Zucchini Bread Recipe Low Fat

A delicious, healthy zucchini bread recipe that is made with half the amount of sugar, half whole wheat flour, greek yogurt and coconut oil. A healthier zucchini bread you can enjoy without the guilt!

I just finished reading the best book! Have you read Ready Player One? I’m a little late to the game on this one, but it might be my favorite book I’ve read all year. And this summer, I am reading a lot of books.

Healthy

I spent the entire weekend lounging around reading it. Could not put it down! It’s set in the future, and this billionaire who dies leaves his entire fortune to whoever can solve this gigantic mystery puzzle. If you solve it first, you win all of his money.

Mom's Zucchini Bread

I finished the book last night, but then I couldn’t go to bed because I started fantasizing about what I would do if I won a billion dollars. Can you even imagine? I’d be as rich as Oprah!

I decided the first thing I would do would be to buy a brand new Tesla. Because I must have a Tesla. Never having to buy gas again? Yes please. And I’m sure there’s a long wait to get one, so I should get that done first. And we’ll get a Shawn a new 4Runner, because his 1997 is getting…old. And that’s putting it nicely.

Then I would pay off our house, my parent’s house and sister’s house, and take us all to Hawaii on the best vacation ever.

Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe

After that, I got stumped. I wouldn’t really want to move, because I love our little ranch house so much. Maybe fix it up some. But I can’t imagine buying a huge mansion. I like living small.

And I’d still want to do our wedding videography business. Just about 10 weddings a year. I can’t imagine spending the rest of our lives just “hanging out”. We would need a little something to make us feel like we have a purpose. And of course I would want to keep sharing recipes here.

While I  don’t have a billion dollars, I do have a billion zucchini’s. We planted 3 zucchini plants and 2 yellow squash plants in our garden. And now I have more zucchini than I know what to do with. It’s the best problem ever!

Zucchini Bread, Vegan, Low Fat!

One of my favorite ways to make zucchini is to shred it and bake zucchini bread. My previous go to zucchini bread recipe was from America’s Test Kitchen. Their recipes always turn out perfect, every time. They also taught me the great tip of squeezing all the juice out of the shredded zucchini in a dish towel so the bread doesn’t get too dense and soggy.

But that recipe used 1-1/2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, and all white flour. I would feel guilty eating it, because it was essentially just cake with zucchini in it. And sadly, I knew all that zucchini didn’t cancel out all that sugar.

I started tweaking the recipe to make it even healthier. I cut down on the sugar a ton. Now, there is only 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/4 honey. Much better. And it still tastes sweet and delicious. Compared to 1-1/2 cups sugar, this was a much healthier amount.

The Best Healthy Zucchini Bread

When I tried using all whole wheat flour, it was too dense and thick and just didn’t taste right. Then, I experimented with half white flour, half whole wheat flour. I liked it even more than when it was made with all white flour. The whole wheat flour gives it a nuttier and fuller bodied flavor.

I’m making a loaf of this healthy zucchini bread once a week, and Shawn and have toast a slice of it for dessert. But now that I’ve made it so much healthier, I really shouldn’t even call it dessert. More like “healthy after dinner treat.”

This is a delicious, healthy zucchini bread recipe that is made with half the amount of sugar, half whole wheat flour, greek yogurt and coconut oil. It's a healthier zucchini bread you can enjoy without the guilt!This Healthy Zucchini Bread is moist, fluffy, and made healthier with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, shredded zucchini and zero butter or refined sugar.  Perfect for breakfast or an easy snack!

Healthy Almond Flour Zucchini Bread

Note: This post first appeared on March 17, 2016.  It has been updated with bright new photos, but it’s still the same delicious recipe you all love!

-

With summer coming to an end, baking bread or muffins are a great way to use up all that leftover zucchini from your garden!  You’ll love baking with zucchini because not only does is make this quick bread so moist and flavorful, but it’s a great way to sneak in veggies for those picky eaters because you can’t taste the zucchini at all.  You could also mix in other fun additions like chocolate chips, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts and fresh or dried berries.  This recipe also makes delicious muffins or even mini loaves to share with friends!

Enjoy this delicious healthy zucchini bread recipe for breakfast with your morning coffee or serve it to your kids as a great after-school snack!  You can also easily adjust this recipe and make zucchini banana bread by substituting the greek yogurt for mashed banana or even zucchini pumpkin bread by using pumpkin purée.  This recipe is easily customizable with so many variations, but I promise you’ll get moist, delicious bread every time!

The Best Keto Zucchini Bread

This particular recipe makes one standard loaf of bread, but you could also make 3 mini loaves (your neighbors will thank you!) or even muffins!  See below for the different baking times depending on how you choose to make this.

To Store: This zucchini bread can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic at room temp for up to 3 days, but make sure to refrigerate after that to keep this longer.  This bread will last up to a week in the fridge.

To Freeze: This bread freezes really well too!  You can either wrap the entire loaf in plastic wrap, aluminum foil or a freezer-safe bag or freeze individual slices.  When ready to serve, allow to thaw out overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before slicing.  This bread will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Healthy Zucchini Bread With Pineapple

* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.Healthy Zucchini Bread made with applesauce, whole wheat flour and no oil. Enjoy this super delicious, easy and moist recipe with your surplus garden zucchini or anytime of the year for breakfast or snacks.

This recipe is a result of my local farmer’s zucchini season in full swing. Yay! Therefore, super easy recipe and truly healthy zucchini bread.

-

This recipe has no white flour, no refined sugar and no oil without sacrificing the flavor or moistness. Freshly grated zucchini and applesauce make it moist and low fat. Honey (or maple syrup) and cinnamon add a really nice flavor and keep it low sugar at same time.

Best Ever Zucchini Bread (easy Recipe!)

If you can find locally sourced zucchini during the summer season, that is the best! Otherwise, look for organic zucchini since you do not peel the zucchini and will be eating the skin.

There is no need to eat dessert for breakfast. This healthy zucchini bread is delicious and perfect as a healthy breakfast idea or to fuel your afternoon.

Combine all ingredients, except zucchini and flour, and whisk well. Mixture will be foamy and bubbly because applesauce reacts with baking soda right away.

Easy, Healthy Zucchini Muffins

Grate zucchini on large holes or medium size holes of a box grater. The only difference is that coarsely grated zucchini will have more prominent flecks of zucchini in baked bread.

If you would rather “hide the veggies”, use medium holes. I have tried and loved both methods. Also, I do not recommend to grate or “zest” zucchini.

Do not squeeze and do not pat dry. Just pack tightly 2 cups. We want all the juices for moist and healthy whole wheat zucchini bread.

Best

Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe

Do not salt, squeeze or pat dry your zucchini! For this healthy quick bread with zucchini, the moisture plays a crucial role in the end result.

Add flour and stir until well mixed. I wouldn’t be too concerned with over mixing but folding ingredients into the batter gently is always a good baking practice.

Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 60 mins. Photo shows a longer and skinnier loaf pan because I like to experiment. However, regular sized 9 x 5 inches loaf pan is all you need.

Apple Carrot Zucchini Bread

Please follow the recipe: I can’t stress enough that baking is a science and 99% times deviations from original recipe result in baking fails.

All-purpose flour and gluten-free flour blend may make bread dry. I would reduce to 1 3/4 cups and possibly it will work but I haven’t tried. I think you can get away with half whole wheat and half white flour, for sure.

Oat flour will not work as it will make bread gummy. However, I believe one of the readers tried successfully 50% whole wheat flour and 50% oat flour.

Southern In Law: Recipe: The Best Paleo Zucchini Bread

While

Healthy