Egg White Bread Recipe Low Carb

Trying to go keto, but having a craving for bread, or need a quick sandwich for lunch? This keto cloud bread loaf is a keto bread recipe made using egg whites and protein powder and tastes just like real white bread.

I have been working with clients wanting to lose weight using a low carb/keto approach. During this time, I’ve found that my almond flour keto bread has too much fat to be helpful to my clients anymore.

Egg

In my opinion, being able to add butter, mayonnaise, butter or cheese to a sandwich makes it a little more interesting, keeping keto sustainable long term.

Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes (ketogenic)

, maybe I could take my cloud bread recipe and just make a loaf from that recipe. I wanted to keep it simple, using ingredients you can purchase from your grocery store. Always using ingredients you have to purchase online just makes everyone frustrated.

Whilst these recipes are great (and you should definitely follow both Brenda and Maria as they are fantastic recipe developers) adding sour cream means you can’t add other delicious fats.

Also, allulose is what’s called a “rare sugar”, and when made commercially, manufacturers use enzymes to convert fructose from corn and other plants into allulose. Not exactly what I call health food.

Almond Flour Bread

This bread is made with only 3 ingredients. Egg whites, whey protein powder and cream of Tartar. All available at your local grocery store.

You’d think that so much egg white would make the whole house smell like eggs… I’ve made this recipe a lot recently, and there is no eggy smell whatsoever.

The only time you might encounter an eggy smell when baking this recipe is if you have the oven turned up too high (causing a burning smell) – which also happens in the toaster if the bread gets too close to the heating elements.

Keto Yeast Bread Recipe (fluffy & Chewy!)

You can purchase egg whites in the egg section at your grocery store. Thanks to all the low-fat diets, buying plain egg whites is actually pretty easy.

This brand is available at both Coles and Woolworths. There is also a free-range version of the same product which is in a green coloured container.

You can use any whey protein powder you like, but I find this one works the best. It is unflavoured, and it’s in the health food section at coles.

Easy Keto Sandwich Bread Recipe

When whipped, egg whites (also known as albumen) can swell up to eight times their initial volume. The acidity of cream of tartar helps egg whites achieve their full volume potential, and stabilizes them by helping hold in water and air.

Compared to my keto almond flour bread, this has substantially less fat, which means you can add fats on top, like nut butter, mayonnaise, avocado or butter.

What is Cream Of Tartar (and do I have to use it?) When whipped, egg whites (also known as albumen) can swell up to eight times their initial volume. The acidity of cream of tartar helps egg whites achieve their full volume potential, and stabilizes them by helping hold in water and air.

Best Keto Bread Recipe

Need it to be 100% Dairy-Free? There is very little dairy in whey protein isolate, however, if you need it to be 100% dairy-free, you can also use egg protein powder with the exact same results.

Hi! I’m Aaron (). I'm an Accredited Nutritional Therapist, Clinical Weightloss Practitioner and Advanced Sports Exercise Nutritional Adviser, and Author of The Keto Sweettooth CookbookEgg White Bread has been a gamechanger for me not only for incorporating on PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) days, but also on my regular keto days! Use this as the basis for keto loaves, buns, pizza crust and more!

This recipe has been adapted from Maria Emmerich’s original protein sparing egg white bread recipe which you can check out right here!

Keto

Low Carb Bread Machine Recipe

I have added a few simple ingredients to make it work for me. I lowered the amount of egg white powder and lowered the cooking temperature and time and I found it is less dry for me that way. Not to mention saving on the cost of the egg white powder!

See what else you can do with this recipe (hint: sweet cinnamon bread and pizza buns!) and watch me make those recipes here!

The egg whites have to be whipped until very stiff! This takes about 8 minutes with both electric beaters as well as a stand mixer. Here are some tips:

Zero Carb Bread

Even though I am using this one now (affectionately called Big Red!) , I used only my electric beaters for over 40 years! Including on my youtube channel where I have made this egg white bread recipe !

If using a hand mixer then cut the recipe in half. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or so, then let rest in the oven for 10 minutes with oven turned off.

However, if you are having trouble getting your egg whites to stiffen and you have looked at all the tips under that heading, then maybe this switch will do it for you! Some people do say they get better results with fresh egg whites.

Cloud Bread {keto, Low Carb, 4 Ingredients}

I like to use the allulose because in baking it has wonderful browning properties. The bread baked with allulose has a nice smooth brown crust, while the bread without allulose has a crust without color and a dry texture.

That said, if you can’t get allulose then omit it and you will still get a loaf of bread with incredible macros! Also the browning doesn’t matter anyways if you are using the recipe to make pizza crust or some of the other recipes like cinnamon bread.

Keto

Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.

Keto Low Carb Cloud Bread Loaf (new & Improved)

Please leave a comment on the blog or tag me on Instagram! @ketogenic.woman. Follow me on Pinterest by clicking the Pinterest button to the left!This low carb keto egg loaf recipe is soft, creamy and just perfect comfort food. It makes amazing keto French toast fried in butter and topped with cinnamon and sugar free sweetener. Only 1.3g net carbs per slice.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have a passion for baking. That's why I just HAD to create my own version of the popular keto egg loaf. It's a high protein bread alternative that is VERY different to my regular low carb bread staples such as my Almond Flour Keto Bread or this Flaxseed Bread With Coconut Flour.

Glad you're asking. The original keto egg loaf recipe became popular through Instagram. It called for equal amounts of egg, butter and cream cheese.

Egg White Bread

I tested a version of this, but found that the loaf collapsed into a dense heap straight after removing it from the oven. It tasted lovely, but had the texture of a flan or baked custard.

By adding coconut flour and baking powder I achieved a fluffier texture. And even though my keto egg loaf did still deflate as it cooled down, it retained a better shape. I like to think of it as sugar free French toast - eggy, creamy and soft in all the best ways. You get me?

Since this keto loaf recipe only contains a very small amount of coconut flour, it is very low in carbs. The total carb count per portion is just 1.9 grams and one slice comes in at 1.3g net carbs. It is the perfect keto breakfast for anyone who wants to keep their carb count very low.

The Best Almond Flour Keto Bread

Of course, an egg loaf is not exactly comparable to regular low carb bread. The main ingredient in keto bread will be either nut or seed flours, and other ingredients such as eggs, butter or water play second fiddle. Keto bread really can pass as proper wheat bread.

Zero

For this recipe, the tables are turned. This is a high protein recipe where eggs take the centre stage. Where normally we'd try anything to get bread taste NOT eggy, here it is the entire point. Definitely serve this warm, slathered in sugar free syrup jut like a pancake. Or even better, fry it in butter and top with golden erythritol!

1.) Get your ingredients ready, pre-heat the oven to 350 F / 175 C electric and line a small loaf tin with parchment paper.

Keto Coconut Bread

2.) Mix the eggs, cream cheese, butter and erythritol in a food processor or high speed blender until frothy. Alternatively, use a tall mixing jug and a handheld electric blender.

3.) Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Tip: Check the keto loaf after 25 minutes. Once it is golden on top, cover it loosely with a sheet of aluminium paper to prevent excessive browning.

Ingredient Keto Egg Loaf

First of all, you need to know that this loaf is all about the taste. IT TASTES GREAT. I have not yet produced one that does not deflate at all.  However, I have a few suggestions and ideas that I will try next time I make it.

Secondly, next time I will