Chocolate Orange Bread Recipe

A twist on a holiday favorite – the chocolate orange. Sweet bread made with real orange juice and zest, combined with white whole wheat flour, honey and dark chocolate chips. This chocolate orange bread is sure to be a holiday hit!

Have you ever had one of those chocolate oranges? I remember thinking those round chocolate balls were such a treat as a kid. I loved pulling one chocolate-y segment out at a time and enjoying it. Truth be told, I haven’t had one in years, but I have a nostalgic view of chocolate-orange combinations because of them.

Patty

So, why not try and make a sweet bread with these fantastically festive flavors?And thus, the chocolate orange bread recipe was created!And I am so glad it exists because it is delicious! Admittedly, I am a huge sweet bread fan, especially when it includes chocolate, so this was sure to be a hit for me.

Marbled Chocolate Orange Bread

I love this recipe because it uses fresh orange! No extract, no store-bought juice, just real orange! Not only are oranges fresh and delicious, they are great for you. Oranges contain lots of vitamin C and are a great source of fiber, potassium and folate.

And of course there’s the chocolate! We use dark chocolate because it really does have some health benefits (plus it compliments the orange!). Dark chocolate has antioxidants that havebeen shown to improve heart health, and the less processed the better. Isn’t it great to feel good about eating chocolate? Just make sure it’s dark!

Other healthier ingredients we chose to use include white whole wheat, honey, eggs, and vegetable oil. I love making homemade sweet bread because I can control the amount of sugar (I almost always add less than a recipe calls for), and I know there aren’t a bunch of extra preservatives.

Eggless Chocolate Orange Cake

Next, let’s work with oranges! You’ll need to zest your orange(s) first so that they don’t collapse as you do it. I made sure to just get the very outer edge of the orange peel because getting too much of the white part makes it more bitter. So quickly zest a spot and move on rapidly.

Once you’ve zested 1 tablespoon of zest (make sure to really pack it into the tablespoon), juice your oranges. I just cut mine in half and squeezed them over a bowl, but I know there are some fancier ways to juice. Juice however you want, just get about 1/2 cup of juice.

I used 1 1/2 oranges to get the juice and zest I needed, but if you have a large enough orange you may just need one.

Cranberry Orange Bread (easy Recipe)

Once the orange ingredients are prepped, simply combine your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and your wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dry to the wet and mix everything up until it’s evenly mixed and then fold in your dark chocolate chips. I used “chunks” but it doesn’t really matter the shape of the chocolate.

Pour the batter into your loaf pan, stick it in the oven, and set your timer for 40 minutes. Check by sticking a toothpick in, and bake for 5 more minutes if it doesn’t come out of the center clean of batter. Once the loaf is out of the oven, allow it to cool a bit.

Enjoy this bread warm or room temperature – I like it both ways. Store in an airtight container for up to two days on the counter.

Paleo Orange Kissed Loaf With Dark Chocolate Glaze

If you’re eating it within an hour or so, you can squeeze some fresh orange juice on top for a little extra orange flavor. I really enjoyed it this way, just be careful not to do too much and to eat it quickly so it doesn’t get soggy.

Calories: 227 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 31 mg | Sodium: 168 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 18 g

Chocolate

I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.These chocolate orange brownies are super soft and fudgy with a hint of orange flavour throughout, just like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange. They freeze well too!

Cranberry Orange Bread With Dark Chocolate Chunks

Regular readers of this blog will attest that I have a bit of a thing for any dessert falling under the descriptive umbrella “chocolate orange”. e have featured recipes for chocolate orange cheesecake, chocolate orange trifle, chocolate orange truffles, chocolate orange bread pudding…and the list goes on.

I was thinking today that brownie sundaes would be a nice surprise for the kids on the last day of their Thanksgiving school break. I was hit with the inspiration of a Chocolate Orange Brownie to form the base of the sundaes. It really is a just a slight variation on my regular brownie recipe but one that makes a big difference.

I know there are plenty of chocolate-orange lovers out there, so be sure to give this one a try. If you dare, whip up a batch of homemade hot fudge sauce and sample them in a decadent chocolate orange sundae!

Chocolate Orange Banana Bread Recipe

To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.

Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.

Cocoa

Looks lovely but could you please give ingredients in grams as well as cups.... we dont use cups as a measurment in the uk.

Chocolate Orange Bread

One of my favorite flavor fusions is chocolate and orange so these will definitely be worth a try for me....thank you for sharing.Cocoa sourdough has been quite the hype recently on Instagram. I was intrigued by all the nice loaves and flavor combos that bread enthusiast keep posting everyday. I so wanted to try the cocoa addition, but I has to postpone it as my list of ‘to-be-baked’ has already too long.

I only get to bake a bread once a week now, with a full time job. When I see photos of mini bakeries and people who bake several breads at a time, I actually miss my job in the baking industry. Even though short, about a year and a half, I truly enjoyed baking hundreds of loaves and sometimes just watching the bread being made. I hope to write about that in a separate post, how i decided to switch careers in order to do what I’m passionate about.

Back to cocoa adventure. Having lived in Australia for some-time, long enough I guess, I fell in love with the Jaffa cookies or the flavor to be exact. I think chocolate and orange are a match made in heaven. I have made cakes, cookies, slices, desserts and all sorts of things with this flavor combo. Out of all, chocolate dipped candied orange has got to be my favorite. So this is how the idea of cocoa and orange sourdough came to be.

Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe (dairy Free Option)

The basic 50% rye bread recipe is tweaked a little to achieve this. I have added 40 g of unsweetened cocoa tog the chocolate flavor and color. cocoa tend to be a little bit bitter, so to balance that, two table spoons of molasses is added. Zest of two whole oranges is what gives the orange scent. I have upped the water content too as cocoa absorbs moisture.

Also I have added 2 tablespoons of strong coffee, hoping to intensify the chocolate flavor. To be honest, I didn’t think it made a difference, but I can’t really know until I make another one without coffee. So, that to a later date.

Orange

I think, you can be creative here and try to incorporate something extra to this bread too. Some ideas would be, orange peel, some dried fruits, or even candied orange pieces. I am planning to redo this recipe with nuts, and if it turned out to be good, the recipe will be shared of course.Easy chocolate orange marbled quick bread recipe, flavored with chocolate and orange zest and decorated with candied oranges, this quick bread is absolutely delicious!

Chocolate Orange Bread Pudding

This chocolate and orange marbled quick bread is flavored with orange zest and a little bit of orange juice, for me chocolate and orange pair beautifully.

This quick bread is soft and fluffy and will remain so at least 4 days, it’s very quick and easy to make as there’s no mixer or food processor involved in this recipe.

Here I glazed my bread with quince jelly and decorated it with chocolate candied orange peels, this is optional but oh so delicious! Chocolate candied orange peels can be made at least 2 days ahead, click here for my recipe.

Chocolate Chip Orange Banana Bread (vegan, Gluten Free)

If you