4 Ingredient Coconut Bread Recipe

If you love easy bakes then my recipe for 4 ingredient coconut cake is perfect for you. No eggs, butter, oil, or stand mixers are required. Just one bowl, a whisk, and a few basic ingredients are needed to prepare this quick and easy treat.

I always find that basic recipes are the true gems of recipes. It’s great to use it as a canvas to create and add flavourings and toppings to your heart’s delight. This recipe is no different. Using just 4 ingredients your options are endless. Keep it simple or add seasonal or dried fruit, flavor extracts and top decoratively to create an impressive bake.

Ingredient

While the full printable recipe is written below, this is the section to read if you’re wondering about ingredient substitutions or how these ingredients work in the recipe.

Bill Granger's Coconut Bread

Self-raising flour: Ensure that your self-raising flour is fresh and not past the expiry date. If the self-raising flour is not fresh, the cake will not rise and will have a dense texture.

If you do not have self-raising flour, then make your own by just adding 2 teaspoons of baking powder to 1 cup of all-purpose/cake flour.

This recipe calls for 2 cups of self-raising flour, so to make your own, you are going to add 4 teaspoons of baking powder to the 2 cups of all-purpose or cake flour.

Ingredient Almond Coconut Cookies

Flavoring extract (optional): I have baked many times this cake with or without vanilla extract. Without vanilla extract, we just enjoy it sliced and spread with butter or jam as a delicious tea time treat.

                                                                                               How to make the cake

Whisk or mix with a spatula or until combined. Do not over mix. Over mixing will result in the cake being heavy and dense.

Easy Gluten Free Coconut Bread With Lemon

OPTIONAL: Spread jam over the top of the baked cake while still warm and top with a sprinkling of toasted desiccated coconut.

Similar to the pictures in my post, you can top with your favourite jam/ jelly and a sprinkle of coconut, or give my other great toppings a try:

To avoid this, ensure that you mix all your ingredients at medium speed when using an electric mixer. If it is mixed on high or for too long, the cake batter loses the incorporated air and becomes dense.

Quick Coconut Bread

Serving: 1 slice Calories: 273 kcal Carbohydrates: 33 g Protein: 3 g Fat: 16 g Saturated Fat: 13 g Cholesterol: 6 mg Sodium: 34 mg Potassium: 194 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 30 g Calcium: 73 mg Iron: 1 mgYou asked, so I answered: might it be possible to make my 4-ingredient Power Bread (easily one of my favorite recipes, and featuring oats, nuts and/or seeds, and flaxseed meal) be made into a keto bread or Paleo bread?

However, my original recipe calls for a considerable measure of oats. Specifically, 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats. The oats provide critical structure to the original recipe, perhaps with the right permutation of grain-free alternatives, I could create a tasty (and still sturdy) twist on my favorite bread.

Here’s the beauty of this bread: it is every bit as easy as the original. And delicious. And awesome. The texture is very close to the oat version, and yet…even better. Yup. Especially when toasted. It is:

Bone Broth Bread Recipe

When I first started experimenting with a grain-free option for the bread, I changed the proportions of psyllium, flax and water from the original. Further, I tried combining several grain-free flours. The batches were close, but still off, so I kept testing.

Coconut

My test loaves with (some) coconut flour showed the most promise, hence I added more coconut flour (I’m smart that way :)). The results were better still. Perhaps all coconut flour? I was in the home stretch, I just needed a few more adjustments. So I returned to my original proportions (of the other ingredients) plus coconut flour in place of he oats.

You can go with one type of seed or nut (e.g., 100% pepitas or 100% almonds) or round up whatever combination you like or have on hand.

Keto Coconut Flour Bread (low Carb, Nut Free, Paleo)

If you have the time and inclination, toast what you gather (approximately 10 minutes at 350F/175C). Nothing wrong with adding some toasty flavor, anytime :).

Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Surprise bonus: no chopping of the nuts or seeds required. Yay! This is my kind of breadmaking.

Add the water to the dry ingredients and stir. The mixture looks loose with the first turns of the spoon, but in a matter of seconds, the coconut flour, flaxseed meal and psyllium soak up the water. The result (in under a minute) is a thick, stiff, yet slightly moist dough.

Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread (gluten Free, Dairy Free)

I lined the loaf pan in my original power bread recipe, but not with this version. The coconut flour version browns better when baked directly in the pan.

I left out a few seeds and nuts from the mix in order to press into the top (I was thinking of my photo ops). If you are not planning to photograph your loaf, you certainly do not need to follow my lead in this regard.

-

Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Let the loaf stand while preheating as it allows for additional water absorption, as well as solidification of the loaf, before baking.

Healthy Coconut Banana Bread

Once the oven is heated, bake the loaf for 55 to 65 minutes. The bread is ready when browned, the surface appears dry, and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped near the center.

One completely cooled, the bread can be sliced thick, thin, or anywhere in between. I like mine about 1/4-inch (generous 1/4 inch) thick, which yields about 20 slices per loaf.

Store the bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.

Coconut Bread Recipe (whole Wheat, Maple Sweetened & Dairy Free)

For the most accurate results, weigh the coconut flour to measure (you will need 49 grams). If measuring by tablespoon, lightly spoon the flour to measure , as it is easy to overpack otherwise.

Yes, if you prefer to use chia seeds, you most definitely can, with a caveat: the chia seeds need to be ground into a meal. Grind the seeds in a food processor, blender, or coffee grinder and then use an equal amount of chia seed meal to replace the flaxseed meal.

Note that the color of the bread will be less brown (black chia seeds in place of brown flax). But it will still be 100% delicious!

Keto

Ingredient Vegan Oil Free Banana Bread {gluten Free}

No, psyllium is essential to the recipe. It is the super-binder that literally holds this bread together; the recipe will not work without it.

Storage: Store the bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.

Coconut Flour Tip: For the most accurate results, weigh the coconut flour to measure (you will need 49 grams). If measuring by tablespoon, lightly spoon the flour to measure , as it is easy to overpack otherwise.

Zucchini Coconut Loaf Recipe

Nut and Seed Suggestions: Any nut or seed will work in this recipe, solo, or in combination. For example, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pecans, peanuts, pepitas, or sunflower seeds.

Weigh the Nuts and Seeds: I strongly urge the use of a scale to measure 200 grams worth of nuts or seeds. 1 and 1/2 cups is a general guideline for how much you need, but for best results, use a kitchen scale to measure 200 grams.

Hi Sumeeta, Hmm, I just checked and it is there (just making sure you are scrolling or jumping all the way down to the recipe card itself, not the post). It is in the second line of ingredients : 3/4 cup (78 g)  flaxseed meal. Cheers.

Vegan Coconut Flour Flax Bread (grain Free, Oil Free)

Good morning, I thought I'd share my experience. I followed the recipe exactly (I did briefly toast my nuts prior) by using the version with 3 tsps of psyllium husk powder. I added the water in portions and didn't end up using all of it. I held on to the extra in case the dough seemed to need it after I let it gel for a while, but it seemed good with the amount I used (maybe 1 1/2 cups?). I wanted to try this in my ninja foodi so I used a round 8 inch pan. I thought it might take less time but after turning it out after about 35 minutes I could tell the bottom and middle was still quite wet. I placed it back in the foodi upside down in the pan and baked for another 20 or so. I ended up taking it out of the pan entirely and placed some foil loosely over the top to prevent over browning and left it in the foodi for another 10 maybe. After cooling I sliced a pie wedge out. Still a little moisture in the middle but easily fixed by

-