Banana Bread Recipe Like Bob Evans

I fell in love with Bob Evans Banana Bread years ago. It is so delicious and moist throughout. Even the crust is soft and sticks to your fingers. If you've tried their banana bread you know it's unlike any other.

I tried different recipes for years that claimed to be copycat Bob Evans banana bread or super moist banana bread, but nothing came even close.

Bob

Finally a couple of months ago I started playing around trying to make my own recipe. I read a couple of different sites that recommended lots of bananas, which helped but still didn't make it perfect.

Possible Free Bob Evans Banana Loaf Nut Bread With App

Finally, after lots of batches, I came up with one that is the closest I have ever had. The best part is you only need about 10 minutes in the kitchen to whip it up.

The trick to making a banana bread recipe moist and delicious? A large ziploc bag! When the banana bread is still hot from the oven slide it inside a large ziploc bag, close the bag, and let it cool in there. The ziploc bag will help seal in all of the moisture so you have yummy moist banana bread.

If you have been looking for the perfect Bob Evans Banana Bread recipe look no further. This recipe is spot on and tastes amazing!

Angelgirlpj: Cherry Nut Bread Like Bob Evans

To start, peel 4-5 bananas and put them in your mixer. Run the mixer on low until you have the bananas completely mashed. This may take a few minutes. While the mixer is going take a minute to gather your ingredients.

Once the bananas are completely mashed add in one egg, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 oil to the mixer. Mix for a minute or two until sugar is fully dissolved.

Then add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 1/2 cup flour to the mixture. Mix for two to three minutes, scraping the sides after a minute or so.

Amish Cinnamon Bread Recipe

Finally, add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. If you aren't a big nut person (I know, it is banana nut bread!) you can leave the nuts out. I actually prefer my banana nut bread without nuts.

Pour the dough into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. I love my pan(see notes below for update) it's non-stick and the bread just falls right out of the pan. If you don't use non-stick, you will want to use a cooking spray first.

Put it in the oven for about 50-55 minutes. You can check to see if it is done by inserting a knife into the end. If it comes out clean it should be done. I like the middle gooey, so if it is still a bit underdone in the middle I am okay with that.

The Best Blueberry Banana Bread! — Buns In My Oven

Once it comes out of the oven let it sit for about 2-3 minutes. Scrape the edges and gently remove it from the pan. Be careful, it will be very hot! Then slide it into a large zip-lock bag and seal the bag. This helps lock in the moisture and make the sticky crust like at Bob Evans. Place the bag in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until cooled.

Once the bread has cooled you can remove it from the zip-lock and slice it. You can either store it in the zip-lock or in a Tupperware.

-

I love to keep it in the fridge. We love it so much we not only eat it for breakfast but love it for dessert too.

Easy Gooey Banana Bread

I love how moist this banana bread recipe is. I have tried it many different ways and I think the ziploc bag makes such a difference with how moist the bread is. If you have been craving some Bob Evans Banana bread whip up a batch today. You won't be disappointed!

*****Update- I have received so many comments and emails about this banana bread. Some people say it is so perfect and tastes just like Bob Evans, some say the cooking time isn't even close to as long as it really needs to cook. If you are using a glass pan the time may change.

I really love the pan that I use to cook the bob evans banana bread in. It helps with more even heat distribution and keeps bread moister as it cooks. You can get one here on Amazon for under $15.

Island Banana Bread

Love how moist and delicious Bob Evans banana bread is? Try this amazing recipe for Bob Evans Banana Bread. You will love how easy and simple it is to make.Don’t let those overripe bananas go to waste! This copycat Bob Evan’s banana bread recipe rivals any from a local bakery. Soft, delicious, and sticky on the top. This recipe yields 2 loaves of delicious banana bread.

If you like quick breads you’ll love our pumpkin chocolate chip mini loaves, our sour cream lemon loaf, and our quick rise cinnamon rolls!

Bakery

Don’t you love when those overripe bananas go on sale at the grocery store? I grabbed a bag for $1.99 the other day, brimming with brown speckled bananas. Lots of them. And I had big plans for those nasty looking bananas and it was this banana bread recipe. I have always loved banana bread, but not homemade banana bread. Maybe it was because it was usually dry and dense. If it wasn’t dry then it was a bit doughy in the center.

Easy Amish Cinnamon Bread (without A Starter)

Nothing homemade seemed to compare with our favorite bakery style banana bread from Bob Evans. It is always perfectly cooked through, sticky on the top, but not doughy,  and seemed much more of a dessert than a bread. My husband would order two slices every time we visited the restaurant.

I set out to figure out a banana bread recipe as good as theirs and I failed over and over. Don’t get me wrong, it was edible, but I kept running into the problem of having it drier than we wanted. If I undercooked it a bit it would be doughy inside, and I always ended up putting it back in the oven to finish up which dried it out.  I kept at it over the years until I figured out how to make it perfectly moist. One that we all absolutely love.

I’ve learned that it isn’t so much the ingredients in a banana bread recipe or determining how dark and nasty the bananas need to be that makes the difference. Good ingredients are good (and I have a great list below), but it is what you do to your banana bread after it comes out of the oven that makes it sticky on top and moist all over.

Irish Cream Gluten Free Banana Bread {dairy Free}

Fight the urge to slice into it fresh out of the oven. It would taste awesome, but your patience will pay off if you wait until morning. I know that is not what you wanted to hear. When your banana bread recipe comes out of the oven, let it stand for in the pan 10 minutes. Then run a knife around the edges, flip it over on a flat surface, cool for 15 minutes then wrap it in plastic wrap. Let the loaves stand on a rack for a few hours (overnight is best) before removing the plastic wrap.

If you don’t believe me, watch this video. I knew that wrapping it would moisten the bread, but it wasn’t until I watched this video that I learned that the bananas actually need to sit for a while after being baked into the bread too. You learn something new every day!

-

Keep banana bread in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leaving the moist loaf out on the counter will cause it to mold quicker.

How To Make Banana Bread

Letting it stand also allows the banana flavor to really come through. If I haven’t scared you off yet, here is my tried and true banana bread recipe.

Thick, moist, dense with bananas and slightly sticky on top. I love this recipe as is, but if you’d like to add a handful of chocolate chips to the batter before baking (or sprinkle on top of the loaves before baking) that’s delicious too.

Don't let those overripe bananas go to waste! This copy cat Bob Evan's banana bread recipe rivals any from a local bakery. Soft, delicious, and sticky on the top. This recipe yields 2 loaves of delicious banana bread.

Bob Evans Copycat Recipes

Keep banana bread in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leaving the moist loaf out on the counter will cause it to mold quicker. You can also wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and freeze for 3-6 months.

2 large loaves. You can also divide between a 9 inch loaf pan and a muffin tin to create one loaf and a batch of muffins. Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick or fork comes out dry. Baking times may vary.

How

Yes! Remover from the freezer and let them thaw on the counter until only partially frozen. I’ve never made a batch with all frozen bananas, usually half frozen and half overripe when I was running short.

Angelgirlpj: Gluten Free Banana Banana Bread Copy Cat Of Bob Evan's

Brown or yellow and heavily coated with brown spots. If it’s too brown for you to eat,