Banana Bread Recipe Brown Butter

Category is: mental health realness. Just this Monday I woke up not really feeling like myself—I wasn’t excited to start the day, I didn’t want to get out of bed, and I just felt generally down. Why? I had no clue. However, it was negative enough to the point where I considered calling out of work. I’m by no means a medical professional, nor have I ever seen one for mental health reasons, but another blogger recently shared that he was going through a bout of acute depression and in that moment I felt as if I could relate.

I bring this up because I feel as if there’s still a large stigma around the topic of mental health, particularly in the black community. People didn’t talk about it much in my community growing up, whereas I have a number of friends now that openly share that they have regular meetings with therapists, counselors, and psychologists. It’s time to start changing the way we think about and view mental health in our culture.

-

In a story that is now going viral, a woman took off from work and bravely told her colleagues that it was for mental health. The part that made this courageous act a sensation is how her CEO applauded her for doing so. After I shared this on Facebook a friend messaged me stating that this is something that should be talked about more. People shouldn’t be afraid or ashamed to acknowledge they’re having difficulties. As I said before, I am no professional and this is not medical advice, but I encourage everyone to make their health—both physical and mental—a priority.

Brown Butter Banana Bread Recipe / Six Sisters' Stuff

As implied earlier, I did in fact end up going to work Monday, and thankfully my mental state improved. (To be clear: I acknowledge that this isn’t how things usually work for people with diagnosed cases of depression.) After not having felt like cooking anything in about five days, my spirits were finally back to a level where I was in the mood to make this brown-butter banana bread recipe. I shared this recipe on Tasting Table a few months ago, and now I’m posting a version of it here for you. This brown-butter banana bread recipe is full of banana-y goodness and with less sugar than a lot of the other recipes out there. What I love most about this version is that the brown butter adds a rich nuttiness and dark brown sugar adds a deep molasses flavor. If you want, you can also make extra brown butter to brush on the bread once it comes out of the oven.

An upgraded version of one of my favorite treats. The brown butter adds a rich nuttiness and dark brown sugar is used to add a deep molasses flavor to the bread.One of baking’s simple pleasures, at least for me, is banana bread. There’s just something about homemade banana bread that I find irresistible and comforting.

I’m always trying to think of a new twist on banana bread, and I’m a big fan of this Brown Butter Banana Bread. It’s really just a simple banana bread with one equally simple twist that gives it a richer flavor. As the title says, there’s brown butter involved here, which is always something that piques my interest.

Brown Butter Banana Bread

Just that one little tweak really makes this banana bread something special. If you’ve never browned butter, it really is amazingly simple. All you need is a small saucepan and some butter. As the butter cooks on the stovetop, a lot of the water is lost so the buttery flavor becomes more concentrated. The milk solids left behind start to caramelize, as evidenced by little brown specks in the butter.

The only caution I give is that you need to keep an eye on the butter. It can go from perfectly brown to burned fairly quickly. Once you start seeing browned bits, be ready to remove the pan from the heat soon. Because of that visual cue, it’s best to avoid using a dark pan so the color change is clear. You’ll also notice the nutty smell that signals that your butter is nicely browned.

The topping for this bread is also in keeping with the simplicity of this bread. It’s just a combination of chopped nuts and coarse sugar that’s sprinkled on top of the batter before baking. As the bread bakes, the nuts get toasty and a little caramelized from the sugar. I think it’s just the thing to top off this bread. If you’re not a fan of nuts or just want a simpler bread, you can, of course, omit the topping.

Brown Butter Banana Bread Recipe

If you love banana bread but want something just a little different, then try this Brown Butter Banana Bread. I hope you’ll love its wonderful flavor as much as I do!

Brown

Bake or Break is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Stuck with overripe bananas? Add a warm and nutty twist to a quickbread classic with a tried-and-tested recipe for Brown Butter Banana Bread.

If you’re wondering, “Do I really need another banana bread recipe?” (especially when they’re more than a dozen available at the click of a button!), the answer is always going to be a resounding YES.

Brown Butter Rum Banana Bread

Just when I thought I couldn’t improve upon the cream cheese-marbled, chocolate chunk-studded and Greek yogurt-filled favorites, here comes a subtle twist that delivers anything but subtle flavor results. Welcome to the overripe banana lineup, Brown Butter Banana Bread!

Simply put, brown butter lends an insanely delicious nutty, toasty flavor to any and all desserts (and even savory things like eggs, popcorn, pasta and grilled cheese). If you want to add that special

-

While it might seem like you can swap brown butter it into any baked good in lieu of butter, be warned: Your resulting recipe will be a bit drier than you anticipated. This is because when you brown your butter, the water in the butter evaporates. But don’t worry, adding water back into your recipe along with the brown butter will fix this right up. This recipe has all of those adjustments perfected, so you’re well on your way to an incredibly moist loaf of banana bread.

Brown Butter Banana Bread And A Holiday

Plain yogurt (either regular or Greek-style) is a fantastic substitute for sour cream when baking banana bread. Both yogurt and sour cream are acidic, which is crucial to activating the baking soda and to achieving a moist crumb and superior texture.

A liquid, so you won’t want to add the same amount of buttermilk when swapping for sour cream. In this recipe, ¼ cup buttermilk will be all you need.

Just how quickly you need ripe bananas will determine which technique to choose. Got a bit of time and a paper bag? Pop the bananas inside and close the bag. Bananas and other fruits produce a gas called ethylene as they ripen, which will in turn help to ripen any other underripe fruits. It’ll take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours for the bananas to ripen to your preferred sweetness.

Easy

The Best Banana Bread Brownies

Need quicker results? Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the underripe bananas on a baking sheet. Pop them in the oven, and just 15 minutes later you’ll be scooping out sweetened banana puree perfect for whisking into banana bread batter.

Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.

Calories: 330 kcal , Carbohydrates: 54 g , Protein: 5 g , Fat: 10 g , Saturated Fat: 6 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g , Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g , Trans Fat: 1 g , Cholesterol: 65 mg , Sodium: 307 mg , Potassium: 241 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 26 g , Vitamin A: 366 IU , Vitamin C: 4 mg , Calcium: 37 mg , Iron: 2 mgI give you my best ever brown butter caramelized banana bread, which is without a doubt the banana bread of all banana breads. It is incredibly moist and tender, over the top flavorful, and basically just melts in your mouth.

Brown Butter Banana Bread + More Quick Bread Recipes

I am so excited to bring you this brown butter caramelized banana bread! I shared a few behind the scenes of testing it over on Instagram the other day and received an outpouring of messages asking for the recipe. Well, it’s here! So let’s get right to it.

-

This recipe starts with your basic dry ingredients. I then combine both regular, granulated sugar and honey…along with some deliciously nutty brown butter. Basically, you’ll start by just melting the butter in a saucepan and then allowing it to cook even further until golden brown. You’ll want to watch this closely as it tends to burn quickly. The brown butter completely enhances the banana bread’s flavor and adds that little extra something that I love.

The bread also has mashed bananas (of course) and some tangy, creamy Greek yogurt. The

Brown Butter Cinnamon Rye Banana Bread