Earls Pan Bread Recipe

After an exhausting football practice with my new team, some of us decided to grab a bite and happened upon Earls at their Kingsway location.

It happened to be Happy Hour when we were there, but for drinks I still stuck with my go to drink: Mojito. 

Pan

Now this wasn’t an original mojito like I usually get, but rather a Cucumber Mojito $8.50! There were 3 choices, lime, raspberry or cucumber, and I decided on this one as I felt the cucumber would compliment a mojito well and I was not disappointed. You can definitely taste the subtle cucumber flavour in the midst of this refreshingly delicious mojito made with Appleton White Rum, mint, and fresh lime! Just what I needed after practice in the rain on a Sunday afternoon! Highly recommend this one!

Earls Copycat Chicken, Brie And Fig Sandwich |

We then ordered food and since it was happy hour, all of us ordered at least one item off their happy hour menu.

I love celery and dip, so the $1.00 add on was definitely a must for me. The wings themselves were not bad in my opinion and would only be worth it at the happy hour price of $0.50 per wing. Regular price is listed as $1 per wing for a dozen, which I don’t think would be worth paying for here. This dish overall was pretty good and did well to satisfy my immediate hunger.

What I ordered next was another starter(because I sometimes like to eat two starters instead of a main course =p), the Italian Style Pan Bread with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar $4.00.  

No Knead Rosemary Focaccia

The bread was very delicious and pretty thick, so this was a very satisfying dish for me. The extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar were very good and it was just the right ratio to mix well together, and it paired very well with the bread. I definitely loved this dish and would recommend it for other bread lovers out there!

The service was pretty good and they came around to refill our glasses of water very frequently, and was very much needed as we were all drained from the practice, with some of my teammates having soccer games in the evening! They were very friendly and served us well throughout our meal.

Italian

Overall, I already love Earls and this visit was no different than my previous satisfying experiences. The food is great and the service is excellent. I would venture to make this the next post-practice destination as well, as I’m sure my teammates wouldn’t mind either!

Earls Menu Flashcards

Yesterday Phil and I had a super late lunch and we were right in time for Earl’s happy hour menu. We went to the Burnaby location and I love how I can still enjoy their patio in the middle of September. Summer ain’t over just yet!

I was so glad to see Sangria being on the happy hour menu. I ordered a White Wine Peach Sangria for $4.00, it was soooooo delicious. It was fruity and refreshing, just what I needed at the time!

Earls

We saw BBQ Pork Buns on the menu and we were really curious how they made this, so we decided to order two to try. It was surprisingly really good. It has a bit of spice to it but it made the whole thing extremely flavorful.

An Uncomplicated Life Blog: Lemon Pumpkin Seed Scones

Next we got the Chicken Tenders ($13.00), this is not on the happy hour menu, but I love and need my chicken so I ordered this anyways. The chicken was crispy on the outside and cooked just right on the inside. We always loved Earl’s French fries, so that did not disappoint. On the side it comes with a plum sauce for your chicken and ketchup for your fries.

First cone we got, there was a strand of hair inside the cone so we had to ask for another one. Hoping that this would be worth the wait, but it wasn’t. The outer cone was a soft texture, reminded me of the wrap that people use to make spring rolls. Anyways, overall I did not like the mixed ingredients that they decided to put within the cone. I wouldn’t recommend ordering this.

My

I wasn’t expecting much from their sushi rolls, but WOW this was a shocker. It was actually very delicious. The combinations of the ingredients worked really well with each other and the sauce complimented the overall sushi very well. The orangey sauce has a bit of spice but it’s very mild.

Been On A Focaccia Train Lately. Tried Replicating Earls Focaccia They Had Decades Ago. Think I'm Pretty Close! 70% Hydration, Pinch Of Italian Seasoning In The Dough, And Baked In A Cake

Before going to the White Cap’s game, limmerZ and I decided to hit up Earls for dinner since the food at BC Place is always over priced. At first we were walking around downtown looking for a place to eat and then we decided to try the Earls in Downtown. We took the skytrain to Downtown so I don’t know how parking is around that area, but usually Downtown parking is expensive so I recommend taking transit rather than driving. The interior of the place is very spacious and they had TONS of TV’s everywhere. The style of the restaurant is similar to Milestone or Joey’s. 

LimmerZ ordered the Bronx Burger with a caesar salad on the side. ($15.75) It has onion rings in the burger and it was HUGE! It reminds me of the burger limmerZ had at the Hub. He definitely enjoyed this burger a lot. I asked him which one is better, this one or the burger at the Hub, but he couldn’t choose between the two. So I’m guessing they’re both too good to compare. 

Been

I ordered the Naples Margherita pizza. ($13.00) It contains fresh mozzarella, parmesan, San Marzano tomato sauce, basil and extra virgin olive oil on hand tossed thin crust. It was super delicious and I thought it was worth the $13.00. Also it was a good amount and I almost finished the whole thing.

Cooking With Kids: Quick And Easy Pizza Garlic Bread Recipe

I thought service was excellent. We were trying to rush through our food because we were trying to get to BC Place on time. The food arrived pretty fast and the waitress always stopped by and asked us how we were doing and seeing whether we needed anything else.