Coconut Flour Naan Bread Recipe

Paleo Naan is a gluten-free and paleo-friendly flatbread recipe that calls for just three ingredients! It is the perfect way to scoop up curry and it’s so easy to make! This is a great multi-purpose recipe; use it as a tortilla, wrap, crepe, etc.

Yes, you read that right. I think I have invented Paleo Naan and it only requires THREE ingredients. Truthfully, it was my mom who came up with this recipe but since I’m her kid, she has given me full permission to claim this genius recipe as my own. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make this into a savory tortilla type of bread OR you can use it to make a dessert crepe! The secret is in the amount of batter you use. It’s the most versatile batter EVER!

Ingredient

For those of you who have never eaten naan – it’s an oven-baked flat bread that you find in Indian restaurants. It’s made from white flour and baked in a tandoor oven; it comes out fluffy and soft and incredible. This batter can help you achieve that – minus the gluten. Just pour the batter onto a greased or (eco-friendly) non-stick frying panor this steel crepe pan (it’s the best!) and cook until the batter is nice and fluffy. If you want to make a dessert crepe, use less batter to make a thinner crepe.

Grain Free Naan {cassava Flour Recipe} I Cotter Crunch

Oh, how I have missed using naan to scoop up my stew and Indian curry dishes. A lot of Indian people eat with their hands. The naan is almost like a spoon in a way – it scoops up the meat and veggies and sops up the savory sauce. I grew up eating Indian bread (roti, naan, stuffed paratha, puri, bhatura) and so being able to recreate this has been an important part of my paleo journey. I miss eating food that I grew up with – and now I can eat these dishes guilt-free – with a Paleo twist.

Now keep in mind this is a Paleo recipe. If you’re used to eating naan every day, you’re obviously going to notice a huge difference. Just remember that this naan is good for you. And, it’s delicious.

The three ingredients that make up this magical batter are: almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can and it must be full fat). If I’m making naan (or Pizza Crust or a tortilla), then I add a bit of salt. If I want this to be a dessert crepe, then I leave it as is. This batter is great because you can add whatever you want to it. Want some garlic naan? Add minced garlic. Want to throw some spices in the mix? Do it. Want to slather the naan with some incredible grass-fed ghee? Why wouldn’t you?!

Gluten Free Naan (vegan Flatbread)

In addition to making Paleo Naan, you can also make Paleo Crepes. Cook them on slightly lower heat and don’t use as much batter. Fill the crepe with something sweet (apple butter, lemon curd, chocolate chips) and take a bite of awesomeness.

Once youstart making this paleo-friendly and gluten-free flatbread, you’ll find that you can use it for so many things! I use this flatbread to make all of these recipes:

And if you’re okay with rice flour, I have a 2-ingredient rice flour roti that’s made with just rice flour and water and so it is pretty allergy-friendly.

Gluten Free Naan Vegan Grainfree

If you’re looking for some Indian curries, I have A LOT on my blog. Check out all of my Indian recipes here! Just to highlight a few of my most popular recipes:

Hi, I’m Ashley. Thanks for being here! I truly believe that food brings us closer together. Gather around a table with good food and good people, and you’ll have the ingredients you need to create some happy memories. My hope is that you find recipes here that you can’t wait to share with family and friends.This coconut flour naan is so easy to make and calls for just three ingredients! It’s a multi-purpose flatbread that you can use as a tortilla, wrap, crepe, sandwich bread – you name it. My recipe is paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, AND nut-free. This tastes just as good as my famous paleo naan.

I’m sure you’ve all heard or hopefully tried my 3 ingredient naan recipeby now. It went viral years ago and is still one of my most popular recipes. Well, ladies and gents, there is a new naan in town, and this naan is made with coconut flour!

Keto

Keto Naan Bread (no Yeast!)

Believe it or not, but I actually like this coconut flour naan even more than my popular almond flour naan – it surprisingly tastes the same and is super easy to make. It’s also really affordable since it calls for coconut flour rather than almond flour.

Coconut flour is great because it’s high in fiber, protein, and healthy fat. I know coconut flour has a reputation for being “dry” in bread or baked goods, but that’s not the case at all in this naan recipe. If you’ve ever tried my paleo naan before then, you can expect very similar results when using this recipe. Trust me – it tastes good.

Those of you with my paleo Indian ebook are likely already familiar with this recipe. Tomorrow (June 9, 2018) marks the 3rd anniversary of my ebook,

Gluten Free Flatbread (1 Bowl, 20 Minutes!)

And this recipe is in my “basics” chapter. I wanted to share it on the blog with you as a thank you.

It’s hard for me to believe I wrote my SAP ebook three years ago. Many have asked why I wrote this as an ebook and not as a paperback. The truth is that publishers initially rejected my concept – no one thought a paleo Indian book would “sell well” (in fact, they told me Indian food books, in general, did not sell well, which is untrue). I knew they were wrong because so many of you asked for this type of book, so I decided to self-publish. I spent countless hours working away to create the perfect paleo Indian ebook with recipes for things I wasn’t even initially sure I could paleoify: naan, roti, gulab jamun, jalebi, ras malai, pakoras, chaat, samosas, etc. Name a popular Indian recipe, and chances are, it’s in my ebook. You helped make my eBook a success and made my time worth it. I really can’t thank you enough.

Keto

I hope you love this new “paleo naan” 😉 I think you’ll like it even better than my old paleo naan. If you’ve tried both, I’d love for you to leave a comment letting us know which naan you prefer! I really want to know, and I’m sure others do too!

Coconut Oil And Garlic Naan Bread Recipe Recipe

I came up with this recipe after getting many requests from blog readers asking me to make my paleo naan with coconut flour instead of almond flour. This nut free recipe is very similar to my paleo naan – in fact, I think I like this one better!

Serving: 1 naan Calories: 146 kcal Carbohydrates: 14 g Protein: 2 g Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Sodium: 404 mg Potassium: 105 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 2 g Vitamin C: 1 mg Calcium: 6 mg Iron: 1 mg

Hi, I’m Ashley. Thanks for being here! I truly believe that food brings us closer together. Gather around a table with good food and good people, and you’ll have the ingredients you need to create some happy memories. My hope is that you find recipes here that you can’t wait to share with family and friends.This easy keto naan bread recipe makes pillowy-soft, fluffy flatbreads that taste just as good as the real thing! My coconut flour naan is perfect for mopping up your favorite Indian curry. The recipe is gluten-free and egg-free.

Homemade Vegan Naan Recipe

This naan bread recipe is a bit of a personal breakthrough - it is my first EGG FREE low carb bread. Plus, it contains an extra portion of fiber!

Coconut

The xanthan gum is non-negotiable. Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free and therefore lacks the elasticity of wheat flour. In the absence of eggs, we need the help of xanthan gum to bind and create an elastic dough.

I'm using psyllium husk powder and not psyllium husks in this recipe. The powder is REALLY finely ground. Psyllium husks, on the other hand, look like tiny sticks. It's easy to mistake them for powder at first glance, so do double-check your pack.

Brilliant Gluten Free Naan Recipe

This section contains step-by-step instructions and photos that show how to make this recipe. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities

TIP: I like to use a balloon whisk for this and check that there are no lumps. Coconut flour has a tendency to clump together!

Now add the hot water and stir. At first, it seems like there's a lot of liquid. But both psyllium and coconut flour are very absorbent and a dough will form quickly.

-

Legit Puffy Keto Naan (i.e. Flatbread!)

I find it easiest to use a fork for this step. If you continue with the whisk, the dough gets caught in the middle, which is a major mess.

Time to get