Easy Bread Recipe In Bread Maker

There are many bread machine recipes out there, but if you're looking for just basic and simple homemade white bread - this is the perfect recipe for you!

This is my reliable, boring, proven recipe for a basic white bread. And, I also provide tips on how to make a homemade white bread less dense in a bread maker. In this recipe, all you do is spend 5 minutes to add ingredients to the bread pan and the bread machine does all the work, on an automatic cycle that is already programmed. That's the whole purpose of the bread maker, right? The end result is a tasty loaf of white bread just of the right density.

Easy

I do believe that the day will come when I will use a bread machine for something more sophisticated, but for once this week I am sharing the recipe that doesn't require too much thinking or meddling. Sometimes it's just nice to make certain foods almost on auto-pilot, especially for basic stuff, like white bread.

Making Homemade Bread In The Bread Maker

In the last 3 months I hardly bought any store-made bread, baking about a loaf every week at home, using bread machine recipes. And, I've noticed a couple of trends/issues when making bread: sometimes the bread comes out way too dense, or the loaf does not rise enough and, as a result, comes out even denser. So, here I will describe the homemade bread recipe that works for me to produce a less dense bread in a bread maker, using a basic cycle.

When you measure flour using cups, make sure not to pack flour too dense in a measuring cup, otherwise you will end up with much more flour than you need, and, therefore, the bread will come out denser. Measuring flour correctly will solve a lot of dense issues. The trick that works for me is that I use ⅓ measuring cup to carefully scoop all flour I need into the bread machine (usually about 3 cups), without over-packing it. Another way would be to weigh flour, which I don't do, but it's a solution.

Use bread flour, not regular all-purpose flour for all bread machine recipes. Bread flour contains a higher percentage of gluten than regular all-purpose flour. Using bread flour will produce taller, less dense loaves. If you use all-purpose flour (which has smaller percentage of gluten than bread flour), your loaves will be flatter and denser.

Best Bread Machine Recipes

When adding yeast, make sure you add it last, and add it on top of dry ingredients (flour). Make sure the yeast does not reach wet ingredients. Basically, make a small indentation on top of flour and add the yeast to the indentation, just like this:

And here is the simple white bread recipe. I started with the recipe that came in a little booklet together with my Williams-Sonoma bread machine, and I tweaked the ingredient measurements based on my preferences. It takes 10 minutes to prepare all ingredients together, and then it takes 3 hours and 15 minutes to bake the bread in a bread machine.

White

I've tried many bread machine recipes, and this one works perfectly for me to make simple white bread. The bread is tall, not dense, of perfect composition. Basic recipe for a bread maker machine.

Easy Sandwich Bread Recipe For Bread Machine

The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.

Tried this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and provide a Star Rating below - I love your feedback and try to respond to every comment!Never one to follow the crowd, I pulled out of my bread machine and made loaf after loaf of white sandwich bread.

Bread

It’s not that I don’t love sourdough or that I don’t know how to make it. I just…wasn’t in the mood to deal with it.

Easy Homemade French Bread (bread Machine/by Hand)

Sourdough is a delight but it requires an amount of labor that I didn’t have in me during the early days of the quarantine. It needs feeding and care and, well, I wanted something easy. Something reliable. My needs were simple: I wanted a loaf of bread that tasted great toasted and spread thick with butter and jam. (The fact that I couldn’t find any whole wheat flour also influenced my choice, to be honest.)

A friend had been made a loaf of King Arthur’s Easy Sandwich Bread. Her original loaves had turned out too dense and a bit dry.

Craftaholics

So she texted me. I looked at the recipe and suggested she replace the water with milk. It’s a simple swap but milk adds a bit of fat, which makes for a tender loaf of bread and the proteins and sugar help the loaf brown.

Easy Olive Bread Bread Machine Recipe

I hadn’t used my bread machine for years. In fact, I considered it cheating. I used it when testing and developing gluten-free recipes but for wheat-based baking? I’d never used the machine.

At this point, I’ve lost count of how many loaves I’ve made. Each one has come out perfectly. Which, at this time in life, is a gift.

Basic

My bread machine is fairly fancy, if there’s such a thing for bread machines. It’s a Zojirushi and the thing works like a champ. I put the milk, half and half, and butter in. Then the dry ingredients, and I sprinkle the yeast on top.

Whole Wheat Bread For The Bread Machine Recipe

Yes. If you don’t have half and half in the house, replace the amount called for with an equal amount of milk.