Bread Recipe Fleischmann'S Yeast

This recipe was torn out of a magazine back in 1981.  I remember Fleischmann’s Yeast had several ads for baking some fun and easy breads, and I’m quite sure the others are in my filing cabinet down in my Culinary Cellar.  I happened to come across this one for English Muffin Loaves while looking for Christmas bread recipes last month and set it aside for one of those cold January days when I wanted to bake some bread.  Today was the day!  It’s so easy to make because there is no kneading and only one short rising period before baking.

Most likely you have all the ingredients to make these delicious loaves in your pantry right now.  They are a great weekend treat and can be made before everyone else in the house is even awake, although the aroma could wake up the neighborhood.  Does anything smell better than homemade bread baking?

The

The bread slices are full of the nooks and crannies you expect from an English muffin along with a slightly softer middle and a delightfully crunchy outside.  Let the loaves cool, then slice and toast.  Toasting brings out even more flavor and crunch.  The original recipe from the ad has a notation at the bottom that by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Fleischmann’s, you would receive a free booklet with ideas of how to make variations on this bread including orange, whole wheat currant, garlic, and others.  Oh my, I hope I had the presence of mind to do that back in 1981.  I’ll have to go check my files, or if I didn’t then I’ll be making up the flavors myself.  Other added ingredients could be amazing!  Maybe adding garlic would be a delicious base for making English Muffins pizzas, which I love. Or for the whole wheat-currant flavor, toast and top with a citrus curd.  But for the plain bread slices, you can simply butter them, top with jam, honey, cinnamon-sugar, or anything else you love for breakfast on English Muffins.This recipe comes from the back of a Fleischmann’s yeast packet with the expiry date marked of 1980 so this recipe is a couple decades old. Recipe is typed below along with a scanned copy.

Go To Dough

Heat milk, water and 1 cup margarine to 120°-130°F. Add to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Add egg yolks and 1/2 cup flour. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in more flour to make a stiff batter. Cover bowl tightly with aluminum foil. Refrigerate 4 hours.

Turn dough out onto floured board; roll into 6 ropes 18 inches long. Braid 3 ropes together; seal ends firmly. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 3 ropes. Brush each braid with melted margarine and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

Thank you for posting this recipe!! My mother used to turn out a bunch of these at the holidays – it’s a tasty sweet bread. I just asked her for the recipe today so I could make a braid for a school breakfast, and she lamented that it has been some time since she had her hands on the old Fleischmann’s packet that she referred to for the recipe. She was going to try and recreate the dough from memory – now nothing is left to chance! Can’t wait to sink my teeth into this delicious treat once again!

Easy Dinner Rolls

I used to make this recipe for my family business and for my daughters. It was a family favorite. During a move I lost the recipe and until now I have not been able to find any recipe that is nearly as good as this one. I am THRILLED that you posted this oldie but goodie. I am going to surprise my family with a braid for each of them. Thank you for also posting the picture of the orignal package. This is my assurance that it is the exact recipe I used back in the 80’s. Thank you again!!

I saved the original empty yeast package from back in the 1980s, but it is in a folder in a box that I have in storage. I was very pleased to find the recipe on the internet. I made the cinnamon coffee braids and gave one of them to a friend. Her very selective and discriminating daughter was enthused about it. Thanks for making the recipe available to people. It is great with coffee at breakfast, at coffee break time or really any time of the day.

Best

THANK YOU! I made this in college dorm for a 4-H demonstration class. So easy! I did get tripped by professor and leaned this is a “batter” not dough and i should admit ignorance and say “i will find out”. Lol the things we remember. Time to make some, NOW! THANKS?You know what one of the best smells in the world is?  Homemade bread baking in the oven.  The smell of the yeast rising, the bread baking and the anticipation for it to be done, so you can dig into freshly warm bread.  Oh yeah!  Life couldn’t get any better.  Sigh…  So today I want you to experience the same love for bread that I have.  So today, I have for you the most perfect dinner roll recipe ever.

Fleischmann's, Bread Machine Yeast

This is the most easy and forgiving yeast bread recipe ever. I will admit, I forgot to add one crucial ingredient when making these rolls, salt. Yes I forgot the salt, yet my bread still turned out. I’ll be honest, I am not the best person when it comes to using yeast. I either make my dough soggy, or I knead it too much and it becomes hard as a rock. But you don’t have to be afraid, if I can make amazing dinner rolls so can you.

The rolls, are soft, light, buttery and will simply please your guests at the dinner table. I got this recipe from Fleischmann’s Bread World. It said for beginners and as much as I don’t want to admit it, I’m a beginner bread maker.

Easy

The recipe makes 12 dinner rolls and only come in at 106 calories. Pretty good for bread that contains butter and milk. For the yeast I used Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise Yeast. It makes rising time so much quicker and it is so easy to use. You can find it at your local grocery store.

Cinnamon Coffee Braid Recipe (fleischmann's) « Recipecurio.com

I enjoyed making these rolls. My Husband saw the dough on my bread board and he said, you made that? Yes I did! It looked perfect. You can check out the picture here.  I documented the making of my rolls on Instagram, check them out.

Classic recipes or new twists, there’s a fan for every kind of recipe at your Thanksgiving table. You can find more holiday inspiration in our recipe index for Karo Syrup and Fleischmann’s Yeast online.

Portugese

Remember, baking from scratch is an easy way to treat yourself and loved ones. Fleischmann’s Yeast and Karo Syrup make it easy to “bake” someone happy this holiday!I don’t usually try “master” recipes, but this one from Fleischmann's Yeast Best Ever Breads was a winner. The dough was easy to work with, and quick to make. I liked the idea of making a plain loaf of bread for breakfast toast, and a fancy-shaped loaf for sharing with a soup or pasta meal. It also has directions for pizza crust and rolls. I can visualize this recipe being the go-to recipe for busy housewives – inexpensive and easy to make. It cost me $2.16 to make 2 loaves of very nice bread – or $1.08 each, from basic ingredients without unnecessary additives. If you want a more nutritious loaf, add a tablespoon or two of wheat germ or bran, or a tablespoon of each to the flour.

Baking Bread Fleischmann's Yeast Bake It Easy Yeast

**If you use active dry yeast, the first rise should double, about 30-60 minutes; the second rise should also double, about 1-1 1/2 hours for a loaf.

In mixer bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120-125°). Gradually add mixture to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer with paddle attachment, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough, mixing well. Change to dough hook and knead on speed 2 for 6 minutes.

-

Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes. Punch down lightly and knead a little to remove big air bubbles.

Crusty Artisan Bread

Loaves: (about 1 1/2 pound each) Roll 1/2 of dough to 12 x 7 rectangle. Beginning at short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch ends and seal. Place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan, seam side down. Cover, let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 25 minutes. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Bread should be about 190° to 200° with an instant read thermometer when