Banana Bread Recipe At High Altitude

High-Altitude Banana Bread for those who live above 3, 000 ft elevation! If you live at high altitude, you already know how challenging it can be to bake breads and cakes and get them to turn out right.

Soft and perfectly raised, this bread comes out beautiful. I live at 7, 400 ft elevation, so this recipe will work at nearly any altitude.

Mountain

This recipe is incredibly simple and easy. I haven’t tried using it at lower elevation, but if you do, just add 1/4 cup less flour, and it should be fine.

The Best Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

I start by placing butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a mixing bowl and mixing well. I like to use my electric mixer, but you can also use a whisk.

I add the bananas without mashing them first. If you use an electric mixer, it will mash the bananas up just fine! If you use a whisk, you will want to mash the bananas before adding to batter.

Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes, approximately. You can test for doneness by poking the loaf in the center with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, it is done. If it has batter clinging to it, then you need to bake it longer.

-

High Altitude Banana Bread • Food Folks And Fun

I like to add 1/2 cup of chopped dates, it adds a sweet, chewy pop to the banana bread. Or you can use pecans instead of walnuts. My kids love to add chocolate chips!

You may store it in an airtight bag or container at room temperature for several days. Sometimes, I wrap mine well and freeze it for later, because quick breads just get better as they age. It’s so handy to use up my ripening bananas, and also have a treat ready for later!

How

I hope this recipe works as good for you as it does for me! I also have a Dairy-Free Banana Bread recipe, should you need it. Or you can try these kid-friendly Banana-carrot muffins.

High Altitude Banana Bread Coffee Cake

Serving: 1 slice Calories: 271 kcal Carbohydrates: 34 g Protein: 5 g Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 51 mg Sodium: 253 mg Potassium: 158 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 17 g Vitamin A: 274 IU Vitamin C: 2 mg Calcium: 55 mg Iron: 1 mg

High

Serving: 1 slice Calories: 271 kcal Carbohydrates: 34 g Protein: 5 g Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 51 mg Sodium: 253 mg Potassium: 158 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 17 g Vitamin A: 274 IU Vitamin C: 2 mg Calcium: 55 mg Iron: 1 mg

High