Honey Oat Flour Bread Recipe

Absolutely nothing beats the taste and smell of homemade bread! This honey oatmeal bread is made with white whole wheat flour, honey, and rolled oats. The taste of this bread is far superior to store-bought bread. Once you try making it at home, you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff!

Can I be totally 100% real with you today and say that sometimes I have a really hard time deciding how much of my life to share with you on the blog.

-

I mean, sure I say things like, my kitchen looks like the Tasmanian Devil just ripped through my front door, sometimes. And we talk about how there are 3 dozen eggs in my refrigerator at any given moment now that I food blog for a living.

No Knead Honey Oat Bread

The stuff that life brings along to test us with. To see how strong we are. The kind of stuff that only bread making can cure. The glorious process that lets you just unplug from life, even if it’s just for a little bit. A little honey and a little butter always makes me feel better. I often can’t decide whether the stuff that goes on in my personal life is stuff that I should be sharing. The downs of life is what i’m talking about in particular. I try to keep the blog a positive place for us to get together a few times a week, cook and share a laugh. Okay, maybe you don’t laugh at some of the dumb stuff I do. Hopefully you at least give a light chuckle? Okay what about a snort. Honestly. I’m good with that. I’ll take it.

What i’m trying to say is that i’ve got a lot on my plate and I just need some good vibes sent my way, please.

Bread making. Do you love it or hate it? Though you may be one of those that hate the process, the outcome is always 120% delish.

Maple Oat Sourdough Sandwich Bread

I mean, is there anyone on the planet that absolutely doesn’t just LOVE the taste of homemade bread? And what about that smell. I’m telling you, the smell of this bread tormented me. I mean, I even resorted to watching episodes of The Vampire Diaries to help get my mind of it while the bread baked. And oh Mahhh gah. I just couldn’t wait for it to come out.

Shamelessly I sliced it hot, smothered butter and a little more honey on there and it.. was love… at first bite…? <– Okay that sounds like a line that’s more appropriate for The Vampire Diaries. Come to think of it, they may have even used it in one of the earlier seasons. But it totally applies to this bread too. It’s soft, and chewy, and warm, and comforting. All the things a good homemade honey oatmeal bread should be.

Homemade bread doesn’t have to be difficult to make. As long as you follow the step by step directions you should be fine. I do suggest reading the whole recipe at least twice before starting. I find doing that before hand really helps ensure you’re doing it right and guarantees success. You can’t buy the glorious bread smells that are about to come out of your oven. So make it for that reason alone.

No Knead Honey Oatmeal Bread

The first step for making this honey oatmeal bread is to figure out whether you live in humid weather or if it’s raining the day that you decide to make this bread. This bread is pretty straight forward to make, but keep in mind that if you answered yes to either of the above conditions you may need a little extra flour to bring this all together. Fear not. I’ll explain exactly how much and when to add it in.

What I really love about this bread is that there are no refined sugars — at all. And we’re using just 3 tablespoons of butter in the whole bread. Yup, you read that right. Along with that almost half the flour used in this bread is whole wheat flour. I used white whole wheat flour, but regular whole wheat flour would work just the same.

This is the easiest bread to make. That’s especially true if you’re a beginner at yeast breads. Trust me, you have to try this. Homemade honey oatmeal bread with honey and sprinkled oats on top. The texture is fluffy and chewy, yet sturdy enough for a sandwich. The crust, browned to perfection hearty and crunchy around the edges. Trust me, you won’t be removing the crust on 

Best Healthy Soft Seedy Sandwich Bread

If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and a comment below. You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #, I'd love to see what you made!

Bread & Baking Breakfast & Brunch Fall Baking active yeast all purpose flour Baking baking 101 bread bread making butter flour homemade honey honey bread honey oat bread honey oatmeal bread melted honey oat bread oatmeal bread scratch bread white whole wheat flour whole wheat flour yeast breadHoney oat bread made with spelt flour and rolled oats. This simple loaf can be made year round, and easily made vegan with maple syrup.

Whole

Honey and oat bread is a classic for good reason, and spelt flour adds even more flavour to this version. It’s one of the first breads I started baking when I was nine or ten, and has remained a solid favourite for homemade loaves over the decades.

No Knead Honey Oatmeal Artisan Bread

While people are sometimes a bit nervous about baking with spelt flour, it can be used very similarly to standard wheat. The biggest caveat is that you can’t knead or mix as much as with a higher gluten flour.

This makes a wonderful sandwich or toasting loaf and it’s a nice way to get some more whole grains in. There’s plenty of texture here and the honey adds a nice flavour element, which will change depending on the type of honey used.

Kneading time than normal wheat loaves, this particular recipe doesn’t need soaking time for the oats, either. Excellent flavour, not much work, win win.

Honey Oat Bran Bread

While some oat breads soak the oats beforehand, this recipe has been developed with dry oats in mind. It has a slightly higher hydration considering that oats will absorb more of that water than flour alone would.

The dough does rest for a few minutes before kneading, which allows the oats to absorb some of the water. If you skip this step, you’ll need to add too much flour when kneading and will have a tough bread.

Whole

If you want a sourdough version, please try this honey and oat sourdough bread. I haven’t tried making this one with an overnight method, but that sourdough recipe also proves overnight and offers a yeast option.

Honey & Oat Bread!

Storage: keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. This is a yeast bread and doesn’t last quite as long as sourdough.

Freezing: freeze the whole loaf, well wrapped, or do individual slices. Freeze for at least a month. It tends to dry out a bit after freezing for any longer but makes excellent toast.

If you make this Honey Oat Bread or any otherbread recipeson Occasionally Eggs, please take a moment to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It’s such a help to others who want to try the recipe. For more OE, follow along onInstagram, Facebook, andPinterest, purchase theOccasionally Eggs cookbook, orsubscribefor new posts via email.

No Knead Honey Oat Bread — Let's Dish Recipes

Serving: 1 slice Calories: 226 kcal Carbohydrates: 42 g Protein: 8 g Fat: 2 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g Sodium: 241 mg Potassium: 66 mg Fiber: 7 g Sugar: 5 g Vitamin C: 1 mg Calcium: 7 mg Iron: 2 mg

Nutrition is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate. If this information is important to you, please have it verified independently.

-

This post was originally published in August 2019. It has been updated with some improvements to the recipe as of March 2022.

Whole Wheat Honey Oat Bread

If you’re looking for approachable, seasonal vegetarian recipes, you’re in the right place! Occasionally Eggs is all about healthier plant based recipes that follow the seasons.Gluten-free honey oat flour bread made with just a few simple ingredients in only one bowl! No refined flour (oat flour only), butter or dairy!

Note #2: I love this recipe so much I also made a pumpkin version, zucchini bread, and a banana bread version, all with just oat flour! I also gathered some of the best oat flour desserts, so check them out here.

Happy Monday friends! How was your weekend? Mine was, um, interesting? Last week I worked non-stop around the clock from 5 am to 8 pm, and I still didn’t stay on top of everything I needed to do. I got almost all of it done but definitely not all.

Oat Flour Bread

I always prioritize my Hungry Hobby RD clients and my students, and then just try to get the rest done as best as possible. #letitbeenough

I had been sleeping 7 hours of sleep a night, but working continuously like that did eventually catch up with me. I basically spent Saturday sleeping, in between

Honey