Banana Bread Recipe Betty Crocker Cookbook

A loaf of sweet and moist Betty Crocker Banana Bread is all you need to fill your kitchen with joy. Anytime is good time to enjoy a slice of this warm bread, fresh from the oven.

The recipe I’m sharing today has appeared in every edition of the Betty Crocker cookbook. That means home bakers have been baking this bread for more than six decades!

-

Betty Crocker Banana Bread may very well have been the very first banana bread you ever tasted.Made with plenty of ripe bananas, Betty Crocker Banana Bread continues to be one of my favorites.

My Mom's Classic Banana Bread Recipe |

Did you grow up with the Betty Crocker Cookbook? My mother kept her copy in easy reach at all times. When she was looking for a recipe, she checked her Betty Crocker first. When I grew up and had my own kitchen, a Betty Crocker Cookbook was one of the first cookbooks I added to my shelf.

Maybe it’s nostalgia or maybe it’s because this is just a good recipe, but I still love this quick bread every time I make it.

This is a no-frills bread that comes together easily. It’s dependable and the results are always delicious, the banana flavor really shines. The recipe makes two loaves, and I love how well this recipe freezes. It’s great to keep on hand for quick grab and go breakfasts or afternoon snacks for the kids. My kids LOVE this recipe!

Nigella's Banana Bread

Betty Crocker Banana Bread is pure banana goodness enhanced by chopped nuts folded into the batter.Unfortunately I can’t add nuts due to an allergy, but if you can – by all means, do so! You can also fold in other additions such as chocolate chips, dried cranberries or other things you like in the banana bread. Since this recipe makes two loaves, I often do one loaf plain, and one loaf with chocolate chips.

You can make this recipe in one bowl in just a few straightforward steps. The full printable recipe is found at the end of the post, but here’s a quick run down for you to give you an idea.

Betty

I let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out and placing it on a wire rack to continue the cooling process.

Classic Banana Bread Recipe

This recipe would be great with either walnuts and pecans. Use whichever you like or a combination of both! When using chocolate chips, I prefer to use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

There’s nothing complicated about baking this bread. Everything comes together in one bowl, so clean up is extra easy. That said, I’ve learned a few things over the years about how to make the BEST Betty Crocker Banana Bread:

-

9 times out of 10, I don’t bother running out to buy a carton of buttermilk to bake with. You can make your own! Check out my homemade buttermilk post for the recipe.

The Best Healthy Banana Bread Recipe From The 90's

To accommodate my daughter’s dietary needs, I’ve often made this recipe dairy free. To do so I use Earth Balance sticks in place of butter, and make homemade buttermilk using vinegar and Ripple Milk. We use Ripple Milk due to a nut allergy, but if a nut milk was an option, we would likely use that instead. By also using an egg replacer, you could make this recipe vegan.

Betty Crocker Banana Bread is pretty much guaranteed to end up delicious. This is THE tried and true banana bread recipe. My mother baked this bread, my grandmother baked this bread and chances are good yours did too. I hope you enjoy it as much I do!

Best

This classic Betty Crocker Banana Bread recipe is as good as it gets! Easy to make and full of great banana flavor, with an incredible moist texture, your family will absolutely love this delicious banana loaf!

Betty Crocker's Banana Bread Recipe

A single 9x5x3 loaf pan can also be used in place of two smaller loaf pans. When doing so, bake for approximately 75 minutes. 

Bread can be stored tightly wrapped at room temperature for 3-4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. This recipe also freezes well. 

Betty

Calories: 218 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 3 g | Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 42 mg | Sodium: 233 mg | Potassium: 120 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 19 g | Vitamin A: 242 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 18 mg | Iron: 1 mg

A Short History Of Banana Bread

Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.