Banana Bread Recipe Pumpkin

Two classic loaf breads are combined for this moist and tender pumpkin banana bread. It has all the fall pumpkin spice flavors plus added sweetness from the ripe bananas. Plus it’s so incredibly easy to make! Breakfast never tasted so good

Growing up, we didn’t have banana bread in my house. We had other loaf cakes, like my mom’s easy orange cake, but never banana or pumpkin. It wasn’t until I visited the US that I had my first taste of either one, and immediately I was hooked. So I thought: why not make a delicious cake that combines the two? That’s how this banana pumpkin bread recipe was born, and it quickly became one of my favorite pumpkin dessert recipes.

Pumpkin

I was born with a sweet tooth, so it’s no surprise the sweet, tender and moist banana and pumpkin breads both appealed to me. Ever since then, both cakes have become a staple in my household. Whenever I have overripe bananas I make my favorite banana bread recipe and when fall finally arrives, it’s pumpkin bread time.

Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread

It was only a matter of time before I combined these two recipes into one incredibly moist and flavorful bread. This recipe is perfect for when you can’t decide between pumpkin or banana bread, getting the best of both worlds. It’s sweet from the bananas, moist from the pumpkin, and mildly spiced with fall flavors (you can always add more or substitute the spices with 2 teaspoons of your favorite pumpkin pie spice blend).

Want to know my favorite thing about this easy pumpkin banana bread recipe? It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t require any special equipment or long waiting. If there’s one thing to make before we get to winter, this banana bread is at the top of my list. It’s the perfect fall treat for the upcoming holiday season!

The first step is to preheat your oven and grease your loaf pan. Doing this in advance means you can bake your cake right away once you’re done mixing the batter.

Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add in the melted butter, mashed bananas, and pumpkin puree.

While recipe testing, I found the best pumpkin banana bread to be made with melted butter instead of oil or creamed butter. It adds even more flavor and richness and makes the banana pumpkin bread extra tender. It also means you don’t have to use a mixer to cream the butter.

Pour the wet mixture into the dry and fold gently with a spatula to combine. I recommend using a rubber spatula for this step, since it’s very important not to overmix your batter. This will result in a dense, rubbery cake instead of a moist and tender one.

Cream Cheese Swirled Pumpkin Bread With Salted Maple Butter.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan and cooling completely.

This pumpkin banana bread is my new favorite way to satisfy my fall cravings. It’s got a hint of sweet banana flavor and pumpkin spice. When you’re stocking up on pumpkin puree this Thanksgiving for pumpkin pie, be sure to grab a few extra cans to make this pumpkin banana bread recipe, too!In a fit of organization earlier this week, I started to clean out our pantry, a well-intentioned task that stopped abruptly when I came across a stray can of pumpkin. Right around this time, I felt the lightest twinge of hunger, and we also happened to have a few spotty bananas lurking on the kitchen counter. Fate had spoken. Forget the pantry reorg—it was time for healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread!

Moist, lightly springy, and pleasantly spiced, this mashup of my two greatest quick bread loves, banana bread and pumpkin bread, is whole wheat, naturally sweetened with honey, and defies seasonal designation.

Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe With Pumpkin Pie Spices

I adore them both, but this week I was craving something a little more out of the ordinary, which ironically enough turned out to be something in between.

This Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe takes the best of these two classic breakfast recipes and combines them into one of the most tender, moist, and satisfying healthy quick bread recipes you’ll ever bake.

-

Considering my laundry list of healthy pumpkin bread recipes (Vegan Pumpkin Bread, Healthy Pumpkin Bread,  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread) is rivaled only by my collection of healthy banana bread recipes (ahem, classic Healthy Banana Bread,  Paleo Banana Bread,  Cream Cheese Banana Bread…), it was only a matter of time before the two got together to create a tasty pumpkin and banana bread baby.

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Banana Bread

Although this bread is melt-in-your-mouth tender thanks to the combo of the banana, pumpkin, and Greek yogurt (a key ingredient in Cream Cheese Banana Bread), all of which make baked goods magnificently moist, it has enough density to make it taste satisfying and leave you feeling nourished and complete.

I love to warm up a big slice of this bread for breakfast (try it smeared with peanut butter) or snitch it cold from the fridge when I’m craving an instant pick-me-up, and it makes a lovely treat for coworkers, neighbors, and anyone whose day you’d like to brighten.

This pumpkin bread has notes of vanilla and honey, the spice is subtle but present, and it rises beautifully in the pan.

Pumpkin Banana Bread (makes 5 Mini Loaves)

Generally, you can substitute pumpkin for banana in bread (so you can play around with the paleo recipes above if you want a pumpkin/banana combo), but please note a few key things:

When in doubt: look for a recipe that’s already written for the type of bread you want to bake. I have many pumpkin (see my list of healthy pumpkin recipes) and banana bread recipes (see my full list of healthy baked goods/breads), so I’m betting there’s one to meet your needs!

Pumpkin

The next time you are craving a cozy breakfast treat that tastes extra special, are ready for a relaxing baking session, or stumble upon a loose can of pumpkin waiting to meet its tasty purpose, give this Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe a try. It’s one of the best bread recipes I’ve baked, and I know it will a favorite of yours too!

Easy And Moist Pumpkin Banana Bread

Moist, healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread. Whole wheat and made with yogurt and honey, this easy recipe is delicious with chocolate chips, nuts, or on its own!

Serving: 1 slice (of 10) Calories: 230 kcal Carbohydrates: 32 g Protein: 5 g Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 50 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 18 g

Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!The best of both worlds, pumpkin banana bread is a moist, spiced bread perfect for breakfast or snacking. Recipe makes two loaves. From Bridget Edwards of Bake at 350.

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread (with Mashed Bananas!)

I love bread. Crusty bread, sandwich bread, sweet bread, and definitely quick bread. Pumpkin bread is my favorite, followed closely behind by banana bread. One summer, I even took a morning exercise class at the pool just to justify driving through Starbucks on the way home to buy a slice of pumpkin bread. There’s no way that I expended the calories contained in a pumpkin bread and iced vanilla latte, but man, it helped me get through the class.

If you love pumpkin and banana, this bread is the best of both worlds. You get pumpkin; you get banana. The comforting spices come through, and the nuts add texture and crunch. Moist, but not crumbly, the bread is perfect for slicing and toasting—or eating out of hand.

Pumpkin

Here’s how I eat it: warm from the oven, or cooled and plain, or warm with butter, or toasted with cream cheese. (I eat a lot of bread.) Psst … have you ever made quick bread French toast? Do it!

Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread

Bridget Edwards of Bake at 350 likes cookies, and has been decorating them for over a decade and eating them for as long as she can remember. The author of two cookie books, Decorating Cookies and Decorating Cookies Party, Bridget believes: 1.) Cookies are made to be eaten, not to be perfect. 2.) Making pretty shouldn’t require an art degree or a fancy overhead projector. 3.) Your time is better spent EATING cookies with family and friends than slaving over decorating them. Bridget shares cookies and recipes for all things sweet on her blog, Bake at 350. She resides in the Lone Star State with her husband, teenage son, and two kitties.

Learn How to Make Effortless No-Knead Boule Ree's Panzanella Is a Hearty Summer Meal These Delicious Pretzel Dogs Are a Home Run Upside-Down Tomato Cornbread Is the Best BBQ Side

Everyone Can Pick Toppings on French Bread Pizzas Mini Calzones Are Big on Italian Flavor Classic Cheese Pizza Is Always a Family Favorite How to Make Pizza in a Cast-Iron Skillet

Easy Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe

Feed a