Best Bread Maker Gluten Free Bread Recipe

Looking for that perfect loaf of homemade gluten-free bread? Try my easy gluten-free bread machine recipe that will satisfy cravings for soft and tasty bread. Includes a dairy-free option.

Personally, I am not a big sandwich person (unless it’s big fatty sub like a cheesesteak) and I have a hard time paying over $5 for a very small loaf of bread.

BEST

I broke down went out a bought a bread machine that had a gluten-free setting. The bread machine that I have is an Oster bread machine with a gluten-free setting. When I set the machine to the gluten-free setting it no longer allows me to choose between a 1.5lb or a 2lb loaf. So, I’m assuming it’s a 2lb loaf.

Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread

I ended up modifying a recipe on the back of Gluten Free Mama’s flour blend a bit to find the perfect bread machine bread recipe for my family. I have also made this recipe using Pillsbury gluten-free flour.

Making gluten-free homemade bread in a bread machine is as easy as that! Just make sure your bread machine is set to the gluten-free mode.

I have not tried to make bread by hand because honestly, I don’t have time for all of that. I just add all the ingredients into my bread machine and walk away until it’s done.

Easy Homemade Gluten Free Bread Machine Bread (dairy Free!)

If your bread machine does not have a gluten-free setting, you will want the setting that only has one mixing cycle (it’s often the quick, rapid, rapid rise, one rise or basic feature). Gluten-free bread does not need a second rise.

If you don’t have a feature with only one mixing cycle, try to see if you can override the pre-programmed settings for a 20-minute mix cycle, 1-hour rise cycle, and 1 hour-bake cycle.

You can also check out your bread machine’s manufacturer website to see if they have a gluten-free setting suggestion for their bread machine. Some bread machine makers have instructions for a gluten-free bread setting for their older models.

Soft, Fluffy Gluten Free Bread (dairy Free)

The best way to measure gluten-free flour is the “spoon & level” method. Using a spoon, scoop the flour into the measuring cup. After you’ve spooned the flour into the measuring cup, use the back of a knife to level off the top of the measuring cup.

I have also included a dairy-free option for the recipe. My husband, myself and youngest son are all dairy-free as well. So now you too can enjoy a gluten-free and dairy-free homemade bread.

I promise it is just as delicious made with the dairy-free butter and milk. Some of my favorite dairy-free alternatives that I like to bake with is almond, cashew or coconut milk. I also like baking with coconut oil or Earth Balance or Smart Balance butter.

Gluten Free Sandwich Bread (amazing & Easy!)

This gluten-free bread is so soft and is so full of flavor, unlike some of the cardboard tastingstore-bought brands. I always serve this bread warm and my family eats it all in one sitting.

Another one of my favorite gluten-free bread recipes is my Gluten-Free Rolls andGluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits . These recipes are super easy to make!

Looking for that perfect loaf of homemade gluten-free bread? Try my easy gluten-free bread machine recipe that will satisfy cravings for soft and tasty bread. Includes dairy-free option.

Easy Gluten Free Bread Recipe

Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 212 kcal | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 40 mg | Sodium: 263 mg | Potassium: 74 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 14 g | Vitamin A: 205 IU | Vitamin C: 0.1 mg | Calcium: 61 mg | Iron: 1.3 mg

-

© MAMA KNOWS GLUTEN FREE. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.Baking gluten free bread in a breadmaker can be an easy entree into baking gluten free bread from scratch. Add the ingredients, push the button and GO! Let the bread machine do the heavy lifting.

Using an easy gluten free bread mix makes things even more of a breeze. (The loaves pictured below are all made with my Bread Mix, which was just voted #1 Gluten Free Bread Mix again in the 2023 Gluten Free Awards –

Yeast Free Gluten Free Vegan Bread

But which gluten free bread maker is best? Does it have to have a gluten free setting to bake gluten free bread? What gluten free bread recipes work best in bread machines? Read on for answers.

For anyone leery of baking gluten free bread from scratch, and for those who don’t have a stand mixer, a bread maker may be your new best friend.

Since the hardest part is often just finding the patience to wait for that yummy nirvana of heavenly yeasty bread aromas to permeate every room of your home, beckoning you to make a sandwich or slather a warm fresh-baked slice with butter … it’s easy to see why gluten free bread machines are so well-loved!

Easy Gluten Free Bread Recipe That Anyone Can Make

BUT … don’t hesitate to try baking gluten free bread from scratch if you don’t have or can’t afford to buy a gluten free bread machine. The homemade gluten free bread recipes on my site are all designed to be made without a bread machine, though many may be made in a bread machine, as well. And you don’t have to be a bread baking expert to bake them — I promise!

Some of my favorite gluten free loaves are baked in my oven, and some recipes don’t even require a bread pan! Gluten free sandwich bread, challah, gluten free bread sticks, 10 Minute Gluten Free Focaccia … are just some of the amazing homemade gluten free bread recipes on my site that can be made easily without a breadmaker.

Baking

1- You don’t have to have the most expensive breadmachine to have the best bread. I travel with my bread makers for many cooking classes, and I won’t risk a big investment being in the hands of the TSA. So I tend to prefer mid-range bread makers for travel: Oster®, BreadMan® or Cuisinart® and Hamilton Beach®. These are all typically in the $85-$150 range.

Gluten Free Bread Maker Recipe: 6 Ingredient White Loaf

But I truly love the loaves my reliable, two-paddled Zojirushi® turns out; I don’t risk traveling with it because it is a costlier machine. You can read about the Zojirushi as well as my preferred mid-range and travel machines in my gluten free bread machine reviews.

The process of baking gluten free bread in a bread machine is the same, no matter which model you use: liquids first, then dry ingredients, then yeast. Here’s a quick video showing you how:

(The short video above shows bread being made with my Bread Mix; to make with a scratch recipe, simply use the ingredients in this Gluten Free Sandwich Bread or Dinner Rolls Recipe)

Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe

2- You don’t have to have a bread maker with a gluten free setting to bake gluten free bread. But it helps. If you have an older bread machine without a gluten free setting, make sure it’s totally clean from any gluten residue. If there are scratches on the pan or the paddle, buy new ones because they could house gluten left behind from the last loaf.

If you are in the market for a new bread maker, buy one with a gluten free setting. Check my review of gluten free bread machines though, as they are not all created equally; just because a machine has a gluten free setting, does not mean it will produce a good loaf.

3- Using bread makers without a gluten-free setting. Read your manual to find out if it will allow you to, and how to override the pre-programmed settings.

Gluten

Simple Gluten Free Bread Recipe

How to Program Your Bread Machine for Gluten Free Bread: 1. a 20-minute mix cycle 2. a 1-hour rise cycle 3. a 1-hour bake cycle Do not allow the machine to do a “punch down” or second rise! Those are settings specific to gluten breads, but they will damage your gluten free loaf.

4- Always bring ingredients to room temperature before mixing gluten free bread dough. For eggs, heat a bowl of water and put the un-cracked eggs in the bowl to bring them to room temperature.

5- Always put liquid ingredients into a bread maker pan first. Dry ingredients go on top. If you can whisk the dry ingredients together before pouring them into the pan, that is best.

Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Bread + Video

6- Keep a rubber spatula handy and help the bread maker out a bit during the mix cycle. Go around the pan with the spatula to help the ingredients incorporate. Th mixing paddles on bread machines don’t always get the dry ingredients off the sides of the pan, so using a rubber spatula can help. You’ll know after first use if your machine needs a little help mixing or not.

Leaving the mixing paddle in the bread during the bake cycle will cause a small hole to form in the bottom center of the loaf as you can see from this photo. Don’t be concerned when you see this the first time; if you don’t like it, remove the paddle before the rise cycle.

If

The Best Bread Maker (2022), Tested And Reviewed