Paleo Flax Seed Bread Recipe

Love eating paleo, but miss eating bread? No problem, I’ve got you! This Paleo Nut and Seed Bread is truly the *best*, and I stand behind it so strongly that I put it in the name! It’s nutty, it’s seedy, and it’s perfect for achieving all of your toasty paleo dreams!

I love bread, but let’s be honest, sometimes bread doesn’t love me back. Gluten can be harsh on my digestive system, and I know I’m not alone in that. According to Cleveland Clinic, approximately 6-7% of Americans are diagnosed as gluten-intolerant, and the numbers are steadily rising.

Keto

Now, I could get into why that is (the rise of GMOs, etc.) but that’s beyond the point of this post. Instead, I want to focus on the fact that this delicious bread is not only tasty, but gluten-free and paleo friendly. Plus, it’s full of fiber, and protein from the nuts, so you can feel good while eating it, too. It’s the complete package!

Grain Free Flax Bread

Before we jump into the recipe, let’s chat about paleo. Now, if you’ve followed me for a while, then you probably know that I don’t personally ascribe to any one diet. I am a firm believer in eating intuitively, which means eating without restrictions (aside from allergies, of course). For me, that means eating a whole-foods, plant-rich diet, with organic meats, grass-fed butter, and minimal gluten and dairy (for the sake of my digestion).

Because of this, I love creating recipes that align with the Paleo lifestyle, because they’re naturally gluten and dairy free! The paleo lifestyle focuses on a rich diet of “real” foods, and focuses on eliminating grains, legumes, dairy, processed foods, seed oils, and sugar! Basically, all of the foods that, in excess, can do more harm than good.

A big thing for me is not demonizing any food, so while paleo may seem restrictive, keep in mind that we aren’t saying these foods are awful and should never be consumed. Rather, it’s more of a guideline of what should be and shouldn’t be eaten – **MOST** of the time!

Amazon.com: Yez! Artisan Golden Flax Keto Bread

I recommend pre-slicing your bread ahead of time, so you always have sliced bread ready for your toaster! If storing in a ziplock bag or airtight container on the counter, this bread will stay good for about 3-5 days.

Finally, the storage method that I personally recommend is freezing it. When frozen, bread retains its moisture and keeps fresh for way longer! This bread stays good in the freezer for several months, so if you’re looking to stock your freezer and prep, this is a great recipe to make!

If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and rating below! And since I practically live on Instagram, be sure to tag me in your creations so I can see them and repost on my IG stories! Enjoy! xx

Paleo Vegan Banana Nut And Seed Bread

Love eating paleo, but miss eating bread? No problem, I've got you! ThisPaleo Nut and Seed Bread is truly the *best*, and I stand behind it so strongly that I put it in the name! It's nutty, it's seedy, and it's perfect for achieving all of your toasty paleo dreams!

*I recommend using UNBLANCHED almond flour. Unblanched almond flour has the skin of the almonds still intact, and is more nutritious. That’s what gives this bread the dark color! That said, you absolutely can use blanched almond flour. Just note that your bread will be lighter in color.

By subscribing now, you’ll receive exclusive recipes, deals and all kinds of wellness tips to keep you living your best life!This easy flaxseed bread is soft and tender with a deliciously moist crumb. Just slightly sweet with the perfect hint of cinnamon, this quick bread is perfect for an easy breakfast or snack whenever you’re hungry. Totally gluten-free, dairy-free and yeast-free too, but no one would care! Bake a loaf or two and enjoy homemade bread anytime!

Flax Bread Keto, Paleo And Low Carb

There’s something amazing about watching bread dough rise and double in size before your eyes, and it’s even more magical to pull a fresh loaf from the oven.

But I also love baking quick breads, especially when I don’t have time to wait for bread dough to rise, and just want to throw something quick in the oven for breakfast or tea time.

Some of my favorite quick breads include this easy honey oat bread, this fluffy corn flour bread, and this lemon poppy seed bread.

The Best Paleo Nut And Seed Bread

I’ve been trying to add more flax seeds to my diet, and a great way is to incorporate ground flaxseed meal in my baking.

The

While you can easily buy pre-ground flaxseed meal at the supermarket, I highly recommend that you grind your own flaxseed meal at home, since freshly ground flaxseed meal has a short shelf life of just one week.

For optimal freshness and to ensure that your flaxmeal doesn’t turn rancid before you use it all up, it’s best to use whole flax seeds and grind them into a fine powder.

Vegan Seed Bread Recipe

Here’s how to grind flaxseed meal in just 5 minutes! All you need is whole flax seeds, a high-speed blender (or a coffee grinder), and a fine-mesh sieve to do it.

Since the flaxseed muffins I’d made were such a hit, I figured why not make a loaf version with the batter – and this flaxseed bread recipe was born!

(For exact quantities and measurements, please scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post to get the full recipe.)

Rustic Paleo Bread With Seeds (low Carb)

Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well to get a homogeneous batter (the batter will be rather liquid).

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the flaxseed bread is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Gluten

Allow the flaxseed loaf to cool for at least 5 minutes in the pan before removing it, and then cooling it completely at room temperature on a wire rack before slicing.

Savoury Paleo Bread Recipe (no Baking Tin Required)

Yes, you can freeze this flax bread. To freeze, place the cooled flaxseed bread in a freezer-safe container or wrap with several layers of plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the loaf to thaw completely overnight in the refrigerator before slicing.

P.S. If you try this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a star rating below, and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. I always appreciate your feedback. Be sure to check out my entire Recipe Index for all the recipes on the blog. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram! Sign up for my Email List to get fresh recipes in your inbox each week!

Sunflower Oil: I like to use sunflower oil because I always have a bottle of sunflower oil on hand. You can also substitute it with any neutral-flavored oil in equal quantities. Alternatively, if you are not lactose-intolerant, you may also use melted butter or ghee in equal quantities.

Low Carb Paleo Bread With Hemp Flour

Sugar: I used white granulated sugar, but you may use brown sugar or coconut sugar instead. If you are diabetic or insulin-resistant, I highly recommend using Lakanto monkfruit sweetener (a 1:1 substitute for white sugar that has zero glycemic-index).

Eggs: In this recipe, eggs provide structure and binds the ingredients together, as well as helps the loaf to rise better. If you rather not use egg yolks, you may replace the 4 whole eggs with 8 egg whites instead. I have not tried out this recipe without eggs, but if you do use aquafaba or an egg-replacer, I would love to hear how it goes in the comments!

Almond Milk: I used my 5-minute homemade almond milk, but you may also use other non-dairy milks such as cashew milk, rice milk, soy milk, sunflower seed milk, or coconut milk. Alternatively, if you are not lactose-intolerant, feel free to use normal dairy milk instead.

Easy

Grain Free Paleo Bread Recipe

Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour: I recommend using a good-quality gluten-free all-purpose flour blend that is made up of lighter flours/starches (such as rice flour, corn starch, tapioca starch, potato starch) to get a light and fluffy texture. I do NOT recommend using flour blends with heavier flours (such as garbanzo bean flour) as that will result in a denser texture.

Flaxseed Meal: I recommend grinding your own flaxseed meal from whole flax seeds for optimal freshness. You can use either golden or brown flaxseed meal (golden flaxseed meal is lighter in color and has a more neutral taste, while brown flaxseed meal is darker in color and has a nuttier flavor).

Baking Powder: Since this recipe doesn’t use yeast, baking powder is required for rising. If you are Celiac or gluten intolerant, make sure to use certified gluten-free baking powder.

Paleo Bread ⋆ 100 Days Of Real Food

Cinnamon: I like adding ground cinnamon for extra flavor and taste, but if you prefer not to add it, you can leave it out.

Metal Loaf Pan: I highly recommend using a metal loaf pan for even browning on all sides. I do NOT recommend using a glass pan as the bottom and sides will not brown well.

Storing/Freezing: To store, place the cooled loaf in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To

Paleo Nut & Seed Bread With Rosemary & Olives