Bread Recipe Using Greek Yoghurt

This healthier Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is made without butter or oil, but so soft and tender that you’d never be able to tell! Naturally sweetened and loaded with banana flavour, it makes a great healthier alternative to a traditional favourite!

The secondwas that, for how much I adore it, I don’t really have any banana bread recipes here on Spoons. I mean, I

-

, but I basicallyposted them as recipes in passingwithout really giving them the kind of attention they deserved. So it’s time to rectify that mistake…

Lemon Greek Yogurt Loaf Cake

Three sweet treats that hold a special place in my heart — the other two being chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and Black Forest cake. And if you’re wondering what those three things could possibly have in common, the answer is: almost nothing other than the fact that they’re delicious and basically epitomize my childhood. Well, the homemade baked goodie portion of my childhood, anyways.

I’ve been baking for pretty much as long as I can remember, and almost allof those early baking memories involve hanging out in the kitchen and “helping” Mom make one of the aforementioned treats, with cookies being the most common, Black Forest happening for every.single special occasion, and the elusive banana bread making an appearance on the off-chance that we had some ripe bananas lying around… which wasn’t really that often.

I actually remember not believing my mom when she said that we couldn’t make banana bread becausethe bananas weren’t ripe enough.My little 7 year-old self saw yellow bananas on the counter and couldn’t understand what more my mom wanted from them. Bananas were bananas…

Greek Yogurt Dinner Rolls

A huge difference in not only the sweetness, but the texture that properly ripe bananas add to whatever you throw them in. Not to mention the increased health benefits.

Anywho, maybe it’s because it was such a rare occurrence, or maybe it’s because it’s just plain delicious, but banana bread securedone of the coveted top 3 spots in my heart, and it continues to hold that spotto this day. Which makes the fact that I couldn’teven remember the last time I had a slice of it

I originally posted a slightly modified version ofthisrecipe a couple yearsago, butit pretty muchgot lost in the archives since I wasn’tserious about food blogging at that point, and had no idea about photography, SEO, social media promotion, etc… which is a shame because it’s really kind of amazing. And by “really kind of amazing” I mean it’s easily my favourite recipe for healthy banana bread.

Greek Yogurt Apple Streusel Cake

Soft, tender, subtly sweet, and loaded with banana flavour, you’d never be able to tell that this banana bread is made without butter or oil. Instead, it’s got Greek yogurt to keep it moist, with an extra egg and some coconut sugar to help out.

-

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but you’d be fine cutting that down to 1/3 cup if you like your breads a little less sweet. And this is especially true if you were planning on tossingin some chocolate chips. I like my banana bread without any add-ins, so I passed on the chocolate (

I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, andsubscribetoour mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is a great banana bread recipe. This easy banana bread recipe has additions of Greek yogurt and applesauce to keep it moist and delicious.

Garlic Greek Yoghurt Naan Bread

As the the new year progresses, I’m continuing to make as many positive changes as my life allows. We’ve had a rough start as my husband broke his leg just after Christmas in a sledding accident. The silver lining in this story is that we have been able to spend a lot of time together as a family, and I’ve made healthy meals for us to eat at home almost every day since it’s been tough for my husband to get around.

When the bananas on the counter begin to blacken, it’s always a great time to make banana bread. In fact, I obsessively make banana bread as soon as I see black spots on my bananas! This Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is a new version I’m sharing with you today.

-

Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.

Greek Yogurt Strawberry Banana Bread

With healthy ingredients utilized like Greek yogurt, honey and applesauce, the result is this beautiful loaf of banana bread, super, super tender and moist, not overly sweet, and delicious. The bonus is that there is added protein in there from the Greek yogurt!

Greek yogurt has plenty of protein and probiotics, which are good for you! Greek yogurt is creamy, and that creaminess helps keep baked goods moist. It’s also pretty tangy in flavor. That tanginess yields a unique, appealing flavor to this Greek yogurt banana bread. The acidity in Greek yogurt helps activate baking soda, which helps make this bread fluffy and light, not so dense.

Greek yogurt is a great alternative to sour cream in banana bread because it imparts that nice, tangy flavor with fewer calories and more health benefits. Tip: you can also swap out Greek yogurt for buttermilk in pancakes and waffles.

Greek

Easy 2 Ingredient Yogurt Flatbreads

My husband is getting pretty tired of sitting on the couch with his leg propped up, so surprises like freshly baked banana bread delivered with his coffee in the morning are totally appreciated. He asked me what I did to the bread to make it so moist and tender. And I was happy to share that I used that big container of Greek yogurt that sits in the refrigerator untouched most of the time!

If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below. It may seem like a lot of points, but it’s going to be fewer points than any other banana bread you try. And this loaf is cut into 8 thick slices for you to enjoy!

Serving: 1 serving , Calories: 282 kcal , Carbohydrates: 48 g , Protein: 6 g , Fat: 7 g , Saturated Fat: 4 g , Cholesterol: 69 mg , Sodium: 363 mg , Potassium: 246 mg , Fiber: 1 g , Sugar: 26 g , Vitamin A: 285 IU , Vitamin C: 3.3 mg , Calcium: 47 mg , Iron: 1.6 mg

Bourbon Spiked Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread Recipe • The Healthy Toast