Detox Banana Bread Recipe

I’m so glad you’re here, because this is the BEST vegan banana bread I’ve ever made. (And that’s saying something, because my Almond Flour Banana Bread is already very popular.) It has the most perfect texture and flavor, with a soft crumb, and the fact that it’s gluten-free and oil-free is just an added bonus. It couldn’t be easier to make!

This gluten-free banana bread is a little healthier than your average recipe, because it’s made with no oil or refined sugar. Instead, it uses almond butter, which offers a healthy source of fat and plenty of fiber and nutrients.

DSD

Bananas add natural sweetness to this bread, especially when they are ripe with lots of brown spots on them, but to make it taste like a “mainstream” quick bread that you would buy at a coffee shop, I also like to use coconut sugar as a low-glycemic sweetener. It gives this bread the perfect sweetness, without being overly sugary.

Fat Burning Grain Free Banana Bread

Since all of the recipes on my website are gluten-free, I’m using King Arthur’s all-purpose flour in this recipe, and the results are amazing. (This is not sponsored; I just wanted to use a brand that I could easily find across most grocery stores– even at Target!)

I imagine most gluten-free flour blends would work well with this recipe, but gluten-free mixes tend to vary slightly in both taste and texture. (King Arthur’s all-purpose flour is better than their cup-for-cup blend, in my opinion.) I haven’t had the chance to test this with other gluten-free flour blends, or with regular wheat flours, so please let me know if you give anything else a try.

If you prefer to use another type of flour, such as coconut flour or almond flour, I’ve already got you covered. Try my Coconut Flour Banana Bread or Almond Flour Banana Bread, instead. Or, for a totally flourless banana bread experience, try my Paleo Banana Snack Cake. (Which is sweetened with only bananas!)

Gluten Free Matcha Banana Bread

You only need one bowl and about 10 minutes of time to stir together this vegan banana bread batter, and then it will bake to perfection! I hope you’ll love it as much as I do.

This Vegan Banana bread is naturally gluten-free & oil-Free, and is naturally sweetened with low-glycemic coconut sugar. It tastes just like a bread you'd buy at a coffee shop!

Calories: 158 kcal , Carbohydrates: 25 g , Protein: 4 g , Fat: 6 g , Saturated Fat: 1 g , Sodium: 70 mg , Potassium: 251 mg , Fiber: 3 g , Sugar: 11 g , Vitamin A: 19 IU , Vitamin C: 3 mg , Calcium: 73 mg , Iron: 1 mg

Oat Flour Banana Bread

If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know how you like it. And if you make any modifications, I’d love to hear how they work for you, too! We can all benefit from hearing about your experience.

Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter for a free 7-day kick start guide. Plus, you'll get weekly meal ideas & new recipes every week!This is the best Coconut Flour Banana Bread you’ll ever try. It’s easy to make, not overly sweet, and reminds me of the real thing– without using gluten or dairy.

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: Coconut flour is SO tricky to work with. You’d think by now, after developing recipes like my Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread, Coconut Flour Carrot Cake, and Coconut Flour Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, I would have a pretty good idea of how to make practically

Banana Bread Recipes

However, it still took me 6 different attempts to get this recipe right. My picky toddler has deemed this coconut flour banana bread to be the “best ever, ” so I suppose my effort was worth it!

The resulting Coconut Flour Banana Bread is moist, without being gooey in the middle, and is also not overly sweet. It could still pass as “normal” banana bread, which is why I added just a touch of natural sweetener, but you could definitely omit the coconut sugar entirely if you don’t mind having a less-sweet bread for your family.

(See the notes below the recipe if you are interested in using maple syrup instead. I tested that, too, but the results are more moist.)

Banana Loaf With Sea Moss

Keep in mind that the riper your bananas are, the sweeter the banana bread will be, so be sure to use bananas with LOTS of black spots on their skin for best results.

Classic

When making this recipe, be sure to use the “scoop and swipe” method for measuring. I dip the measuring cup into the bag of coconut flour to get a heaping scoop, then use the back of a knife to swipe the excess off the top.

I’ve also included the weight of the ingredients in grams in the recipe below, if you prefer to measure using a food scale.

Simple Banana Bread (recipe)

Like most coconut flour recipes, this one does require more eggs than a recipe using any other type of flour. Coconut flour is freakishly absorbent, and because of that it requires eggs for both structure and moisture.

Trust me when I say that I used as few eggs as necessary to produce a good result. On the bright side, the eggs do give this bread more protein in each slice.

If you need a vegan recipe, check out my Vegan Almond Flour Banana Bread recipe, or the Vegan Buckwheat Banana Bread (which is nut-free) found in my first cookbook.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Coconut flour tends to stick to pans more than other varieties of flour, so I like to line my loaf pan with parchment paper to guarantee the banana bread will easily release from the pan later.

To make your life easier, spray the pan with a little bit of oil, then press the parchment paper into the bottom of the pan. The light coating of oil will hold the parchment paper in place, so it doesn’t wiggle around while you pour the batter in!

Best

This is the BEST coconut flour banana bread recipe! No oil or added sugar required, this bread is moist and healthy. Gluten-free, nut-free, Paleo.

The Best Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

Calories: 128 kcal , Carbohydrates: 18 g , Protein: 5 g , Fat: 4 g , Saturated Fat: 2 g , Cholesterol: 93 mg , Sodium: 229 mg , Potassium: 199 mg , Fiber: 4 g , Sugar: 9 g , Vitamin A: 153 IU , Vitamin C: 3 mg , Calcium: 34 mg , Iron: 1 mg

Nutrition information is for 1 of 10 slices. This information is automatically calculated, so it’s just an estimate and not a guarantee.

I slightly modified this recipe to help prevent the soggy middle that some readers were reporting, and I added the weights for those who like to be exact with a kitchen scale.

Amazing Vegan Banana Bread (gluten Free & Oil Free)

If you are still in love with the original version, I only changed 3 things: I reduced the number of bananas from 4 to 3, I added a teaspoon of baking powder to help it rise even more, and I increased the coconut sugar from 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup. Feel free to change these things back if you prefer the original recipe.

If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know what how you like it. And if you make any modifications, I would love to hear about that, too! We can all benefit from your experience.

Reader Feedback : Do you have a favorite quick bread that I haven’t covered yet? Be sure to check out my Coconut Flour Zucchini Bread and Vegan Pumpkin Bread, too!

Blueberry

Simple And Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter for a free 7-day kick start guide. Plus, you'll get weekly meal ideas & new recipes every week!Almond Flour Banana Bread is naturally gluten-free and tastes just as delicious as a traditional recipe! It’s the perfect way to use up any ripe bananas you have on hand.

It has a great texture.Baking with almond flour requires more eggs and less oil than traditional banana bread, but don’t let that throw you off. It still has a soft and tender crumb that you’ve come to expect from a quick bread.

It tastes amazing. This recipe has the perfect banana flavor, with just the right amount of sweetness. It makes a delicious snack or breakfast on the go.

No Added Sugar, No Grains, Easy And Amazing Paleo Banana Bread

It’s gluten-free & dairy-free.If you’re serving friends or family members with special dietary needs, this Paleo bread is a great option made without grains, gluten, or dairy. (If you need a nut-free option, try my Oat Flour Banana Bread or Buckwheat Banana Bread, instead.)

It’s easy to prepare.All you need is one bowl to stir this batter together, then it will bake to perfection in the oven. The hardest part is waiting for it to bake and cool, because it will make your home smell so good!

It’s best to use finely ground blanched almond flour for this recipe, rather than almond meal (which has brown specks in it), for the fluffiest results. Almond flour already creates a very moist, dense quick bread, so using almond meal will potentially make the loaf a little too wet in the middle.

Olive Oil Honey Banana Bread

If you prefer to use butter instead of oil, you can replace the

Oat