Pumpkin Quick Bread Recipe

My grandmother clipped this pumpkin bread recipe from a magazine over 50 years ago, and it is my most-cherished family recipe. One of my clearest childhood memories is baking the loaves with my mom and carting them off to every neighborhood potluck and holiday party. Now I bake pumpkin bread with my own kids, and it’s just as wonderful today as it was back then. It’s easy to make — just a bit of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and, in about an hour, you’ll have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices and two scrumptious, pumpkiny loaves.

This is the original recipe from my grandmother’s recipe box; as you can see, it has seen its share of spills! After a bit of research, I discovered that the original recipe was published in the McCalls Cook Book (Random House, 1963). It is a typical sweet quick bread, similar to banana bread or cranberry nut bread, in that it is leavened with baking powder and/or baking soda instead of yeast. Quick bread batter can usually be made into muffins; my pumpkin muffins are almost identical to this bread but with a crunchy pecan streusel topping.

Pumpkin

Begin by combining the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. I like to add everything in neat little piles in case I lose track of what I’ve added.

Easy Pumpkin Bread With Crumb Topping

I'd love to know how it turned out! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @.

This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.Pumpkin Bread is loaded with warm spices and full of delicious pumpkin flavor. This recipe will become one of your absolute favorites!

There is just something about quick breads that make me happy. They’re one of my absolute favorite things to bake no matter the season.

Moist Pumpkin Bread From Scratch

They come together super easily, they’re often delicious for both breakfast and dessert and they’re the perfect treat to gift to just about anyone.

From Banana Bread, Zucchini Banana Bread, Apple Pie Bread, and Butternut Squash Bread, I pretty much have any type of quick bread you could possibly want. But my absolute favorite quick bread of all the quick breads here on My Baking Addiction, this Pumpkin Bread will always be my most loved and most baked!

Okay, let’s chat about this pumpkin bread. There is nothing that signifies fall for me more than this recipe. I’ve been making it for years – long before my blog, and it shows up countless times in my kitchen throughout the season.

Cheaper And Healthier Home Made Recipe For Williams Sonoma's Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread — Styling My Everyday

It’s sweet, spicy and incredibly moist. I know, I know, moist is not my favorite word either, but there is really no way to adequately describe this Pumpkin Bread recipe without mentioning that word.

I have fed this bread to so many people and every one of them has declared that this recipe is the best Pumpkin Bread they have ever tasted.

This particular recipe gets better with time, so whip it up a day or so in advance before you plan on eating it or giving it away.

Tops Friendly Markets

Because let me tell you, it makes a great gift for neighbors, a hostess gift, or a gift for your boss if you’re looking to butter them up a bit.

This quick bread recipe takes a bit of time to bake, but I bet you can pull together the batter in about the same amount of time it’ll take for the oven to preheat.

Like all quick-bread recipes, we mix together the wet ingredients in one bowl, which in this case includes a whole can of pumpkin puree. We’re not skimping on the pumpkin in this bread!

Pumpkin Honey Beer Quick Bread Recipe

In another bowl, we’ll whisk together all of the dry ingredients. From there, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix the batter together before dividing into two loaf pans.

Pumpkin

Or you could keep them both for yourself. It freezes beautifully, after all. Serve it up plain, toasted, with a spread of butter, or get a little adventurous and fry it up in a pan and make Pumpkin Bread French Toast!

Canned pumpkin pie filling is not the same thing; it has a bunch of added ingredients that we don’t need in our Pumpkin Bread.

Pumpkin Quick Bread Recipe

While you’re at the store, grab a few extra cans because I can guarantee you’ll want to use them in Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Bundt Cake, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, and more.

Add in some chocolate chips for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, or even add things like chopped pecans and dried cranberries. Simply fold them in before you add the batter to the pans.

Store this bread well wrapped at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want it to keep for longer, pop it into the refrigerator.

Pumpkin Quick Bread With Apples And Pecan Streusel Recipe

Freeze the bread for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, take the whole loaves out of the freezer and let them thaw on the counter overnight, or grab as many slices as you like and microwave them for 30-60 seconds for a nice warm slice of Pumpkin Bread.

@Jamie, hi! I mean if I didn’t have a full 2 cups I made this previously and don’t think I have enough fresh puréed pumpkin left, probably just 1 1/2 Would thing affect the texture of the cake much?

-

Hi Alex – You could use some cooked and pureed butternut squash in place of the pumpkin. Hope this helps! Happy baking – Jamie

Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe {better Than Starbucks}

Made 2 loaves on Saturday and gave one away to our daughter and her college roommates. So good - the pumpkin pie spice had just the right ratio of all the good stuff. Making 2 more loaves today (Tuesday), one for us and the other to share with coworkers. I love using the whole can of puree and not having to waste or try to save a small portion of the can.

At first I was thinking...wow...that's a lot of oil, but after making 2 loves it worked fine. Tasty moist pumpkin bread, delicious. Easy to whisk without a mixer.

So happy to hear you enjoyed the bread, Susan! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your feedback. Happy baking! -Jamie

The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Love this recipe! I make it often! I sub applesauce for the oil and add chocolate chips. I make mini bread loaves and mini muffins--my kids love the muffins in their lunches!Easy pumpkin bread recipe makes 2 loaves of moist homemade pumpkin bread. No mixer needed! Includes directions for freezing and diy pumpkin spice.

So, every fall I get excited to make pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bread is close to a moist spice cake, which is one of my favorites.

This easy pumpkin bread recipe is just that. It’s so easy! It’s a one-bowl recipe that doesn’t require a mixer or any special ingredients or equipment.

Better

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I recommend mixing the bread by hand rather than using a mixer. It’s easy, and it helps to avoid overmixing the batter.

In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and oil together. Add the eggs and whisk in until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree until combined.

This bread can be stored in a resealable container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the fridge, and that will help it to stay fresh a little longer.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Quick Bread Recipe

The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Once it is completely cooled, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and place in a resealable freezer bag.

If you’ve tried this easy pumpkin bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!

Easy pumpkin bread recipe that makes moist homemade pumpkin bread. Check out the tips and step-by-step photos above the recipe for more information.

Healthy Pumpkin Bread {no Sugar + Whole Wheat Flour}

Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 291 kcal | Carbohydrates: 48 g | Protein: 3 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 27 mg | Sodium: 201 mg | Potassium: 125 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 30 g | Vitamin A: 5555 IU | Vitamin C: 1.6 mg | Calcium: 27 mg | Iron: 1.7 mg

Easy

Kate got her first cookbook when she was five years old, and she hasn't stopped cooking since then! Her delicious recipes have been featured on Food Network,