Banana Bread Recipes Using Yogurt

This healthier Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is made without butter or oil, but so soft and tender that you’d never be able to tell! Naturally sweetened and loaded with banana flavour, it makes a great healthier alternative to a traditional favourite!

The secondwas that, for how much I adore it, I don’t really have any banana bread recipes here on Spoons. I mean, I

-

, but I basicallyposted them as recipes in passingwithout really giving them the kind of attention they deserved. So it’s time to rectify that mistake…

Banana Yogurt Cake Recipe

Three sweet treats that hold a special place in my heart — the other two being chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and Black Forest cake. And if you’re wondering what those three things could possibly have in common, the answer is: almost nothing other than the fact that they’re delicious and basically epitomize my childhood. Well, the homemade baked goodie portion of my childhood, anyways.

I’ve been baking for pretty much as long as I can remember, and almost allof those early baking memories involve hanging out in the kitchen and “helping” Mom make one of the aforementioned treats, with cookies being the most common, Black Forest happening for every.single special occasion, and the elusive banana bread making an appearance on the off-chance that we had some ripe bananas lying around… which wasn’t really that often.

I actually remember not believing my mom when she said that we couldn’t make banana bread becausethe bananas weren’t ripe enough.My little 7 year-old self saw yellow bananas on the counter and couldn’t understand what more my mom wanted from them. Bananas were bananas…

Best Greek Yogurt Banana Bread Recipe

A huge difference in not only the sweetness, but the texture that properly ripe bananas add to whatever you throw them in. Not to mention the increased health benefits.

Anywho, maybe it’s because it was such a rare occurrence, or maybe it’s because it’s just plain delicious, but banana bread securedone of the coveted top 3 spots in my heart, and it continues to hold that spotto this day. Which makes the fact that I couldn’teven remember the last time I had a slice of it

I originally posted a slightly modified version ofthisrecipe a couple yearsago, butit pretty muchgot lost in the archives since I wasn’tserious about food blogging at that point, and had no idea about photography, SEO, social media promotion, etc… which is a shame because it’s really kind of amazing. And by “really kind of amazing” I mean it’s easily my favourite recipe for healthy banana bread.

Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt Frosting

Soft, tender, subtly sweet, and loaded with banana flavour, you’d never be able to tell that this banana bread is made without butter or oil. Instead, it’s got Greek yogurt to keep it moist, with an extra egg and some coconut sugar to help out.

Best

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup, but you’d be fine cutting that down to 1/3 cup if you like your breads a little less sweet. And this is especially true if you were planning on tossingin some chocolate chips. I like my banana bread without any add-ins, so I passed on the chocolate (

I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, andsubscribetoour mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox!Super moist and perfectly sweet and savory Best Easy Moist Banana Bread made with Greek yogurt, ripened bananas, and just the right amount of sweetness for perfect flavor!

Dee Licious Greek Yogurt Banana Bread Recipe

For more delicious banana recipes, look no further than my popular posts for Banana Bread Pancakes, Banana Nut Smoothie Bowl, and my Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins.

This is it people. This is my absolute favorite, perfect banana bread recipe. The perfect sweetness. The perfect moistness, the perfect texture. I’ve tried other recipes and none of them come close to this beauty. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks perfecting it, making it again and again and

-

Until I reached this perfection. Go ahead and double this recipe because the first loaf will be gone before you know it.

The Best Easy Cream Cheese Filled Banana Dessert Bread Recipe

Using up those leftover bananas –We all have those bananas we swore we’d eat by week’s end but never do. Don’t throw them out! Make this moist banana bread recipe instead! Just think, you could have your own delicious, simple banana bread recipe waiting for you to make every weekend!

Easy – You don’t even have to mix this easy banana bread much at all. Just toss everything together, give it a few stirs, and bake. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!

Travels well – Need a hostess gift or have a friend that’s under the weather? I’m always baking up this best banana bread to gift to others. Everyone loves the gift of food. Healthy – Made with fruit, applesauce, and Greek yogurt, this banana bread skips the extra oils and fats you’ll see in most recipes. You can skip the chocolate chips too for even more healthy nutrition.

YOGURT

Best Easy Moist Banana Bread

The BEST, super easy banana bread, with just the right amount of sweetness, banana flavor, and of course that super-moist texture! Add a cinnamon swirl or chocolate chips to take it to the next level.

In place of the applesauce you can sub an equal amount of oil (vegetable or canola) oil. The result will be equally moist, and a little more flavorful but also higher in calories – up to you!

You can use less sugar if you want for a healthier version of this bread. I you want to use less sugar I recommend making sure to use VERY ripe bananas – the riper the bananas, the sweeter the bread will be.

Yogurt Banana Bread With Chocolate And Walnuts

Calories: 397 kcal , Carbohydrates: 70 g , Protein: 7 g , Fat: 10 g , Saturated Fat: 5 g , Trans Fat: 1 g , Cholesterol: 43 mg , Sodium: 306 mg , Potassium: 361 mg , Fiber: 4 g , Sugar: 41 g , Vitamin A: 104 IU , Vitamin C: 4 mg , Calcium: 41 mg , Iron: 3 mg

-