Best Zucchini Raisin Bread Recipe

This zucchini bread studded with walnuts and currants (or chocolate chips, if you prefer) is a great way to use up your summer zucchini.

I have at least a dozen recipes on this site devoted to using up summer’s surplus of zucchini, from zucchini muffins to zucchini fritters to zucchini soup, but this classic zucchini bread is my most requested. A good bit of shredded zucchini goes into the batter, but it miraculously disappears once baked, so the bread tastes more like spice cake than anything else. It’s easy to make and a great way to get kids to eat zucchini, although for kids you’ll likely want to swap out the nuts and currants for chocolate chips.

Walnut

If you’d like to use chocolate chips instead of nuts and currants, add about 1 cup; just be sure total add-ins (nuts, currants, chocolate chips) do not exceed 1½ cups.

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread With Brown Sugar Crumble And Glaze

Begin by grating the zucchini. I use a food processor, but a box grater works well too. There is no need to wring out the liquid.

Zucchini bread can be frozen for up to three months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap, or place in a freezer bag. Thaw the bread overnight in the refrigerator before serving. Lightly toast individual slices for best results.

I'd love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @.

Cranberry Orange Zucchini Bread

This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.The Best Zucchini Bread with Rum and Raisins is a classic zucchini bread with a delicious twist. After having made traditional zucchini bread for years, I wanted a creative take on an old favorite. Adding rum and raisins to readily available (and inexpensive) zucchini kicks this bread up a notch!

Fresh zucchini, raisins soaked in rum and my favorite fall spices are the perfect combination. Moist healthy bread with soft chewy raisins and a splashy glaze is a crowd pleaser. An old comfortable recipe turned new.

This simple bread is jam packed with great flavors in every slice.  Rum and raisins have long elevated all kinds of food.  The flavor of the dried fruit with the punch of rum is sweet and complex all in the same bite.  And let’s not forget about the zucchini. Zucchini makes this bread mouthwatering, nutritious and attractive with its speckled green crumbs.  What is not to love about The Best Zucchini Bread with Rum and Raisins?

Grandma's Best Zucchini Bread Recipe

Zucchini has virtually no taste when cooked in a bread. However, if you want a moist vs dry bread, zucchini is a great ingredient. It is a magical because it adds moisture and softens the texture of your baked goods. NO DRY BREAD!

And zucchini is really good for you. The Food Revolution Network writes about 9 healthy reasons to eat zucchini.  A few that stand out are improving digestion, lowering blood sugar, boosting energy and rich in antioxidants.  Read more about the benefits here.

And last but not least, my garden, farmer’s market and grocery store are loaded with zucchini in the summer months.  Take advantage of this prolific and inexpensive vegetable and fill your freezer with loaves to enjoy all winter long.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe

The most common reason for your bread to collapse as it cools is because the ingredients were mixed too vigorously. This creates air bubbles which will collapse as the bread cools. In addition, the bread becomes overly dense with excessive mixing. Best practice – after the final ingredients are added, stir by hand until just blended.

Zucchini bread is considered a quick bread.  See the quick bread description on my carrot pineapple bread recipe to better understand breads made without yeast.

Zucchini

Another reason breads fall is when the pan is overfilled. If the batter reaches the top of the pan and still needs to rise, it will collapse.

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread

Lastly, check to make sure your baking soda and baking powder are not stale. Baking soda has a shelf life of six months and baking powder lasts one year.

In a small bowl, use whisk to mix confectioner’s sugar, rum (or milk) and vanilla. Consistency should be smooth and not too runny.  Adjust sugar or liquid if necessary.

No need to peel your zucchini before grating. The peel is tender and the dark green color is attractive in the bread.

The Best Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

I rarely need to drain or squeeze excess moisture from my grated zucchini.  If, however, your zucchini is particularly watery and it pools water after grating, you can drain some of the liquid before adding the zucchini to your batter.

Most or all of the alcoholic content of the rum will evaporate when baked. However, if you are concerned about consuming rum in the glaze, substitute milk.

Zucchini

Test bread with a long skewer/toothpick after timer goes off.  It should come out clean; if it doesn’t or if there appears to be some wet dough at the top of the loaf, continue baking for five to 10 minutes until done.

Zucchini Walnut Bread Recipe

Bread freezes well up to 3 months.  I recommend freezing prior to glazing. Add glaze after bread has defrosted to avoid glaze cracking.Sweet, delicious Zucchini Raisin Bread packed full of fresh zucchini, raisins, and nut-free, it's a great way to enjoy one of summer's favorite veggies!

I love zucchini, but every summer I always end up with too much of it to use up easily. I make zucchini raisin bread maybe twice a year, always with the raisins and without nuts simply because I don't like nuts in this bread. Then I make baked zucchini of some form, and then I shred and freeze leftover zucchini. It keeps and thaws well, so I can make bread even months later!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great baker. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think that besides this Zucchini Raisin Bread I probably only have maybe 3-4 baked goods recipes on this little blog of mine. See the cracks at the top of the bread? That means I over-baked it a bit. Then I ended up making it again because my husband wanted it, and it was much better.

Best Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe

On a related note, I baked this week getting ready for #BrunchWeek (starting May 2!). Lemon-Blueberry Muffins, I can't wait to share that recipe with you! I might even have a few other baking recipes coming up. Might, it depends on my level of motivation. Some people love to bake, I love to cook, it's all good!

Calories: 321 kcal | Carbohydrates: 50 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Cholesterol: 31 mg | Sodium: 312 mg | Potassium: 130 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 25 g | Vitamin A: 125 IU | Vitamin C: 0.5 mg | Calcium: 88 mg | Iron: 1.5 mg

-

I had just finished writing the recipe when I heard the news that Prince has died. I can't even believe it. I grew up on his music, and I have to say I loved some of his raunchier songs, like Gett Off. Excuse me, I'm going to go cry now 🙁

Zucchini Applesauce Bread

Your privacy is important! Please refer to Rants From My Crazy Kitchen's Privacy Policy for information how we use your information and protect your rights.Walnut Raisin Zucchini Bread is a quick and easy zucchini bread recipe. Cinnamon, raisins, and chopped walnuts flavor this zucchini squash bread. Great for breakfast, brunch, dessert, or a snack. #zucchinibread #zucchinirecipes

Walnut Raisin Zucchini Bread is a great bread recipe to use up zucchini! A moist zucchini bread is flavored with cinnamon and filled with chopped walnuts and raisins.

This year my zucchini crop in my garden was just completely out of control! I had SO much zucchini and was pulling more out of the garden each week than I could use and give away. And with that wonderful problem comes the need to find new ways to eat zucchini, such as this Walnut Raisin Zucchini Bread. Zucchini bread really does not have much of a vegetable, health-food taste to it, so it is still passable as a regular bread for any picky eaters out there. I love the little flecks of green from the zucchini rind, it makes it

Zucchini Bread (better Than Ever!)