The Best Vegan Banana Bread Recipe

Did I tell you guys I started my Fall garden? Sometimes I completely forget what I’ve already shared. If I have, just act like you’re reading it for the time okay. Hey, guess what, I started a Fall garden!! Yep, my non-green thumb self, and I’m pumped because my collard’s greens have started to grow so big! I started them from seeds (something I usually don’t do) and placed them in empty eggshells halves. When it was time to plant them I just gently broke the shells, placed the seedling into the plant bed, and sprinkled the crushed shells around them. I wonder if this is what’s making them grow so quickly? I’ve never had this type of quick success with plants!

Either way, I’m so excited because this will be the start of my Grandma Barb Memorial Garden. I showed you guys her amazing garden in my collard green video and I think she has left me with her love of gardening because I’ve been so intrigued by it lately. This Fall I’m only planting collards, cabbage, and potatoes but it’s on and popping once Spring gets here. I can’t wait to show you guys! I’ve been working like crazy building raised plant beds, plotting out my garden, and preparing the space.

Easy

I took a much-needed break from the dirt and headed into the kitchen to make some banana bread! Now, I hadn’t planned on making this vegan but I realized at the last minute that I was out of eggs (my chicken is on strike for some reason) and I only had 3 tablespoons of butter! Huh??? That NEVER happens around here! Ha! That goes to show you just how consumed I’ve been with this memorial garden project!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Vegan Banana Bread

Anyway, after making this vegan banana bread I knew I had to share it with you guys! I’ve already made it twice since. It’s so doggone easy, delicious, and gorgeous!! It can be added to the list of vegan desserts on this site that “don’t taste vegan!” Like these vegan chewy chocolate chip cookies.

This vegan banana bread seriously tastes like regular banana bread. It’s so moist and fluffy! Full of fresh banana flavor with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. Not to mention it has such beautiful moist cracks and crevices which I love. It’s the perfect gift-giving or shipping bread because, like all banana bread, the flavor is even better the next day!

For testing purposing, after I made the first batch of bread (which is perfect and the one I’m sharing today) I decided to try another batch. This time I decreased this almond milk and added flax eggs (ground flaxseed + water). While the texture of the finished bread was fine, the taste was lil to “nutty and bran tasting”. There is no need to add any egg replacements. Since bananas and oil are good egg substitutes, banana bread is the perfect recipe to “Veganize” IMO.

Vegan Banana Bread Recipe: Easy & Delicious!

I love that this vegan banana bread has such simple ingredients. If you don’t normally keep vegan ingredients in your home you’ll only need to purchase some vegan butter and almond milk. Both can be found in most grocery stores.

Great question! I get this question often when I post vegan recipes that use sugar. Some vegans are not opposed to white sugar as long as the brand uses vegan-friendly practices like Imperial Sugar. White sugar is avoided by some vegans because the process of lightening it often uses bone char.

There isn’t any bone char in the sugar, but since it’s a part of the process, it makes it non-vegan. Cane sugar is the BEST replacement (as far as taste) if you prefer not to use regular white sugar. However, surprisingly many cane sugar brands are NOT certified vegan so be sure to check if that’s super important to you.

Vegan Banana Bread The Best Moist, Fluffy Recipe! 1 Bowl Recipe

All of the vegans in my family are ok with regular sugar, so that is what I often use. If I’m making vegan recipes for other people I always check to see how strict they are when it comes to sugar and follow their guidelines. I’m always learning something new in the vegan world!

Just today I was told that some vegans don’t get tattoos because black tattoo ink is made with charred animal bones. Whodathunkit! Whatever way you lean when it comes to regular or cane sugar, this banana bread recipe will taste the same with whichever one you choose! Now I can’t promise that if you go replacing the sugar with monk fruit and thing like that.

This banana bread is so incredible as is but if you want to kick it up a notch with some add-ins, try these!

The

Vegan Banana Bread (easy + Gluten Free)

The BEST Vegan banana bread that bakes up so fluffy & golden with moist cracks and crevices! Full of extra banana flavor with hints of cinnamon and vanilla.This easy vegan banana bread is the best ever! It’s moist, packed with flavor and comes out perfectly every time. Made with simple, easy to find ingredients, this is truly the only banana bread recipe you’ll ever need.

Something that I truly love about baking banana bread is how good the house smells! Cinnamon and banana and caramelized sugar all mixed in with the smell of baking bread. Mmmmm!

Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is just a summary of the process.

Vegan Banana Bread (award Winning!)

Mash or blend. We love blending up the banana, coconut oil and non-dairy milk in this recipe as it results in a very smooth batter and even distribution of that banana flavor. However, if you prefer not to get your blender involved, you can simply melt the coconut oil, mash it in with your banana and add to the mixing bowl along with the non-dairy milk.

Measure the banana correctly. If you have a food scale, then you can just weigh the peeled banana to get the correct amount. If you don’t have a scale then the best way to measure would be to mash the banana and measure it out in cups. This recipe uses 1 and ½ cups mashed banana or 337g.

The

Spoon and level the flour. The correct way to measure flour is to use the spoon and level method, which is to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife. Don’t scoop it and don’t pack it into the cup. Alternatively, weigh it on a food scale.

The Perfect {vegan} Banana Bread

Don’t overmix the batter. Once you add the wet ingredients in with the dry you just want to mix it until just mixed. Don’t over-mix the batter or the texture and/or rise of your loaf may be impacted.

Store it covered at room temperature where it will stay good for a few (3-4) days. If you want it to last longer, then keep it covered in the fridge where it will last for up to a week. 

Yes you can. It’s freezer friendly for up to 2 months. When you’re ready for it, let it thaw overnight in the fridge.

Healthy Vegan Banana Bread With Cornmeal

Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 320 kcal | Carbohydrates: 48 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 195 mg | Potassium: 191 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 24 g | Vitamin A: 64 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 115 mg | Iron: 2 mg

Seriously

DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Rate it & leave your feedback in the comments section below, or tag @ on Instagram and hashtag #

Hi I'm Alison Andrews, I'm the voice and cook behind Loving It Vegan. I love making delicious vegan food and creating vegan versions of all your old favorites, so that you’ll never feel like you’re missing out. Find out more about me here.

Moist & Fluffy Vegan Banana Bread Recipe (gluten Free!)

Loving It Vegan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This site may contain some of these links to Amazon.com. If you make a purchase through one of those links, Loving It Vegan will receive a small commission from the purchase at no additional cost to you.

Comment Policy: Your feedback is really appreciated! Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us! The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted.This ‘tried and true’, classic vegan banana bread recipe is moist, healthy, and so easy to make. It’s egg & dairy free, has an oil-free option, and is the best banana bread ever!

I love my vegan banana breads, and have quite a few variations in the recipe collection, like this Blueberry Banana Oat Bread, Buckwheat Banana Bread, and Carrot Banana Bread.

The

The Best Vegan Banana Bread With No Sugar

All have been adapted from this very recipe which is