Turkish Bread Recipe For Bread Machine

Want to know how to make Turkish Bread? Look no further than this quick, easy and delicious authentic Turkish bread recipe. No bread baking experience required.

Yes I’m nosy when I think I can be of assistance to someone or they’re talking about something really juicy but I think if I can hear something while remaining in the confines of my own home, that doesn’t count as nosy as all, it’s merely being aware of one’s surroundings.

How

The golf widow that used to be pre-kids, I was home one Saturday afternoon baking an easy Turkish bread recipe when I heard raised voices coming from the unit next door.

No Knead Turkish Bread

I’m not talking abusive arguing just general couple stuff like ‘I did this’ and ‘you never do that’ that makes you feel normal and perhaps a little silly to think that you too sound like this sometimes.

I’m embarrassed to say that I was straight to the front door with my ear pinned to the crack to get my fix.

Every now and then I had to leave my post to knead the Turkish bread dough, pre-heat the oven, bake the Turkish bread and finally make my sandwich.

Bread Machine Italian Breadsticks

The argument went on for so long that I had to give up my post and sit down to eat, only because I couldn’t balance with my ear pinned to the door and eat a sandwich at the same time.

My Turkish bread sandwich was worth leaving the entertainment behind. I wasn’t expecting to be able to replicate the traditional bread but this was almost as good.

I toasted some the next day and it was super thin and crispy just like you get from toasting the store-bought version.

Turkish Pide Bread (ramazan Pidesi) • Unicorns In The Kitchen

Surprisingly, there was no oil in this recipe. Here I was thinking Turkish bread was oily (I think maybe the stuff you buy in the supermarket has a bit added to it).

2. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and use the dough hook on low speed until everything comes together. Increase the speed a little and knead the dough until it is smooth.

3. Shape the dough into a ball and pop it back in the bowl then cover it up and leave it to grow for 45 minutes or until it has doubled in size.

Turkish Bread: Pide

Give it a good whack to let the air out and then perform the lift and fold, similar to the bend and snap. Use a scraper to lift the bread at 12 o’clock back over into the middle of the dough.

6. Shape it into a ball again, cover it and leave it to rest for 30 minutes this time. If you’re really short on time then you might prefer my 30 minute bread.

-

7. Line a baking tray with baking paper and then sprinkle over the polenta. It’s not an essential step but I think it looks much more authentic with the polenta bottom.

How To Make Turkish Bread

Divide the dough into as many pieces as you like and then stretch and shape them into long, flat pieces. Cover them again and leave them to rest for 15 minutes.

There are a few different crusts you can achieve with this bread by changing the oven temp and cooking time and playing with the level of steam.

I wanted a thin, crispy crust like the bread from the supermarket so I baked it at a high temp with steam (see the recipe for other options).

Thanksgiving Stuffing Loaf Recipe

9. While the oven it heating, poke the dough all over and brush it with the egg. Decorate the top of the dough with seeds.

All I had in the pantry was some poppy seeds so they had to do but I’d love to get my hands on some Nigella seeds to make it truly authentic. Anyone know where I can get some?

Pide

Not the most exotic sandwich I know but fresh shaved leg ham, Swiss cheese and whole grain mustard made the perfect sandwich filling for my first Turkish bread. Enjoy!

Low Carb Bread Machine Recipe

Bakers flour (in Australia) is a flour that has a higher protein and gluten content than regular plain flour which means it holds together better and is perfect for baking bread like easy Turkish bread.

You can also use regular plain flour in homemade Turkish bread and add ‘bread improver’ to it which is basically the protein that’s added to make bakers flour.

What about you? Are you nosy or do you keep to yourself? Would you listen in on your neighbours or do you think I’m terrible?

Gluten Free Chickpea Flour Bread Recipe

Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag @ so I can see all the wonderful Claire K Creations recipes and creations YOU make!

I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, tips, tricks and tools for making life simpler, more natural and more connected and see what’s new around here (so that you never miss a new recipe, tip or trick)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.

Turkish

Do you want to learn more about baking your own bread? Check out my free eBook – 10 Bread Baking Mistakes and How to fix/avoid them.

Turkish Flatbread (fladenbrot) Recipe Found In Germany

To add steam, place a baking dish of water in the bottom of the oven when you turn it on and leave it in there for the entire baking process. Be careful when you open the oven because it will be very steamy!

Nutrition and Wellness Coach, mum of 3 and creator of Claire K Creations, Claire Cameron is passionate about simplifying natural living for busy families.

Through good food, natural products & simple living she'll help you achieve better health and a happier planet in a quick, easy & affordable (but not hippie!) way.

Turkish Pide Bread Recipe (no Knead)

Learn how to make your own bread to save money, reduce preservatives & additives & improve your family’s health (in way less time than you think).