Safeway Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe

Classic focaccia bread is given a cheesy, spicy twist in this easy recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Focaccia Bread, perfect for dipping in soups & chilies!

Last week I made the most tastyGreek Turkey Soup, and while I loved every bite ofit, I was wishing I had some of my Rosemary Focaccia Bread to dip in the soup and soak up allthe deliciousness.

Jalapeno

I didn’t want to run into that problem again this week when I made my Chipotle Stout Chili, so I decided to make this Jalapeño Cheddar Focaccia Bread to dip up all that chili goodness!

Jalapeno Cheddar Bread (easy Refrigerated Breadstick Recipe)

Rosemary Focaccia Bread has been a long time favorite of my Dad’s, he makes it regularly and takes to the office to share with his co-workers.

This recipe forGluten Free Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread has been a hit onPinterest, so I basically combined the two to make this delicious new recipe. Perfect for Fall!

Whether you dip it in soup or chili, or slice it up and makeit into a sandwich, I know you’re going to love it!

Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe: How To Make It

There is nothing like the smell of homemade bread in the oven. I repeat, there is nothing like the smell of homemade bread in the oven! OMG! It takes me to my seriously happy place!

Like Taylor Swift blasting in the background, dancing around my living room, pouring a glass of wine at 4 in the afternoon, kind of happy place! 😉

Calories 962 kcal (48%) Carbohydrates 127 g (42%) Protein 21 g (42%) Fat 40 g (62%) Saturated Fat 10 g (50%) Cholesterol 30 mg (10%) Sodium 1313 mg (55%) Potassium 228 mg (7%) Fiber 5 g (20%) Sugar 6 g (7%) Vitamin A 440 mg (9%) Vitamin C 13.4 mg (16%) Calcium 125 mg (13%) Iron 7.5 mg (42%)

La Brea Bakery Jalapeno Cheddar Loaf Bread

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

I’m a sports-loving, coffee-drinking, food blogger, the host of “29 Minute Meals”, a contributing writer for TODAY Food, cookbook author and on-camera food and lifestyle expert! Here you’ll find most recipes are made in 29 minutes or less, in one pot, or in a crock pot!The smell of fresh baked bread stirs the senses of almost anyone in a positive way. Even if you can’t or don’t eat bread, the aroma still brings a smile to your face. I’m learning new culinary skills now that I’m an actual functioning bakery, and since I love bread, learning to bake bread was a no-brainer.

After successfully making my first loaf of bread, my wheels began to turn. I wanted to see if I could create different types of breads that people would like, so I came up with quite a few flavors. Currently the most popular is my Jalapeno Cheddar Bread. It is pleasant to the eyes, it smells great and the taste is not too spicy, but it does have a nice kick to it.

Bakery

Bagels, Jalapeno Cheese

I sell out this bread every time I place it on my counter. Since creating my version of Jalapeno Cheddar Bread, I’ve added bacon to one version, and it, too, is a hit. You can slice it for sandwiches, cut it up to add to a charcuterie board, or warm it up and have a piece with real butter spread on it. No matter how you slice it or serve it, you will be pleasantly surprised at how yummy and dense this bread is.

Of course, this bread recipe can be altered many, many different ways, so explore! Don’t be afraid to be creative when making bread. If you don’t want to try your hand at making bread right away, come try a loaf or two at Da Munchie Plug LLC located in Lindale Mall.

Now it’s time to roll up our sleeves, wash our hands and get started on creating our very own version of Jalapeno Cheddar Bread.

Bakery Bread Focaccia Jalapeno & Cheddar

Whisk together the flour (see Note), sugar and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese in a large bowl. (I personally skip adding the cheddar cheese until after the next step and separate the dough into 2 halves. I spread half the dough into the bottom of the pan and spread the cheddar cheese, jalapenos and a teaspoon of butter then top it with the other half of the dough.)

Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and fold until just combined. It’s OK if there are lumps. The batter will be relatively thick and shaggy. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and pat out into an even layer. Pour the remaining butter over the batter and top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and jalapeno slices. Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 190 degrees, about 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes.

Jalapeno

Note: Be sure to scoop the flour into a measuring cup and level off because if you scoop it directly into the measuring cup it will compact the flour causing it to be more than a cup and your bread will be dry.Jalapeno Cheddar Bread is a soft, tender-but-sturdy-enough-for-sandwiches bread with a cap of melted, crisped Cheddar cheese. Under that beautiful, golden brown top is bread that was braided with thin slices of fresh jalapeno and more Cheddar cheese that melts into the loaf as it bakes. It’s hard to find a better bread to serve with soups, salads, and chilis, but it makes magnificent toast for fried eggs or sandwiches, too.

Jalapeno Bread Recipe

Before I talk about today’s recipe for Jalapeno Cheddar Bread, I just have to say THANK YOU ALL! For what? For hanging out with me for NINE YEARS of blogging. 9 years! Today marks nine whole years since I posted my first recipe here on Foodie with Family. If you want a laugh, go back into the archives and check out my “photography style” and, um, interesting formatting choices from back in the day. Thank you for reading Foodie with Family, thank you for cooking alongside me virtually, thank you for your feedback and questions, and most of all thank you for just being there! I’m so grateful for each and every one of you.

Those who live within easy reach of a Wegmans are usually pretty familiar with the plentiful and excellent baked goods that their bakeries produce. We have an unofficial family policy of trying every single new bread we find at our favourite Wegmans. One of the latest ones to capture our affection is Jalapeno Cheddar Bread.

I do love bread. I do, I do, I do. But while I love most bread madly, there are some loaves that excite me more than others. I don’t know how anyone could walk by Jalapeno Cheddar Bread without at least pausing to admire it; irregularly shaped,   studded with jalapeno rounds peeking out from under a generous cover of melted and crisped Cheddar cheese, Jalapeno Cheddar Bread is a thing of beauty.

Bakery Bread Focaccia Cheddar Jalapeno Bread

Jalapeno Cheddar Bread is a soft, tender-but-sturdy-enough-for-sandwiches bread with a cap of melted, crisped Cheddar cheese. Under that beautiful, golden brown top is bread that was braided with thin slices of fresh jalapeno and more Cheddar cheese that melts into the loaf as it bakes.

Jalapeno

Calories: 297 kcal Carbohydrates: 43 g Protein: 10 g Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 14 mg Sodium: 527 mg Potassium: 114 mg Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 3 g Vitamin A: 170 IU Vitamin C: 3.1 mg Calcium: 112 mg Iron: 2.5 mg

Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.

Bread Cheese Jalapeno Stock Photos

Are you interested in learning how to can food or to try new recipes for canning food? Do you enjoy both savory and sweet canned goods?

Foodie with Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.