Potato Bread Recipe Without Yeast

I’m not a huge bread baker. I don’t have time for several rises, kneading for days and patience. I don’t have the patience, gosh darn it.

But I do like bread. Total lovers of carbs. And is seems I am not alone. I would also venture to say that many of my carb lovers generally purchase their bread instead of bake it themselves.

-

I am usually in that boat, but like the rest of the country (world, really) I am now stuck at home to flatten the curve and I find myself with A. Time B. No Yeast C. No Bread at the store.

Potato Bread {fluffy White Bread Recipe}

Seems I am not alone because since I published my famous 2-ingredient bread after making it on Facebook LIVE with my daughter, it has gone bonkers and people are requesting more no yeast bread recipes.

Now I’ve been up since 4am baking bread and will soon run out of flour so it is a good thing that I managed to develop several solid recipes in that time. And was able to freeze all this bread!

One that I wanted to play with, and have before with yeast, is potato bread. I love potato bread for hamburgers buns and even dinner rolls, but both of those get their light and airy texture from yeast.

Potato Bread (yeast Free) Recipe

No yeast bread will be moist, but heartier and dense. A rustic loaf is what I call it. Perfect for sandwiches, bread dipping oil, paninis and just for a snack. But it is a thick and chewy crumb.

This potato bread uses mashed potatoes. Now I made mashed potatoes specifically to use in the bread, but generally speaking it is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.

I would suggest using smooth mashed potatoes instead of chunky (otherwise you’ll have chunks in your bread). In fact, instant mashed potatoes are great for this type of recipe. They are also awesome for crusting baked chicken wings and mashed potato cups.

Easy Homemade Bread (no Yeast)

If you just want plain, a blank slate, if you will, then opt for the basic recipe on the back of an instant mashed potato box.

While many breads don’t use eggs, some, like brioche, do to help the bread rise. This particular recipe also uses quite a bit of baking powder, so I don’t recommend subbing self-rising flour for this one.

I do suggest whole milk to have some fat in the mix. If you use skim or lowfat milk, add 1 tablespoons of melted butter or a splash of heavy cream or buttermilk.

No Yeast Potato Bread

Simply mix the bread by hand in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the bread hook.

Knead for an additional minute after dough has come together and turn into a round baking dish. You can use cast iron or glass, but this dough has the tendency to spread out and having it in a baking dish helps it go up. The dough will be fairly sticky.

-

Next, you’ll score it deeply. Forgetting to score the bread is the best to ensure it won’t back all the way through. Use a sharp knife, razor or serrated knife to do this.

Irish Potato Bread

Bake it until the top is lightly browned. I do recommend waiting for it to cool before slicing. Hot bread has the tendency to fall apart easily.

After it is cooled, store it at room temperature wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It is best within the first 3 days of baking.

These copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are so easy to make you will make them for dinner every night! And they only take 20 minutes!

Sandwich Bread Without Yeast

Calories: 279 kcal , Carbohydrates: 46 g , Protein: 7 g , Fat: 7 g , Saturated Fat: 5 g , Cholesterol: 35 mg , Sodium: 268 mg , Potassium: 397 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 3 g , Vitamin A: 77 IU , Vitamin C: 10 mg , Calcium: 113 mg , Iron: 2 mg

Jessica the mom, wife and food lover behind Savory Experiments. She is obsessed with butter, salt and bacon and spends all her time in the kitchen and behind a camera. Jessica is a contributor toThis sweet potato bread is so easy to make. It doesn’t require any yeast, kneading or proofing. It also doesn’t need eggs, butter or oil. The bread is just 3 ingredients and takes about five minutes to prepare before it’s ready to be baked.

-

I’ve made a lot of easy breads lately but this one is one of my favorites. The sweet potato gives the bread a hint of sweetness and keeps the bread very moist. The bread is very soft and tender.

Cheesy Loaded Potato Bread

, which is sold at most supermarkets near me. Sweet potato puree can be substituted with pumpkin puree but the bread won’t be sweet.

Self-Rising Flour: I use self-rising flour because it already has baking powder and salt added to it. My favorite brand is Lily’s. If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can easily make your own by mixing together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. I share the exact measurements in the notes section of the recipe card at the end of the post.

Milk: I used low fat milk, but you can also use fat free or whole milk. Dairy milk alternatives like soy milk or almond milk should also work.

Braided Sweet Potato Bread

Even though this bread does not contain yeast, it has a similar consistency to bread made with yeast. It’s not like other quick breads that usually have a cake-like texture. However, the bread is very soft and tender and crumbles a little more than most yeast breads. I actually prefer the easy soft texture. I was able to eat this when going through some dental problems and my toddler is able to easily chew on this as well.

This bread uses pure sweet potato puree (nothing else added to the puree). You can use canned sweet potato puree or make your own. To make your own sweet potato puree, you just need to cook the sweet potatoes until soft, remove the skins, and puree them in a food processor or blender.

Potato

You can cook the sweet potatoes by boiling them or roasting them in the oven. If you are boiling them, I recommend peeling them before boiling them. If you are roasting them, you can remove the skin after the potatoes are done roasting because once they are roasted, it is easy to pull the skin off of the sweet potatoes.

Super Soft Gluten Free Potato Bread Recipe

Once the potatoes are cooked until soft (and skins are removed), put the sweet potatoes in the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

This easy bread takes about 5 minutes to prepare. It doesn't require any yeast, eggs, butter or oil. It comes out soft and tender.

Serving: 1 slice , Calories: 87 kcal , Carbohydrates: 19 g , Protein: 2 g , Fat: 1 g , Saturated Fat: 1 g , Sodium: 244 mg , Fiber: 1 g , Sugar: 2 g , NET CARBS: 18

Loaded Baked Potato Bread (no Yeast!)

The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.