Easy Cheese Naan Bread Recipe

I love making bread of all sorts, however today my electric mixer decides to give up on me. Luckily I managed to get these Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread done. The thought of kneading by hand is far too much effort for me.

Hopefully I can get my mixer fixed soon. I cannot live without it. First it was the whisk that broke because old age is catching up with me and I used the wrong attachment without thinking.

Cheesy

Then the mixing bowl was stuck and my hubby and I both tried to get it out but couldn’t. I then asked my helper to try and see if she could loosen it from the base. The whole handle then popped out…haha!

Essential Dishes To Serve With Hot Buttered Naan

I know people are intimidated by the thought of using yeast. If I can use it with success you can too. The best is the dry instant yeast. My favorite is the ones from Anchor Yeast .

Trust me it doesn’t require any special tricks and I’ve only had success with all my bread making. Although I love the no yeast naan bread , I find the yeast does yield a soft, little chewy kind of naan bread.

You literally dump all the dry ingredients in a stand mixer and give it a mix. You then add all the wet ingredients and knead for 6 minutes or a little more.

Cheese Garlic Naan Recipe By Archana's Kitchen

The dough is then allowed to rest for an hour. It’s divided into balls, fill them with cheese and roll out. It is then toasted on a pan on high heat.

I have a gas cooker so I turn the heat down to a low setting and place my naan bread over the flames. This gives it that little charred bits that makes a naan bread oh so heavenly.

This may sound strange but I think the naan bread tastes even better when it is reheated. I heat my pan and reheat them just before serving. This way it gets really crisp.

Easy Two Ingredient Naan Bread Recipe

Sometimes when rolling out the naan bread the dough will resist. That happens if the dough hasn’t rested enough. Do not rush the resting process.

Usually it takes at least an hour to rest the dough. Sometimes, it could take a longer time if the weather is cold.

This naan bread can be eaten all on it’s own or you can eat it with a curry or whatever you choose. You can increase the amount of garlic if you love garlic.

Cheese

Ingredient Dough Naan (no Yeast!)

I prefer to brush them with the garlic butter and sprinkle some coriander on top just before serving. What can be more yummy than Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread dripping with butter.

If you do not have a stand mixer you can use your hands to knead the dough. It may take slightly longer, about 10 minutes. You can freeze the toasted naan bread if you wish.

I have tried freezing them before and it works well. You can thaw them out if you wish but you can also reheat them straight from frozen.

Cheese Naan » Dassana's Veg Recipes

Reheat them, as before, in a pan before serving. It is advisable not to brush them with butter when freezing. You can brush it with butter when serving.

This recipe also works great as a pizza base. If you do try this recipe please drop me a comment and a star rating. It is always appreciated.is super soft and chewy, flavorful homemade flatbread recipe that is cheesy, garlicky and buttery. The minced garlic and melted cheese in every single bite makes this naan bread simply irresistible.

Garlic

This bread is a treat for all garlic and cheese lovers. Feel free to use any melting cheese or even grated paneer as a filling and top with as much garlic as desired. Cooking this naan is also super simple. I have not used any oven or cast-iron skillet, instead I have used a non-stick pan and this gives amazing results too.

Homemade Naan Recipe

If you are baking for small family of 2, I would say prepare it on cast iron skillet or non stick pan. But if you are serving naan bread for big family, large crowd or for parties,  making naan in oven is the best. It’s saves lot of time because you can cook multiple naan breads at once.

These naan breads remain soft for a very long time, so they travel well in a picnic basket or in a lunch box or tailgating events.

I love both NAAN & PITA BREAD. Making of both naan and pita bread dough is similar except that for naan dough, yogurt or sour cream, butter is added which makes it more rich, soft and moist. Pita dough is made using basic ingredients like flour, salt, water, yeast and olive oil.

Homemade Garlic Naan

Any Indian dish or curry tastes great with naan bread or any flatbread. This stuffed naan bread can be served alone or with any soup or curry of your choice.   Some of my favorite accompaniments

Cheese

Yes. You can freeze the naan for upto 2 months. Alternatively, leftover naans can also be kept in air tight container at room temperature for upto 2 days.

Follow me on instagram  and tag me with # so that I get a chance to see all the recipes you make and give it a  ♥.

Garlic Naan Recipe (indian Bread)

Garlic Cheese Naan is super soft and chewy, flavorful homemade flatbread recipe that is cheesy, garlicky and buttery. The minced garlic and melted cheese in every single bite makes this naan bread simply irresistible.

Calories: 578 kcal Carbohydrates: 55 g Protein: 25 g Fat: 29 g Saturated Fat: 17 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g Trans Fat: 0.4 g Cholesterol: 75 mg Sodium: 972 mg Potassium: 170 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 4 g Vitamin A: 440 IU Vitamin C: 1 mg Calcium: 134 mg Iron: 3 mg