Moist Banana Bread Recipe Without Yogurt

This easy no-fail Healthy Banana Bread recipe makes the most fluffy and moist banana bread you will find! It contains NO processed sugar or butter and comes together in just a few minutes!

It’s finally here! We are a huge fan of banana bread. Somehow, we always end up with 3 to 4 very ripe bananas just sitting on the counter. Bananas that are too ripe to eat, but are perfect for baking. You know what they say, when life gives you ripe bananas, make banana bread.

South

But seriously, ripe bananas are a dream in banana bread and make the best banana bread ever. This healthy banana bread is everything you want in banana bread. It’s moist, dense, and full of flavor. I made a batch and shared a few slices with my friends and they could not believe it was “healthy”.

Cooking With Manuela: Extra Moist Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt, Chocolate Chips And Walnuts

Another very important ingredientis the ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are super sweet so the riper the better. If your bananas are not yet brown or soft then you can place them in a 300F degree oven for 20 minutes or until dark brown. I swear this method will produce the ripest bananas that are perfect for banana bread.

This banana bread will last at room temperature for 3-4 days. To store, place a paper towel in an airtight container or ziplock bag and top your bread with another paper towel. Be sure to seal the bag or airtight container.

To Freeze: You can leave the loaf whole and just wrap it and store it in a freezer-safe bag or container until you’re ready to eat it. You can also slice it and freeze it as well. To unthaw, just move it to the fridge for a short time or take it out of the freezer and set it out on the counter. It will unthaw quickly and easily.

Vegan Banana Bread (easy + Healthy)

To make this bread gluten free: Use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour. For dairy-free/vegan: use almond milk and flax eggs and maple syrup. *Trader Joe’s has white whole wheat flour that is also great in this bread. Recipe inspired by allrecipes and cookie and kate

Serving: 1 slice , Calories: 238 kcal , Carbohydrates: 29 g , Protein: 4 g , Fat: 12 g , Saturated Fat: 10 g , Cholesterol: 27 mg , Sodium: 209 mg , Potassium: 199 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 12 g , Vitamin A: 60 IU , Vitamin C: 1.7 mg , Calcium: 42 mg , Iron: 1 mgWith its super-moist and buttery texture, banana and brown sugar flavors, soft crumb, and 1, 000+ reviews, this is a delicious AND undeniably popular banana bread recipe. You need 4 ripe bananas.

One reader, Michele, says: “Perfectly delish every time! Absolutely foolproof. Nuts, no nuts, smidge more or less of sour cream—no problem… bigger bananas, smaller—no worries, perfect, beyond delicious EVERY time.”

Classic Banana Bread (moist And So Easy!)

This is my favorite banana bread recipe, one that I’ve cherished for years. It’s one of those classic recipes that you start to know by heart, just like a good pie crust or chocolate chip cookies recipe. This bread comes to mind first when I have leftover spotty bananas on the counter, and it’s the bread that’s on constant rotation in my freezer stash.

One reader, Tricia, says: “I have this recipe on speed dial. LOL. It is so tasty and is always a crowd pleaser. My kids and entire family love it!!!”

I’ve tried dozens of banana bread recipes over the years, and when I baked and originally published this recipe back in 2013, I never looked back.

Ba's Best Banana Bread Recipe

This bread uses more mashed bananas than similar recipes. Add 2 whole cups (460g) of mashed banana, which is about 4 large bananas. More banana = more moisture and flavor in the finished loaf.

Did you know you can use your electric mixer to mash bananas? Break or slice the spotty bananas into large pieces and place in the bowl of your stand mixer—or use a regular mixing bowl and your hand mixer. Begin beating on low, then gradually increase to medium-high speed as the bananas break down into mashed banana. Transfer the bananas to another bowl and use the mixing bowl for the butter and sugar. (No need to clean it—some mashed banana remnants is fine.)

Extra

For banana nut bread, add 3/4 cup of chopped nuts to the banana bread batter; I like using either pecans or walnuts. If you’re nuts for nuts (LOL), you’ll enjoy the toasty slight crunch nestled inside the soft crumbs. If you’re not a nut person, feel free to leave them out or replace with chocolate chips. For a whole wheat version, try my whole wheat banana bread.

Moist And Delicious Banana Bread Recipe

Yes and I do this often. Thaw the frozen bananas at room temperature. Drain off any excess liquid, mash, then use as instructed in the recipe below. See How to Freeze & Thaw Bananas for Baking. Try not to mash too much or else you’ll be left with 2 cups of banana-y liquid; some chunks are great.

I recommend using my extremely similar, scaled-up recipe for chocolate marble banana Bundt cake instead. You can leave out the chocolate swirl in that recipe.

Overall, this is an easy recipe for classic banana bread. The batter takes about 10 minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven. (Except for, maybe, zucchini bread or pumpkin bread… try those next!)

Unbelievably Moist Banana Bread

With its super-moist and buttery texture, banana and brown sugar flavors, soft crumb, and 1, 000+ reviews, this is a delicious AND undeniably popular banana bread recipe. You need 4 large ripe bananas.

Sally McKenney is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. Her kitchen-tested recipes and thorough step-by-step tutorials give readers the knowledge and confidence to bake from scratch. Sally has been featured onThe BEST banana bread recipe made incredibly moist by adding a secret ingredient! It may seem odd but once you’ve made it this way, you’ll never make it without it again! JUMP TO RECIPE

My

I have tried dozens of banana bread recipes through the years looking for THE BEST one. To me, that means, tons of flavor, tender texture and above all else, it must be super moist.

Easy High Protein Banana Bread With Greek Yogurt

I mean, so moist that you don’t have to slather it with butter and you don’t have to pop it in the microwave before it’s worth eating.

I will always enjoy warm banana bread and love butter on just about anything but truly great banana bread shouldn’t require either to be delicious.

I’ve tried almost every recipe out there that calls itself “The Best!” or has “moist” in the name and some have come close but none have hit the mark I was after.

Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

So I got to thinking… remember how my cornbread world got rocked earlier in the year when my buddy, Amanda used mayo in my recipe instead of sour cream??

Whoa, don’t freak out!Just stay with me… stay with me… I know it seems unorthodox, if not downright wrong, but y’all, I am telling you, this is it. This is the secret to SUPER MOIST banana bread. That stays moist.

Banana

As I’m typing this, I’m eating a slice that’s 4 days old, that’s been stored in a NOT airtight cake stand, and it tastes, smells and feels exactly like it did the day I baked it. Not one crumb has fallen off.

Moist Banana Bread With Sour Cream

I can’t tell you why mayonnaise is the miracle cure (seriously, it’s just eggs, oil and a nip of vinegar... maybe because the fat is emulsified??). All I can tell you is that THIS is the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten in my entire life and I will never make it any other way.

And that’s exactly how I feel about my new favorite cornbread recipe. It’s my old favorite cornbread recipe made with mayonnaise instead of sour cream. I will never make another cornbread recipe. EVER.

I’ll be honest, until Amanda screwed around and put mayo in my cornbread recipe, I’d never wanted to try any baked goods made with mayonnaise. I’ve heard of chocolate mayonnaise cake my whole life but the idea of it conjures up thoughts of eggy pound cake or scrambled egg sandwiches or… I don’t know… some really fat lady stirring egg salad with curlers in her hair (I know, I’m weird… she also has a cigarette hanging out her mouth but I wasn’t going to mention that).

Grandma's Easy Banana Bread

You will love this recipe. The flavor is incredible (not even a hint of mayo taste) and like I said, it is so moist and it stays moist.

I love this recipe so much I used it to make pumpkin bread and apple bread! Check out my recipes for Perfect Pumpkin Breadand Apple Pie Bread too!

Our

The BEST banana bread recipe made incredibly moist by adding a secret ingredient! It may seem odd but once you’ve made it this way, you’ll never make it without it again!This is a great recipe for a basic classic banana bread. I have only two criteria for what I would consider the best banana bread recipe: super moist and big banana flavor.

Banana Bread Recipe

I’ve