Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe With Yogurt

This healthier Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is made without butter or oil, but so soft and tender that you’d never be able to tell! Naturally sweetened and loaded with banana flavour, it makes a great healthier alternative to a traditional favourite!

The secondwas that, for how much I adore it, I don’t really have any banana bread recipes here on Spoons. I mean, I

Greek

, but I basicallyposted them as recipes in passingwithout really giving them the kind of attention they deserved. So it’s time to rectify that mistake…

Greek Yogurt Strawberry Banana Bread

Three sweet treats that hold a special place in my heart — the other two being chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and Black Forest cake. And if you’re wondering what those three things could possibly have in common, the answer is: almost nothing other than the fact that they’re delicious and basically epitomize my childhood. Well, the homemade baked goodie portion of my childhood, anyways.

I’ve been baking for pretty much as long as I can remember, and almost allof those early baking memories involve hanging out in the kitchen and “helping” Mom make one of the aforementioned treats, with cookies being the most common, Black Forest happening for every.single special occasion, and the elusive banana bread making an appearance on the off-chance that we had some ripe bananas lying around… which wasn’t really that often.

I actually remember not believing my mom when she said that we couldn’t make banana bread becausethe bananas weren’t ripe enough.My little 7 year-old self saw yellow bananas on the counter and couldn’t understand what more my mom wanted from them. Bananas were bananas…

Tropical Pineapple Banana Bread

A huge difference in not only the sweetness, but the texture that properly ripe bananas add to whatever you throw them in. Not to mention the increased health benefits.

Anywho, maybe it’s because it was such a rare occurrence, or maybe it’s because it’s just plain delicious, but banana bread securedone of the coveted top 3 spots in my heart, and it continues to hold that spotto this day. Which makes the fact that I couldn’teven remember the last time I had a slice of it

I originally posted a slightly modified version ofthisrecipe a couple yearsago, butit pretty muchgot lost in the archives since I wasn’tserious about food blogging at that point, and had no idea about photography, SEO, social media promotion, etc… which is a shame because it’s really kind of amazing. And by “really kind of amazing” I mean it’s easily my favourite recipe for healthy banana bread.

Banana Bread With Applesauce And Yogurt

Soft, tender, subtly sweet, and loaded with banana flavour, you’d never be able to tell that this banana bread is made without butter or oil. Instead, it’s got Greek yogurt to keep it moist, with an extra egg and some coconut sugar to help out.

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but you’d be fine cutting that down to 1/3 cup if you like your breads a little less sweet. And this is especially true if you were planning on tossingin some chocolate chips. I like my banana bread without any add-ins, so I passed on the chocolate (

I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, andsubscribetoour mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Healthy Banana Bread is my forever faithful friend. I’ve made this recipe dozens of times over the years. Whatever my mood or motivation, it comforts me in the most genuine, judgment-free fashion, the way a true friend does.

Low Fat Applesauce Banana Bread

You may find yourself subconsciously stockpiling bananas, just so they can turn spotty and you have a new excuse to whip up a loaf.

While I’ve certainly baked my share of different banana breads (Pumpkin Banana Bread, Zucchini Banana Bread, and Paleo Banana Bread, Banana Oatmeal Muffins are but a few) when I’m craving a simple, classic banana bread recipe, this one is my go-to.

Of course, if you feel the urge to turn it into a healthy chocolate banana bread with chocolate chips, or go the banana nut route with walnuts, I certainly won’t stop you.

Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt

5 Star Review “This was THE best banana bread I’ve ever made! Definitely a redo in our household. Thank you for this amazing recipe!” — Nat —

Healthy

This healthy banana bread recipe is good for you and made with nutritious ingredients, but it doesn’t sacrifice the pure comfort you long for when you reach for a slice.

You can enjoy it for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or try warm it in a toaster oven, then top with a scoop of Banana Ice Cream for dessert.

Quick And Easy Banana Bread Recipe

You can swap the maple syrup in this banana bread for the same amount of honey. The honey will make the bread look darker, since it caramelizes more intensely as it cooks, but the bread will taste delicious.

Banana bread can be undercooked easily, and unfortunately, once the loaf has cooled, even if it is gooey in the middle you cannot put it back into the oven.

Cut your leftover bread into slices and individually wrap in plastic wrap before freezing. Then, you can thaw and enjoy slices as desired for a quick treat.

Yogurt Banana Bread Recipe (with Walnuts)

No, almond flour cannot be swapped for regular flour, as the two have completely different weights, fat contents, and baking behaviors. Check out my tasty Almond Flour Banana Bread instead.

While some banana breads are high in sugar and fat (why banana bread is so high in calories), this healthy banana bread is good for you. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients like whole wheat flour, egg, Greek yogurt, and bananas. Plus, this recipe proves you can use less sugar in banana bread by swapping in some maple syrup.

-

While we love this as a healthy banana bread with whole wheat flour, it will work just as well with all-purpose flour. Simply swap the whole wheat flour for an equal amount of all-purpose flour, or do a 50/50 blend.

Almost No Fat Banana Bread Recipe

This easy, healthy banana bread is the best! Moist, fluffy, and ultra delicious. Made with yogurt and whole wheat. So yummy and good for you!

Serving: 1 slice (of 10) Calories: 190 kcal Carbohydrates: 35 g Protein: 4 g Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 17 mg Potassium: 204 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 17 g Vitamin A: 46 IU Vitamin C: 3 mg Calcium: 41 mg Iron: 1 mg

Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!A healthier Banana Bread that’s made with white whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt. It’s moist and has a delicious crust on the top that’s to die for!

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

Last year went by so fast. I have like 50 resolutions. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? One of mine is to stop and enjoy the small moments more. I get caught up in the stress of life and forget to take the time to stop and enjoy the little things.

I’m also wanting to eat better. I think everyone feels like that after the holiday purge. So much unhealthy eating. I have some bad habits once I start a new diet, though. I immediately only think of the things I can’t have. And that’s all I can think about. So. Annoying.

So instead of dieting, I just try to be more aware of what I’m eating. I don’t stop eating sweets, but I just try to make them a little healthier (if I can) and eat a smidge less of them.

-

Cottage Cheese Banana Bread

Ever since myHealthy Granola Parfaitpost on Monday, I have been messing around with coconut oil and I even bought a container of Truvia to try baking with. Have you ever used either of those in baking recipes?

This banana bread is a favorite that I make all the time. My boys love it. It is SO good. But now I’m dying to try it using coconut oil and Truvia! I might have to try it this week and let you know how it goes.

If you’re trying to be a little healthier this year, this is a great recipe to add to your must-try list this year. We love it! It uses white whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt and comes out with this crust on the top that is just amazing. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Healthy Banana Bread With Applesauce Recipe

Jen Nikolaus is a recipe blogger and photographer over at Yummy Healthy Easy. She lives in beautiful Southern California with her husband and four boys. You’ll find her sharing healthier, budget-friendly, family-friendly, and easy dishes with some yummy desserts thrown in, too! Thanks for stopping by!This banana bread with yogurt will be your new favorite way to use up overripe bananas! Moist and soft in the middle, you won’t believe how low in fat it is!

Of all my recipes using Greek yogurt on this site (from a protein pudding to Greek yogurt brownies) this banana bread with yogurt takes the crown!

It’s no secret that I love a

Bowl Gluten Free Banana Bread