Macadamia Nut Bread Recipe

This macadamia nut bread is buttery, fluffy and very versatile. Tastes just like traditional bread, and has a crusty outer layer and soft inside! Perfect for those following a gluten-free, grain-free, ketogenic, low-carb, Paleo or dairy-free lifestyle. 

I’ve made several bread recipes in the past, but none quite as tasty and close to a traditional load as this macadamia nut bread. This recipe definitely takes the cake (bread), when it comes to low-carb and gluten-free breads.

Hawaiian

This recipe was inspired by the lady in the documentary “The Magic Pill” who made a load of bread using ground macadamia nuts. I didn’t even know this was a THING. Once I saw how incredible her bread came out, I knew I had to try it.

Chocolate Banana Bread With Salted Macadamia Nuts

So I used the macadamia nut idea and decided to experiment a bit until I found the one I liked best. I believe the recipe in the documentary used a large amount of coconut butter. While I do like me some coconut butter, I tried to keep this recipe slightly more affordable. That stuff is upwards of $10 a jar, and you need copious amounts for a loaf of bread!

By the way, if you haven’t seen The Magic Pill, I do recommend it. It’s a cool introduction to the ketogenic diet, especially for those who don’t know much about it. At the time I’m writing this, it’s free on Youtube.

So as I mentioned above, the base of this recipe is ground macadamia nuts. I used 5 oz, which in my case is a whole bag. Simply grind them up in a food processor or blender until they form a nut butter.

Maui

Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Banana Bread

You can start adding in the eggs one at a time until there is enough liquid to blend it all up. Add in the rest of the eggs and blend until well-incorporated. Mix in the coconut flour, baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

Spray a bread pan and add in the dough. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the outside is nice and crispy. Allow to cool to room temperature.

Macadamia

I recommend storing at room temperature for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. Works perfectly with some butter at dinner time, or for breakfast with some peanut butter or jam!

Find Out Where To Get A Shareable Snack For Under $5 In Disney World!

If you give this macadamia nut bread a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!

Gluten

Nutrition Facts (per slice): 151 calories, 14 g fat, 4 g total carbs, 3 g fiber (1 g net carbs), 5 g protein

If you give this macadamia nut bread a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a recipe!

Gluten

Nutrition Facts (per slice): 151 calories, 14 g fat, 4 g total carbs, 3 g fiber (1 g net carbs), 5 g protein