. *You don’t need to remove your muffins from the oven in between – just let them continue to happily bake.*

These banana bread muffins are perfect for breakfast, coffee time, or a mid-afternoon snack. And if you’re still on the fence – here’s the recap:

Perfectly Moist Sour Cream Banana Bread

Banana bread muffins are moist, fluffy and filled with big banana flavor. It's an easy, no mixer recipe that makes perfect banana muffins every time.

Muffins are best enjoyed the same day that they're baked. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. 

Calories: 276 kcal | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 58 mg | Sodium: 241 mg | Potassium: 196 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 17 g | Vitamin A: 335 IU | Vitamin C: 2.6 mg | Calcium: 36 mg | Iron: 1.4 mg

-

Healthy Banana Bread Muffins Recipe « Running In A Skirt

I'm the baker and blogger behind Just So Tasty! I believe anyone can make tasty, homemade desserts and treats. I love classic recipes that are delicious (obviously), not too fussy, and use simple, everyday ingredients.

Learn how to make Perfect Cookies Every Time! In this FREE email series, I'll send you 5 classic cookie recipes along with ALL my tips & tricks.