Pita Bread Recipe Low Calorie

This whole wheat pita bread recipe is super simple and easy to prepare. Make this soft, fluffy, and healthy pita bread at home whenever you want.

I always prefer wheat-based flatbreadsmuch more than rice dishes. But, most of the breads found in grocery stores are generally prepared using 100% all-purpose flour.

Easy

Moreover, thesebreads are loaded with way too many chemicals in order to increasetheir shelf life. The next time when you visit thebakery section ofyour local grocery store, take a good look at the labels on the bread packages. You’ll getan idea of what I am talking about here.

Joseph's Bakery Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread By Joseph's Bakery

Hence, I figured it is better to prepare them at home. I make the pizza base, naan bread, dinner rolls, etc. at home using whole wheat flour. And now it is time to add this pita bread recipe to the list.

If you’ve got yourself an electronic dough maker/stand mixer, it’ll be even easier to make any kind of bread at home. I do not own one yet (I am trying to get Tushar on board with me on this :P), and I have found that making bread at home is not complicated at all.Give it a try, and you’ll love fresh homemade breadmuch more than the store-bought one.

Do you know and wonder what is the difference between a pita and naan bread. If you look atthe ingredients that go in a naan bread recipe, you will find no difference at all from those of pita bread. Let me try to help you differentiate between the two: from what I have understood, naan bread is not allowed to puff, and it is usually baked at very high temperatures (e.g. broil mode in an oven).

Pita Bread French Toast

That it does not get enough time to puff. However, pita bread is baked at alower temperature over alonger period. As you can see, although they have the same raw ingredients, the difference in time and cooking temperature makes them so much different in taste and texture. This is what I understood as the difference between the two.

You will need very few ingredients for this recipe: wheat flour, yeast, alittle sugar to activate the yeast, salt to taste, and of course, water. I used instant rapid rise yeast to reduce proofing time. Just combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead the dough using warm water. Once the dough has risen, roll them into small flat rounds and bake until golden brown in color.

Tried this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @ or tag #! OR leave us a comment & rating below. Your feedback is very important to us.

Heart Friendly Pita Bread

We are Swati and Tushar, our passion for food and cooking has now led us to share some healthy, tasty recipes and the benefits of eating certain ingredients with the goal of inspiring you to eat well and live well.Make whole wheatpita bread at home! This pita bread recipe is super easy, very healthy and tastes so much better than the store-bought!

Lately I’ve been busy busy busy. I remember my sisters telling me when I had one and two little ones running around, just how hard it is to have older kids. How many hours you spend carting them around to different lessons and practices. I remember thinking that I wouldn’t feel that way when I had older kids and that I would always make sure my kids were on a strict schedule.

I can’t believe how much of my day is centered around my older kids! Well, all four of my kids, really. Let’s have a breakdown of my week, shall we?

-

Pita Bread Pizza With Chicken And Grilled Veges

Are you sensing a pattern?! It’s crazy. And it’s pretty fun too but let’s just say making most things “homemade” has fallen by the wayside, considering late afternoon to evening baseball games going on. I’ve been crock potting it as much as possible! Except for this recipe. This is easiest bread recipe ever!

My boys are in love with this pita bread. They were very impressed I had made them from scratch. It took me a few tries to get the oven temp and everything correct, but it was worth it.

They are SO easy! Four simple ingredients and only one short knead session. These are fool-proof. I’m the worst at making bread and I can whip these up with ease.

Greek Chicken Pita Wrap

Not only are they delicious, but they’re healthy too! I used all whole wheat flour but you can use whatever flour you like. And the cool part about them is that they puff up when they cook. They end up looking like pillows when you pull them from the oven and my boys got a big kick out of it.

Fill them up with whatever you like or eat them plain with hummus. They’re great to bring to work with your lunch or pack in your kids’ lunch boxes. Even with a busy schedule, you will love this easy homemade pita bread!

-

Jen Nikolaus is a recipe blogger and photographer over at Yummy Healthy Easy. She lives in beautiful Southern California with her husband and four boys. You’ll find her sharing healthier, budget-friendly, family-friendly, and easy dishes with some yummy desserts thrown in, too! Thanks for stopping by!These 4 easy pita recipes are great packed for healthy lunches! All are vegetarian - prep the components ahead of time for a fast, delicious midday meal.

Chickpea Shawarma Stuffed Pita With Hummus

There’s a category that’s seriously underrepresented on Love & Lemons: lunch. Lunch, for me, is the meal that happens in between all of these recipe posts. It’s usually a quick throw-together meal that utilizes a previous night’s dinner and/or an assortment of random on-hand ingredients…

. I love a big lunch salad, but when I don’t have enough greens & things to make up a full meal, I take what I do have and put it in (or on) a pita.

I keep these Stonefire pitas on hand, usually in my freezer for easy access – they reheat and toast up perfectly. (And yes, they are sponsoring this post, but I’ve seriously been buying their pita and flatbread for years).

Pita Bread Recipe (khubz) + Video

You’ll notice I haven’t included actual measurements in this ingredient list – since I’m usually “cooking” for one, my measurements are truly “a bit of this, a pinch of that.” Feel free to adapt & interchange things, using what you have. Everything here can be made ahead & stored for days in the fridge. It’s all pretty packable – just keep the pita separate and stuff it when you’re ready to eat.

Healthy

These 4 easy sandwich recipes are some of my go-to quick, healthy lunches. They're great for packing up and taking on the go, and with 4 options, your lunch rotation will never get boring.

Keep your avocado un-sliced until you're ready to use it - and if you're storing a half-avocado, keep it in a plastic bag with part of a sliced onion to slow down the browning process.

Easy Pita Wrap Recipes For Whatever Flavor You're Craving

Make a big batch of the quinoa salad, serve it with a protein for dinner and reuse the leftovers for lunch all week.

Avocado Toast Millet Cakes with Carrots & Spinach Kale Quinoa Salad with Pesto Maki Sushi Recipe Ultimate Loaded Nachos Best Bean Dip

We love to eat, travel, cook, and eat some more! We create & photograph vegetarian recipes from our home in Chicago, while our shiba pups eat the kale stems that fall on the kitchen floor.

Healthy

Save On Joseph's Pita Bread Whole White Mini