Bread Recipe Steel Cut Oats

Embrace your Irish side with this heart-healthy Irish oatmeal bread. Steel-cut oats and whole wheat fiber provide you with 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per slice!

St. Patrick's Day is around the corner, and being Irish myself, I'm quite happy to see everyone embracing their Irish side. Shepherd's pie, colcannon, champ, soda bread, and Irish coffee recipes permeate my blog reader feed.

They probably permeate yours, too, which is why I decided to go a slightly different direction for Saint Patrick's Day. I made oatmeal bread with Irish steel cut oats.

Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Recipe

Steel cut oats don't differ all that much from traditional rolled oats. They have20 fewer calories per quarter cup of uncookedoats, hardly any sugar, and they're slightly slower on the glycemic index (meaning they have less of an effect on your blood sugar level than traditional rolled oats).Combined withthe whole wheat flour in the recipe, just one slice of this bread provides a heart-healthy 3 grams of fiber.

They have a nutty flavor, and are slightly chewier than rolled oats. Both of these features make for delicious, tender bread. Have a toasted slice with fruit preserves for breakfast, or use the bread to make a sandwich for lunch. It's very versatile, and stands up very well to being frozen.

OMG!! this bread is delicious and my new favorite! Read and follow the directions and you will have a loaf of bread that looks as perfect as the one in the pictures. I had steel cut oats to use up, searched for recipes, and found this one. Now I'll have to buy more steel cut oats because I will absolutely make this bread again. LOL! Thank you so much for sharing.

Cooks: Steel Cut Oatmeal Bread

I made this bread with one difference. I used a tbsp of honey instead of the sugar. I had no issue with the dough. It came together very well. I did bake it in a poor man's dutch oven at 400˚F for 30 minutes covered and an additional 7 minutes uncovered. It was great! Even better toasted!

What is the Nutritional Value of 1 slice 🤗 as I’m having to watch my Sugar and Carbs these days But lots of whole grains with & Fiber is a plus 🤗

@Debby, you'd need to consult a registered dietician. I'm not one, and can't give you an accurate answer. The dietary information provided with the recipe is just an estimate.

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal