Orange Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I’ve been making the most delicious cranberry pumpkin bread for the past month or so. We LOVE it. Of course I’m constantly running out of ingredients, so I tweak it a little each time. It’s proved delicious every which way!

How-ev-er, because I loathe photographing baked goods (it’s about as fun as washing dishes while standing on legos) I had no plans to share this snack with you guys.

Cranberry

This last loaf though… ohmygooooosh! I fell even more in love than ever before and couldn’t resist rushing you the recipe. Terrible photos and all. You’ve GOT to try this!

Mini Pumpkin Cranberry Breads

I even shoved my camera a mere two inches from the icing to entice you. Did it work? Pretend that’s not the worst photo ever and instead imagine the most fluffy pumpkin-spiced pumpkin bread flecked with chewy cranberries and orange zest. Super yummy right?

Take things a step further and top it with a sticky sweet icing and even more gorgeous garnet berries and you’ll want to marry this decadent dessert loaf.

Alternatively you can use fresh lemon zest and juice for the bread. Add in the zest of one lemon along with 1 TBSP of fresh squeezed lemon juice [from the very same lemon you zested - woot!] and you'll be good to go. This comes in handy when you toddler eats the last orange and all you have are lemons. The lemon flavor is super pronounced when you use this sub so if you love lemon go for it! If you want less of a bite add a little lest zest and you'll be good to go!

Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

Calories: 300 kcal , Carbohydrates: 55 g , Protein: 4 g , Fat: 8 g , Saturated Fat: 1 g , Cholesterol: 20 mg , Sodium: 224 mg , Potassium: 128 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 32 g , Vitamin A: 3604 IU , Vitamin C: 2 mg , Calcium: 37 mg , Iron: 2 mg

Craving muffins? This recipe is super versatile! I made a few tweaks, swapped the luxe icing for a sassy streusel and wrote up the deliciousness here.

Someone fetch me my stretchy pants? It’s not the healthiest bread recipe in my arsenal but it’s so deliciously worth it. The loaf pictured above last no more than 6 hours between play group, the chickpea, and Paul. Ok and because of me too.

Spiced Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

I couldn’t even get decent photos because I kept taking slices from the back of the loaf to shove in my face while photographing it.

With all the holiday festivities coming up you’ll have the perfect excuse to make it too. Serve it up as part of an epic holiday brunch (it’s PERFECT with a hot mug of coffee!) or save it for dessert!

If you get a chance to try this cranberry orange pumpkin bread, let me know! You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) or tag @ on Instagram so I can happy dance over your creations. I can’t wait to see what you whip up!

Libby's Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

Peas and Crayons is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites at no cost to readers.

Hi! I’m Jenn and I’m here to help you eat your veggies! It'll be fun, painless, and pretty darn delicious as I teach you to plan your meals around fresh, seasonal produce with a little help from healthy freezer and pantry staples.This extra delicious and supremely moist Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread is bursting with fall flavors! So easy to make to and a guaranteed hit with friends and family this holiday season. This easy pumpkin bread recipe is sure to become a new family favorite.

Love pumpkin? We doo too! Make sure to try these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins and these easy Pumpkin Bars with the most incredible frosting! 

The Best Pumpkin Bread With Cranberries

I revamped one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes with the addition of dried cranberries and pecans. I happen to be a huge fan of cranberries and pecans together and in this pumpkin bread? Outstanding you guys. (Love pecans and cranberries? You simply must try theseCranberry Pecan Brie Bites, Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls (<

Cranberry

That pretty pop of color from the cranberries is gorgeous against the orange moist pumpkin bread. And trust me when I say moist – it really is so incredible! Pumpkin bread can be made with butter, oil, or applesauce. I used oil in the video below but frequently use applesauce in this recipe and it’s just as delicious.

A lot of people want to make pumpkin bread with fresh pumpkin – usually right after Halloween 🙂 You absolutely can do that. You will need to turn that pumpkin into pumpkin puree first which I show you how to do in this post.

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Mix

That’s really the only way I make unless I happen to have extra pumpkins on hand (see above). This particular recipe calls for two cups of canned pumpkin. When you see canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree in a recipe, you need to make sure that is what you are buying and

Make sure you scoop out the canned pumpkin and really press it well into the measuring cup to an accurate measurement. Pumpkin contains so much moisture that it’s very important to get this measurement as perfect as possible .

This easy pumpkin bread recipe uses just over a can of pumpkin which is super annoying. I get it. What are you going to do with that leftover canned pumpkin? I gotcha covered. Here is what I would make:

Favorite Cranberry Orange Bread (vegan)

Your fingers! Kidding. But no, really, it’s bread. So slice it and eat it with your hands or be proper and place it on a plate and use a fork. If made properly, you don’t need to top pumpkin bread with anything – this bread is so moist and delicious on it’s own!

If you really want, a smear of softened butter or cream cheese can be delicious. Or, even a little drizzle of honey is a yummy way to go.

LIBBY'S®

This extra delicious and supremely moist Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread is bursting with fall flavors! So easy to make to and a guaranteed hit with friends and family this holiday season. This easy recipe is sure to become a new family favorite!

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread With Orange Glaze

Calories: 170 kcal | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 20 mg | Sodium: 160 mg | Potassium: 125 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 16 g | Vitamin A: 3215 IU | Vitamin C: 1.1 mg | Calcium: 30 mg | Iron: 1.4 mgIt's that time of year again! Pumpkin season. The time of year that we all enjoy baking with pumpkin. Nothing says Autumn more than a pumpkin bake, and this simple recipe makes for the best pumpkin bread you could ever want to eat!

It's an adaptation of a recipe I received from my Canadian Mother-in-Law back in the 1970's. It started off pretty plain and basic, but through the years I have gradually fiddled with it to create something of my own.

It was moist and pretty delicious back then, but I have to say it is even more delicious now! And I don't mean to sound like I am bragging when I say that, but it's true.

Cranberry Orange Zucchini Bread

When I first moved over to the UK tinned pumpkin was a very difficult thing to find in the shops. I remember the first year I was there I had invited some Missionaries over for Thanksgiving dinner and I wanted to make them a traditional pumpkin pie for dessert.

I could not find pumpkin anywhere at all. I ended up roasting sweet potatoes and pureeing them to use for the pie. It worked out well, but it was not really pumpkin pie.

Then when I worked at the Manor, I used to use pumpkin which I bought from an American food supply company. It came at a premium price but was worth every penny to me at the time.

Pumpkin

Glazed Cranberry Orange Quick Bread

Gradually pumpkin became more and more available and by the time I left there you could pretty much buy tinned pumpkin most of the time and in many of the shops.

You can of course make your own pumpkin puree from scratch, but it is very labor intensive to get it to the right consistency. You need to first roast your pumpkin.

Then you need to puree it. Once pureed you then need to strain it and squeeze as much liquid out of it as you can. This is where all of the labor comes in. Tinned pumpkin is very dry and if you don't get your homemade pumpkin puree just as dry, the integrity of your bakes will be ruined.

Pumpkin Bread Recipe (no Mixer!)

It is just so much less work to use the ready tinned pumpkin. Trust me on this. Tinned pumpkin comes in handy for many things. Pies, cakes, cookies, breads, etc.

This pumpkin bread recipe makes the best pumpkin bread ever and that is all down to my mother-in-law's secret ingredient, which is frozen orange juice concentrate. Yes, frozen orange juice concentrate. This was