Moist Banana Bread Recipe With Coconut Oil

This Healthy Banana Bread with coconut oil is about to change your life. It’s made with white whole wheat flour, roasted bananas, coconut oil, and dark chocolate chips.

If you love banana bread (or banana muffins!) but are looking for a healthy chocolate chip banana bread recipe, I have the perfect one just for you!

-

I’ve been a banana bread lover since I was a kid. My mom used to make two loaves at a time that’s how much we loved it! Today’s recipe is a healthier twist on classic banana bread. We used a variety of swaps to add a little bit more nutrition to this epic loaf.

The Ultimate Moist Banana Bread

One reason why I love this recipe is that we gave it our own little twist by roasting the bananas before mixing them into the batter. Roasting your bananas will bring out that lovely flavor even more. Do note that this recipe still works even without roasting your bananas!

I’m sure you’re wondering why we decided to use coconut oil in place of vegetable oil. Actually, you’ll see coconut oil all over our baked good recipes on Fit Foodie Finds because it’s our favorite oil to bake with. Not only do we love the flavor of it but coconut oil is…

We often use it in place of vegetable oil 1:1 because of all of these benefits. One thing I want to note about coconut oil is that you do have to melt it if it gets below 76ºF, so don’t freak out if your coconut oil hardens in your kitchen!

Healthy Banana Bread With Coconut Oil

Before I share the recipe, I wanted to let you know that you can totally freeze this bread for later! All you have to do is let your banana bread cool completely. Then, wrap it tightly in saran wrap, making sure there are no air bubbles. Next, tightly wrap it with a piece of tin foil. I like to write the name of the recipe and the date on the tin foil so that I don’t forget what it is! Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.

To thaw: remove the healthy banana bread from the freezer and unwrap the tin foil and saran wrap. Let sit in the counter for a few hours before slicing and toasting in your toaster oven or heating in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.

This Healthy Banana Bread with coconut oil is about to change your life. It's made with white whole wheat flour, roasted bananas, coconut oil, and dark chocolate chips.

Banana Walnut Bread

MARK IS MOVING TO MINNEAPOLIS! First of all, I have no idea how we have already been dating for a year and a half, but finally after doing long distance this whole time between Minneapolis and Milwaukee, we’re going to be in the same city under the same roof! I feel like living apart for so long has been both really difficult and really good for strengthening our relationship. Mark and I were really good friends in high school, so we didn’t start our relationship from scratch, but it did take us a while to get in a good groove of balancing distance and seeing each other IRL.

Healthy

To give you some background on the situation, we weren’t always sold on staying in Minneapolis. For a while I was planning on moving to Milwaukee, but then I vetoed that rather quickly. For the past 6 months we’ve been decided between Minneapolis and Denver (hence the large amount of spontaneous trips to Denver). Denver has had my heart since the first time I went in high school. It was actually the plan for me to move there after college, but life has it’s ways of keeping you where you’re suppose to be. Mark fell in love with Denver last year so it felt like a really great option for us knowing that we both love the outdoors and warmer weather. Plus, it seemed like neutral territory for the both of us. Long story short, Minneapolis has my heart and my business for the time being. For a while I tried to tell myself that “I can do my job fromanywhere.” But can I? While this is true for some extent, I know that I can’t replicate my situation here in Minneapolis (Linley = God). I just can’t justify leaving this amazing community that I’ve built my business around. Plus, my family and co-workers are here!

I am so lucky that Mark’s job is flexible and he’s able to work remotely and most of all, willing to move to me. You have no idea how happy this makes my heart that someone would be willing to do this for me. So, he’s moving here in June! We found an adorable townhouse to rent near Lake Calhoun and we couldn’t be more excited to live together in the same city. WEEE. Now he gets to be my taste tester 100% of the time đŸ˜€

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. She started this website in 2010 as a way to share her love for real food and wellness. The internet has changed so much since then and so has Fit Foodie Finds. Today we're a female-run recipe website publishing hundreds of tried and true recipes developed and tested by our team.

Subscribe Join the Squad! Join the Fit Foodie Squad and stay up to date on our latest recipes, fit foodie finds, and more! Join now!*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2, 000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.

Healthier

Coconut oil is a very handy ingredient to use in recipes if you have someone who is lactose intolerant or dairy free in your house.A natural, plant-based source of saturated fat, coconut oil adds flavor, while creating a richer but lighter baked good. The oil is actually solid at room temperature; when used in place of butter, it should be kept solid, and when swapping in for an oil, the coconut oil needs to be melted.

Moist Banana Bread With Sour Cream

This quick bread is a great use of overripe bananas and can include chocolate chips for a sweeter treat if you like. Quick and easy to put together, it's a perfect recipe for getting the kids involved, from mashing the bananas to measuring the ingredients to mixing up the batter. Serve along with breakfast, as a snack, or even dessert.

Do you already have a go-to banana bread recipe? If the answer is No then this is for you. If the answer is Yes then this will be your new go-to. This bread is delicious! My family devoured it in one afternoon. It tastes great, is moist and flavorful, and bakes up beautifully. —Carrie Parente

I don't like this at all. It's not the worst. Sure, this will do. I'm a fan—would recommend. Amazing! I love it! Thanks for your rating!

Perfect

Oat Flour Banana Bread

When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site.A while back, a reader suggested I try using coconut oil instead of butter in my favorite banana bread recipe. I was a bit hesitant, but so glad I switched out coconut oil for butter because the result was

W O W! Sometimes a fat substitution = less flavor, or inferior flavor, or a less than desirable texture. Not so with coconut oil.

Opinions differ on the benefits of coconut oil, but most critics agree coconut oil is better for your body than butter. If it’s better for you, and taste is not compromised, I’m in.

Perfect Healthy Banana Bread

To line the pans with parchment, I place the paper on a counter, then place the pan on top of the paper. Trace around the bottom of the pan with a pen, then cut out the shape and place in the bottom of the pan. I usually double or triple the paper and cut several out at one time. You may also purchase pre cut liners in a baking supply store. I always recommend using a liner so the bread does not stick to the bottom of the pan. I also always grease with spray oil the bottom and sides of the pan to insure the bread does not stick.

-

For the best banana bread, the bananas should be very ripe. I use bananas that have black skins and are so soft, they can easily be mashed with a fork in a small bowl. If the bananas are extremely ripe, and you are using a stand mixer, the bananas may be added whole and will easily break