Bread Recipe With Lupin Flour

But, yes, if you do, you will have noticed a steady stream of photos about all the fantastic chocolates I’ve made in my chocolates and pralines classes over recent weeks.  I’ve had a blast, but I’ll leave all the gushing about chocster heaven for another time … or the Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram (see??? do it!)

Spending all day slaving over a tank of chocolate, sometimes several, making fillings, molding and dipping does not make you crave chocolate.  It leaves you seriously hungry for some substantial healthy fare.   So I’m still eating healthy and making my protein breads every few days.   I was so taken by the success of making muffins with lupin flour and I’m still getting requests for low carb baking that I thought, why not a full on, no holds barred, take no prisoners lupin bread?   Would it work?  Would it be better than those wimpy attempts at adding lupin flour to wheat bread you can buy in the supermarket?

Keto

The lupini bean is a legume and has been identified as a potential allergen, as are peanuts and other legumes.  If you have a peanut or legume allergy, you might want to exercise caution.  However, if you are OK with lupini beans and lupin flour, this bread is fantastic.

Australian Sweet Lupin Flour

It’s got a light open texture and a lovely sweet nutty flavour.  The colour is amazing, almost as golden as polenta!  I used egg whites in the recipe, but if you use whole organic free-range eggs, you might want to don a pair of sunglasses before slicing into this yummy loaf.

This bread is fantastic with both sweet and savoury foods.  I’m currently enjoying it with cheese, both hard and soft cheeses, including ricotta and cottage cheese and sharp grana padano.  It is delicious topped with butter, nut butters, jams, yoghurt and fresh fruit, salad and chicken, mustard, salmon, grilled vegetables, bacon, eggs,

As I’d just opened a fresh pack of hemp seeds, I threw a few in to the loaf.  OK, now we’re tipping the scales into genius territory … it works.  It is sensational to be honest.  I’m guessing you could use chia, pumpkin, flax, or any seeds you like and it would work.  Just for extra goodness and some texture and flavour.

How To Use Lupin Flour In Keto Recipes

If you are low-carbing, and I know many of you are in your quest to lose body fat in 2013 (don’t cave, it’s only January!), then this bread could be for you.

Seriously, I’m never buying bread again.  It’s just too easy and delicious to make a gluten-free loaf full of goodness at home.

20 grams hulled hemp seeds or substitute about two tablespoons of chia, flax, pumpkin, or sesame seeds, finely chopped fresh herbs, some chilli, spices, or whatever you like.

Keto Lupin Flour Bread Recipe

*If you prefer to make this bread without protein powders added, simply omit the whey protein from the recipe.  Substitute an extra 35 grams of lupin flour or 12 grams of coconut flour instead.

Grease a loaf tin lightly with coconut oil spray (or PAM) or line the tin with silicone paper, if not using a silicon mold.

Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix or whisk together until blended and the batter is smooth.   The batter will be fairly thin but the whey and coconut flour will absorb a great deal of moisture during baking.

Easy Keto Bread

Transfer to the prepared loaf tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.  Do not over bake this bread or the loaf will dry out.

Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.  Store, well wrapped, in a freezer bag in the fridge or freezer.  It will last for up to a week, stored in the refrigerator.  It will last longer if you slice it and store, wrapped, in the freezer.

Lupin

I used egg whites for this recipe, but obviously whole eggs will work extremely well.  Whole eggs would also provide a host of more micronutrients and make this bread even more golden, if that is possible!I FINALLY figured this out ya’ll! It only took me 3 failed loaves but the last lupin flour bread turned out PERFECT.

Best Keto Yeast Burger Buns

If you haven’t seen my other bread – my keto bread with vital wheat gluten and almond flour – I highly recommend. I based this recipe off of that one and it was actually really easy!

OK, like I’ve said before.. gluten is actually pretty keto friendly. It has minimal carbs and adds the stretchiness of wheat bread without the actual wheat.

One thing I will note, is that it took a considerably longer time to knead, even in a stand mixer, it took around half an hour. I was REALLY afraid that I would over-knead it but honestly, I think it could have been kneaded MORE. I definitely dont suggest hand kneading it unless you’ve got the strength and time.

Keto Lupin Flour (with Vital Wheat Gluten)

If you’re wondering what lupin flour is, it is a legume, very similar to a peanut. If you have an allergy to any nut, I highly recommend to either avoid lupin all together or get a test to see.

Easy to make lupin flour bread! Keto friendly and only 1.6 net carbs per slice. This bread will make your transition to low carb much easier! (*not gluten free)

Lupin

In a stand mixer, combine the vital wheat gluten, flour, inulin and instant yeast. (If you are using regular yeast, bloom it in the warm water)

What Is Lupin Flour?

The dough should become somewhat stretchy and you should be able to pull on a piece and it will stretch. If you're dough looks rough, is sticky and breakable, continue to knead.

Place a piece of cling wrap/seran wrap, over the tin and cover with a towel. Place in a warm area and let rise for 2 hours (check after 1 hour).

Uncover, and bake at 350°F / 175°C for 45 minutes to an hour. Cover with a piece of parchment papers if the top begins to darken quickly.

Lupin Flour Recipes That Are Divine!

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read MoreMy inspiration for this <1g-net-carb-bread was the recipe here:  http://chocolatechillimango.com/2013/01/19/lupin-protein-bread/#.UVhdElfa7jU.   Once I discovered just how low-carb lupin flour is, I ordered some and have been experimenting with it lately.  First off, I just had to do something to reduce the yellow color lupin flour gives baked goods.  Yellow might be OK for a cornbread recipe, but I don’t want yellow sandwich bread.  So I set about making considerable changes to the inspirational recipe.

I’m quite pleased with the first loaf of bread and a few other baking experiments with lupin flour.  The bread has a nice firm texture and is moist.  It does not crumble apart like almond flour breads tend to do.  It has a more pleasant taste than most flax breads.  I will continue to experiment with the ingredients to try to achieve a whiter appearance and more “flour-y” taste.  I order my lupin flour direct from: http://www.lopino.com/product/21 .   Netrition.com also has recently started carrying lupin flour.  This recipe is not suitable until the grains rung of the Atkins Phase 2 OWL.  This recipe is unsuitable for Primal-Paleo on several levels.  I might mention that because of its slight “corn taste” this bread makes an excellent bread to crumble up for making cornbread stuffing!

Second

CAUTION:  Lupin beans are a legume closely related to peanuts.  If you have a peanut allergy, I must inform you some peanut sensitive people react negatively to lupin beans.  Many of my low-carb cooking friends have had no problems eating lupin products whatsoever but I have found I do not tolerate this ingredient well, even though I am NOT allergic to peanuts.  Go figure…..no other legume bothers me.  😦  

Lupin Flour Bagel/bread Recipe

This recipe appears in Vol. 4. (p.136) of LOW CARBING AMONG FRIENDS cookbook series by Jennifer Eloff and friends.  Jennifer has brought together a group of very talented low-carb chefs, including none other than George Stella, to offer some of their very tastiest low-carb creations.  Visit them on Facebook at the link above and if you like the photo preview there, like their page and buy the team’s cookbooks at Amazon or here .

DISCLAIMER:  By personal choice, I am not paid for this book promotion nor for the inclusion of my recipes in them. I do so because they are GREAT cookbooks.  ‘Nuff said.

DIRECTIONS:  Preheat oven to 350º.  Lightly grease/oil a loaf pan.   Mine is an unusual shape at 4″x3″x10″.  In a large mixing bowl, measure out all dry ingredients and stir well.  Make a well in the center and add the eggs, oil, water and cream and using a for, beat the liquid ingredients up in the well and slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.  Mine was fairly thick.  Spoon into the greased loaf pan, leveling with your rubber spatula.  Pop into preheated 350º oven for 30-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test in the center.  Remove, cool slightly and loosen from the pan with a knife.  I easily slice mine into

Basic White Bread