Cinnamon Yeast Bread Recipe

Juicy rationalizations aside, there are few things yummier than homemade cinnamon bread. Eat it sliced off the loaf, toasted and smeared with butter…or step things up and use it to make French or cinnamon toast. And take delight in knowing that no storebought version of this stuff will ever, ever compare.

I left the raisins out, as I wanted to keep things simple. But I’ll tell you down below where you can add them in if you’re in the mood.

Cinnamon

Heat the butter in a saucepan or pot with 1 cup of milk. I used 2%, but if I’d had whole milk in the fridge, I would have used that.

Swedish Cinnamon And Cardamom Bread

I love using whole milk in baking. It makes me feel like a rebel, which makes me feel dangerous, which makes me feel like a brunette.

Now, let the milk/butter mixture cool until it’s warmer than lukewarm but not overly warm. Then grab 2 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast…

…And sprinkle it over the liquid. Stir it around just a little bit, then let the mixture sit for about ten minutes. That’ll wake the yeast from its deep sleep.

Homemade Dollywood Cinnamon Bread

Active dry yeast is sold in either packets or jars; I usually go for the jars, because then I can measure whatever quantity I need. The packets are exactly 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast, and if I need a little more than that, I have to open another packet, use just a little of it, then try to be organized and neat enough to close the packet and store it without spilling it all over the cabinet.

Now throw some sugar and eggs into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. The reason I’m using the paddle attachment is that this is a dough. If it’s a dough, I use the paddle attachment.

It’s best if your eggs aren’t straight out of the fridge for this recipe, because if the egg/sugar mixture is too cold, it’ll stop the yeast magic from continuing. So just remove the eggs from the fridge a couple of hours before you want to make the dough, and you should be fine. (I’ll also show you another trick for helping your yeast along here in a second.)

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread

Next, switch out the paddle for the dough hook attachment. I hardly ever use this thing, but when I do, I’m always thankful for its existence.

Knead the dough on medium speed for about ten minutes. It’ll slowly slap around the bowl and make all kinds of weird noise. If, after the ten minutes, the dough seems overly sticky—as in, you even think about sticking your finger in the bowl and your fingers will be covered with dough—add in 1/4 cup of flour and knead for another 5 minutes or so. Note that the dough should be slightly sticky and should stick to your fingers just a little bit…just not overly sticky/messy.

Meanwhile, I’ve been warming up my metal bowl by filling it with hot, hot water and allowing it to sit for a few minutes. (You can also stick a glass bowl in the microwave for a couple of minutes to get it nice and warm.)

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Cover the bowl in plastic wrap, then set it in a spot in your kitchen that’s slightly warm and definitely draft-free. You’ll want the dough to rise for at least 2 hours. If you have time to let it go longer, even better.

About this. I have found, through much trial and error, that in my kitchen, I have to actively create a warm, yeast-friendly environment when I make bread products. First of all, Marlboro Man and I are warmnatured and keep the thermostat in our house at 68. Yes, we’re freaks. But 68 degrees just isn’t a warm enough environment for yeast to do its thing. So I have all kinds of weird tricks where I heat an iron skillet or griddle on my stove, turn off the heat, then set the bowl on top. Often, I’ll cover the plastic wrap-covered bowl with a tea towel to “trap” the heat in. You don’t want to go overboard, of course—you’d never want to get the bottom of the bowl hot to the touch. But you definitely want things to be on the slightly warm (not room temperature) side.

-

Interestingly, the kitchen at the Lodge has proven to be quite hospitable to yeast situations. And it’s just a couple of miles away. Go figger!

Cinnamon Babka Bread Recipe (bread Machine) • Curious Cuisiniere

Roll it out into a rectangle. Stick your loaf pan in the front of the rectangle and make sure it’s not too wide. After this stage, I used my hands to straighten and mold the sides of the rectangle so it became very uniform and symmetrical. At the end, I placed the loaf pan in front of the rectangle to make sure the dough wasn’t wider than the pan.

And sprinkle it evenly over the top. This is where you could also sprinkle on raisins if you’re into that sort of thing.

Starting at the very back, roll the rectangle toward you carefully, until you wind up with a neat, tight roll of dough.

No Knead Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Now, butter the loaf pan generously (I always have a softened stick of butter sitting out on the counter for this reason!)

Cover with plastic wrap, then do whatever little tricks you have to do to get that warm environment back. I heated up this little iron grill pan, turned off the heat, then set the loaf pan right inside. I also covered it with a big tea towel to trap in the warmth.

Cinnamon

Incidentally, the times I’ve failed miserably at bread products have been the times I’ve gotten impatient with the rising. I’m terrible at this; I’m always trying to cut the rising time short, telling myself that it’ll continue rising in the oven. When I do that, I wind up with too-dense bread and a low self-image and I’m no fun to live with.

Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread Recipe

And smear it over the surface of the dough with a brush (or, if you’re like me, your fingers, since your boys stole your pastry brush and used it to paint their pet cow with mud.)

Now bake it in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. Make sure it’s not on a high rack; you don’t want the top to burn before the middle of the loaf gets done.

You know what’s great about this? It has all the goodness of homemade bread, with the added treat of the cinnamon-sugar. And listen up: you make French toast with this stuff, and you might as well hang it up. You will have reached the height of bliss.

Vegan Apple Fritter Bread

Easy, Cheesy Sheet Pan Breakfast Sandwiches Cheesy Gougères Are Little Puffs of Deliciousness 20 Creative Ways to Make Crostini How to Make Melt-in-Your-Mouth Potato Rolls

How to Make Biscuits With Cinnamon-Honey Butter This Homemade Sausage Stuffing Is a Breeze Homemade Glazed Doughnuts Are So Good The Most Traditional Breads to Bake for Christmas

Cinnamon

Ree's Skillet Cornbread Has Crispy Golden Edges How to Make Gorditas With Pulled Pork and Cheese Put Pumpkin Spice Muffins On Your Fall Baking List 15 Homemade Scones for a Bakery TreatHomemade Cinnamon Bread is a thing of beauty and you’ll never believe how easy it is to make! Homemade bread is always a special treat but when you add in swirls of cinnamon sugar? PERFECTION. Use the leftovers for French toast this weekend! Make sure to try these breakfast favorites: Buttermilk Pancakes,  Biscuits, and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole!

Easy Cinnamon Bread Recipe

Cinnamon Bread is one of those recipes I tend to make predominately in the fall and winter months. I don’t know why for sure but I think it has to do with the welcoming, homey, spicy aroma the bread emits while it’s baking to golden brown perfection.

Cinnamon just screams fall to me and when you combine that with the coziness of homemade bread, we’re talking about seriously good eats.

This easy cinnamon bread recipe combines delicious cinnamon flavor with a fragrance that permeates the entire house and systematically makes every. single. person. HAPPY. That’s the power of cinnamon. Oh yeah, and a little bit of sugar too, of course 😉

Sinfully Cinnamon Raisin Bread From Scratch

I’m obsessed with all things cinnamon and if you are too, you’re not going to want to miss these favorites: Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins,  Maple Cinnamon Glazed Peanut Butter Cookies, and this Pear Ginger Cinnamon Oat Smoothie – yum!

A lot of readers have asked if they can use this recipe to make Cinnamon Raisin Bread and the answer is most definitely! The recipe remains the same except sprinkle on a half cup of raisins on top of the cinnamon and sugar mixture before rolling up. (Use more or less to your liking.)

Cinnamon

This bread is a yeast bread meaning there is rise times and yeast involved. That being said. It takes about 10 minutes TOTAL of hands on time and the results are amazing.

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread

I find bread-making to be such a peaceful and rewarding endeavor. A little bit of work followed with some rise time. A little more work and then a little more rising. Throw it in the oven and enjoy the glorious fragrance and then it’s time to