Healthy Banana Bread Recipe With Stevia

This bread is amazing. It's fragrant, not too sweet, the perfect breakfast or snack bread. As I was baking it, my house filled with the most amazing fragrance of sweet roasted nuts, banana, and cinnamon.

My starting point when creating this recipe was my pumpkin bread recipe. It's basically the same, with mashed bananas instead of pumpkin.

Easy

I also use less sweetener, because ripe bananas are so sweet. The keto option (see below) uses fewer bananas and a sugar-free sweetener.

Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread

You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this keto banana bread. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:

Ground cinnamon: Make sure it's fresh. I use a whole tablespoon - you can use just 1 teaspoon for lighter-colored bread. But the cinnamon does add wonderful flavor.

Almond flour: An excellent flour substitute that bakes exceptionally well. I use blanched finely ground almond flour in this recipe. I haven't experimented with a coarse almond meal.

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe With Protein (sugar & Gluten Free)

Baking soda: If you'd like to try using gluten-free baking powder (though I haven't tested it in this recipe), remember that ¼ teaspoon of baking soda is equivalent to 1 teaspoon of baking powder.

Bake the bread for 40-50 minutes at 350°F. How long you need to bake it would depend on your oven. When it's done, a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf should come out dry.

Cool the bread completely before enjoying it. This is the hardest part! You will want to dig in right away. But the bread will be too soft and gooey when it emerges from the oven. Its texture and flavor will improve as it cools.

The Perfect Whole Wheat Banana Bread

Absolutely! This tasty bread is the proof, and I have several more that I make with just almond flour and they turn out well. Combining almond flour with eggs and a leavening agent creates beautiful breads.

If you'd rather use baking powder, you should use 3-4 teaspoons of it instead of 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Make sure your baking powder is fresh - it doesn't last as long as baking soda.

Yes. In fact, the sweetener is optional. I recently made a version of this bread with no sweetener at all, relying on the fruit for sweetness. I thought it was perfect - just the right amount of sweetness.

The Perfect {vegan} Banana Bread

So you're welcome to try that. You can always drizzle the baked bread with some honey if you find it's not sweet enough for your taste.

But you can certainly make the recipe as I wrote it here, with a small amount of honey, or with a sugar-free sweetener. Even though I use honey, I'm fairly certain that a granulated sweetener would work just as well. So feel free to experiment with coconut sugar, brown sugar, or a sugar-free granulated sweetener.

Skinny

The keto version has 150 calories, 10 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber per slice. If you need an even lower-carb bread, I highly recommend this keto zucchini bread.

Skinny Banana Bread (low Sugar + Low Fat)

I like this tasty bread just as it is. My kids like it lightly toasted, with sweet butter and a drizzle of honey. It's also wonderful with cream cheese, almond butter, or peanut butter if you don't mind peanuts.

I wanted a basic bread that would go with anything, so I didn't add any extras to the batter. I'm curious about chopped walnuts or pecans, or perhaps a handful of chocolate chips. I might try it next time I make this recipe!

Once the bread is completely cool, slice it. Then place the slices in an airtight container, separating layers with wax paper. You can keep them this way in the fridge for up to 4 days.

Low Fat Stevia Banana Bread Recipe

👩🏻‍🍳 I aim to publish a new recipe once or twice a month. Want these recipes in your inbox? Subscribe today! You can unsubscribe at any time.

*I use Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour. One cup of this flour weighs 4 oz, so 2 cups weigh 8 ounces. It's best to measure almond flour by weight rather than by volume.

Keto

**Occasionally, baking soda can cause a reaction in baked goods that results in an unpleasant ammonia smell. If you're concerned about it happening, you could use 4 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder instead of baking soda. If you opt for baking powder, please make sure it's fresh and not expired. 

Apple Sauce Banana Bread

For a keto version: Use just two bananas; replace the honey with 2 tablespoons of any sugar-free sweetener or the equivalent in stevia, and bake the bread for just 30-40 minutes (the batter will be drier with just two bananas). The keto version has 150 calories, 10 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber per slice.

Storage: Once the bread is completely cool, slice it. Then place the slices in an airtight container, separating layers with wax paper. You can keep them this way in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the slices in freezer bags. Again, if layering, separate the layers with wax paper.

Click here to add your own private notes. They're only visible to you. If you clear your browser's cache, they'll be lost.

Healthy Banana Bread

Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 172 kcal | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 147 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 8 g

Subscribe I aim to publish a new recipe once or twice a month. Want these recipes in your inbox? Subscribe today! You can unsubscribe at any time.

Best

Disclaimers Most of our recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Nutrition info is approximate and the carb count excludes non-nutritive sweeteners. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them. Please read our Terms of Use carefully before using any of our recipes.

Vegan Banana Bread (easy + Healthy)

Vered DeLeeuw, LL.M., CNC, has been following a low-carb real-food diet and blogging about it since 2011. She's a Certified Nutrition Coach (NASM-CNC), has taken courses at the Harvard School of Public Health, and has earned a Nutrition and Healthy Living Certificate from Cornell University. Her work has appeared in several major media outlets, including Healthline, HuffPost, Today, Women's Health, Shape, and Country Living. Click to learn more about Vered.Your favorite dessert bread now made with less sugar and fat, and you won’t taste the difference! This Skinny Banana Bread recipe will be your new go-to!

I was skeptical. I have a banana bread recipe I’m obsessed with. It’s better than Starbucks’ and when I make it with walnuts its better than any cake on the block! I don’t brag about many things, but that recipe will blow you away! But with the new year, I wanted to make some Skinny Banana Bread with the brown bananas on my counter calling my name. So I made this low fat and low sugar recipe! I wasshocked by how good it was! I mean, I guess it makes sense because the bananas keep the bread from getting dry.

This recipe doesn’t have much sugar in it. Usually banana bread has a ton, but I scaled it way back to keep it as healthy as possible. You won’t notice the fat being gone but you will notice it’s less sweet. It didn’t bother me at all but if you ever want some more sweetness after you bake it you can add a drizzle of honey! I liked the less sweet version because I had a slice of banana bread and some greek yogurt for breakfast and it was a great way to start out my day. Usually I eat banana bread and feel a little guilty…like I’m eating cake! But this Skinny Banana Bread is guilt free!

Healthy Banana Bread With Applesauce Recipe

As with any quick bread, the number one tip is to not over mix! If a recipe ever calls to add in chocolate chips, nuts, blueberries or anything at the end, always add it in before you’re finished mixing in the previous ingredient. For example, don’t wait to completely mix in your dry ingredients with your wet and then add in your walnuts and stir them in… that makes for more mixing than you need! Add in the walnuts when the dry ingredients are 75% mixed in! The more you stir, the tougher your bread will be, that’s why recipes and us bloggers always warn you about over mixing.

My next tip is about the bananas… make sure you’re ripe! The flavor changes as they ripen and those yellow peels with the brown marks make for the sweetest banana bread! If I have some bananas and I know I want to make bread in a few days, I’ll place them in brown paper bags to help speed up the process!

Healthy

I hope you enjoy my Skinny Banana Bread as much as I did! It’s a healthier version of one of my favorite things to make and I looooooved eating it. Though my husband stole the last 2 slices!! I

Best Paleo Banana Bread Recipe