Korean Egg Bread Recipe

I first found the existence of gyeranppang from a Korean food blog. Since then, I’ve been looking out for it. What’s gyeranppang 계란빵 ? Gyeran 계란 means egg and ppang 빵 means bread. Yes, it simply means egg bread and that’s what it is. It’s a famous snack that you can find quite easily in Korea. I had gyeranppang when I was in Seoul. It was not bad. Let me tell you this, this recipe I’m sharing is even better than the one I had in Seoul. The authentic gyeranppang 계란빵 in Korea come in the shape of oblong. I wanted to make the authentic gyeranppang hence when I chanced upon gyeranppang mould/pan at Bangsan Market in Seoul, I knew I gotta buy it. Bought it I did and the rest is history. 🙂

My precious gyeranppang pans. 🙂 Pan size: 10.5cm (length) x 7cm (width) x 3cm (height). I only bought 5 pans. Fyi, this recipe can make 6 gyeranppang. If you don’t have this pan, don’t worry. You can use ramekins, muffin or cupcake pans as well.

First, place 2 eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Then, add all purpose flour, baking powder, vanilla essence, melted salted butter (I’ve tried using lard instead and it works well) and milk into the mixing bowl. Mix it well.

Korean Egg Bread (gyeranppang) Recipe, Make At Home Recipe!

Coat the gyeranppang pan with melted butter so that it won’t stick to the pan. Then pour batter evenly into the 6 pans. It should be about 1/4 full. Crack an egg into each pan.

C for 15 minutes. Then switch off the oven and let the bread finish cooking in the oven for 5 more minutes. Serve warm.

2. Add all purpose flour, baking powder, vanilla essence, melted salted butter and milk into the bowl. Mix well. Make sure there is no lump.

Gyeranppang 계란빵 Korean Egg Bread Recipe

3. Coat the gyeranppang pan with melted butter. If you don’t have gyeranppang pan, you can use ramekin, muffin or cupcake pan.

5. Crack an egg into each pan and top with ham or bacon, parsley or thyme, a pinch of salt and black pepper.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.OkPrivacy Policy

Gyeranppang (korean Egg Bread)