Grain Free Paleo Bread Recipe

Ahhhh Bread! My favourite food in the world and the thing I miss most of all.  There is nothing better than a big slab of granary toast with butter, or a crusty baguette dipped in olive oil, or a gooey Focaccia or toasted bagels in the morning..

Unfortunately, none of that is available to me (or at least if I ate it I’d feel awful for the next couple of days and it may even result in a flare of my Lupus).  I had to come up with an alternative.  It’s definitely not an option to forgo bread completely.  I love my smashed avocado on toast too much and you can’t have boiled eggs without soldiers! So, I have created a pretty good, (actually fairly fantastic), Grain Free Sandwich Bread recipe!  It’s made using mainly Almond Butter

Easy

This results in a pretty dense loaf, but sliced very thinly it’s really satisfying.  It doesn’t fall apart or go crumbly (like most Grain Free Bread).  It holds together well for a sandwich, and is even better toasted.  I’ve yet to find something it can’t be a bread-type replacement for.  I use it toasted alongside my Spicy Butternut Squash Soup, as a base for my Eggs Benedict and plenty of other recipes.

Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread (my Favorite)

So here’s the recipe that I use.  I tinkered with and adapted it from many that I’ve seen in books and online.  I think I’ve got it down to a fine art now.

Preheat your fan oven to 180C (350F) and line a loaf tin with a parchment loaf tin liner.  I like to use these Loaf Tin Liners

Just because I find them so easy.  If not, you could always just cut some greaseproof paper to size and use that.  Or possibly grease the tin instead (although I can’t vouch for that method).   For the base I use Crunchy Almond Butter

Paleo Morning Glory Quick Bread

As I like the roasted nutty taste and the small pieces of nuts in it.  If you wanted a less powerful tasting nut butter you could use Cashew Butter

Spooning the almond butter into a mixing bowl, you then add the almond flour, eggs, all the different seeds and the teaspoons of salt & pepper.  I choose to use a mix of sunflower, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts in my loaf.  I like the mix of flavours and always have them in the kitchen.  You could use sesame seeds or any nuts you have to hand.  Alternatively, leave them out altogether if you prefer.  Then add the bicarbonate of soda and mix everything together.  It takes a bit of time and elbow grease to get everything incorporated.  The mixture will be really sloppy.  It’s more like a cake batter and not like a dough at all.  And that’s it, it’s pretty much a one bowl recipe.

(which is 9×5 inches).  In a tin that size it should come fairly near the top.  This Grain Free Sandwich Bread doesn’t rise all that much, maybe just a centimetre or so above the top of the tin.  At this point you can top the loaf with anything you want.  I like to add some coarse sea salt, ground black pepper and poppy seeds but it’s down to personal preference here.

Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread (paleo)

Then the tin goes into the oven for 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.  Once baked, turn it out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool down completely.

I’m always desperate to try it straight out of the oven, but it really doesn’t cut very well when it’s warm.  It’s best to leave it to cool down and then you can get decent slices from it.

This is the only version of Grain Free Sandwich Bread that I’ve ever tried but there are a few ideas I have in my head to change things up a bit.  I’m going to try some alternatives in the near future.  For other savoury loaves I want to try olive or sundried tomato loaves.  I have to check how it works with the moist ingredients. 

Josey Baker's Adventure Bread (vegan, Gluten Free)

I have also thought of a sweeter loaf, taking out the salt and pepper and adding in honey, raisins and cinnamon.  It would make a kind of breakfast bread but again I need to see how the honey affects the mixture and the baking.  

There are plenty of different combinations of the dry ingredients that you can use though and these shouldn’t affect the bake at all.

This bread toasts amazingly well.  I prefer it toasted actually – it holds together very well.  You just have to turn the toaster down lower than you would for standard bread.  The high fat content from the nut oils means that it burns quite quickly!!

Almond Flour Bread (low Carb, Paleo, Gluten Free)

Is expensive.   I think it works out at about £12 a loaf, but it lasts for ages.  It’s so dense and rich that I get more than 20 slices out of it if I slice it very thinly.  It freezes very well so I tend to cut it into thirds.  I freeze two of them and keep one in the fridge.  Wrapped in foil or in tupperware in the fridge, it keeps for about 10 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Grain

This recipe for Grain Free Sandwich Bread is  Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free & Refined-Sugar Free.  It’s also suitable for Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), Whole30, Low Carb and Vegetarian Diets.This easy Paleo bread is easy to make, versatile, and soft and fluffy! It has the perfect texture for toast, sandwiches, and more. This grain free bread is made completely in a blender and baked to golden perfection!

Almond flour is a common Paleo baking flour. It is slightly nutty, hearty and delicious. There is no perfect substitute for almond flour. Almond flour is great for this Gluten Free Bread too.

Easy Grain Free Bread (dairy Free, Sugar Free Recipe)

Tapioca flour adds a chewy texture to this grain free bread. Cornstarch (not Paleo) and arrowroot powder are direct substitutes if needed.

Ground flaxseed also adds a great texture. Flaxseeds are hailed as a superfood. They are loaded with nutrients, fiber, and omega 3 fatty acids.

Six eggs go into this quick bread. The eggs are vital in creating a soft fluffy texture. Do not replace eggs with flax eggs, chia eggs, or any other Vegan egg replacement.

Healthy Recipe: Paleo Bread

Olive oil adds a great flavor and helps sightly thin out the batter. Avocado oil can replace olive oil if needed. I used Bona Furtuna olive oil which is the highest quality!

Room temperature coconut oil is a delicious baking fat. Use coconut oil that is solid, but not cold or melted. Refined coconut oil has a neutral flavor, while unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor. Use whichever you prefer.

Grain

Honey adds a hint of natural sweetness. If desired, maple syrup or date syrup can be used in its place. I wouldn’t suggest leaving it out entirely. Otherwise, this bread would be very savory!

Paleo Zucchini Bread (gluten Free, Dairy Free)

Apple cider vinegar reacts with the baking soda to really help this bread rise. Unlike most of my baking recipes, the goal with this bread was to have it rise considerably.

In this grain free bread recipe, both almond flour and tapioca flour contribute to the dough. Almond flour adds a great flavor while the tapioca flour adds chewiness.

The flaxseeds gives this bread some substance. Unlike other Paleo baked goods, this bread needs to be strong enough to withstand the toaster, toppings and sandwich fillings.

Paleo Bread Recipe (low Carb, Grain Free, Gluten Free)

Since Paleo baking can sometimes yield dry and bland baked goods, the eggs are super important. The six eggs yield a soft and fluffy final result.

First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray inside with nonstick spray.

Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely mixed. Batter will be thick. If needed, stop and scrape down sides of blender occasionally and then continue blending.

Grain

Easy Paleo Bread Recipe

Bake uncovered for 38 to 40 minutes or until top of bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Remove bread from oven. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes in pan. Then carefully remove bread from pan and allow it to cool another 30 minutes.

While blending, stop and scrape down sides of blender if needed. This is a lot of ingredients for one blender and it can be tough to get the batter fully blended. I used my Vitamix and had to stop it twice to scrape down the sides to get it fully mixed.

Paleo Bread (grain Free, Gaps)

Allow the bread to cool before slicing and serving. It is tempting to dig in immediately, but the bread needs to cool down first.

Serve grain free bread once it has cooled. Make almond butter and jelly sandwiches, make it into toast, or use it as the base of French toast. It is also great with Whole30 Egg Salad and Whole30 Chicken Salad!

Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.

Gluten Free Paleo Bread Recipe

If you make this Paleo bread recipe, I would really appreciate a review! You can find me onInstagram, Facebook, andPinterest. I would love for you to

Easy