Mini Zucchini Bread Recipe

Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves – a slice or two of these delicious, subtly spiced, little loaves is the perfect summertime treat.

I am so happy that zucchini season has arrived here in New England. I love zucchini in all sort of preparations — grilled, in salads, in egg dishes and, of course, in zucchini bread. Everyone in my family loves zucchini bread, especially my 7-year old son.

Spiced

A couple of months ago, my son’s allergy doctor recommended that my son eat a baked good, containing eggs, everyday for 6 months. You can read more about why he recommended this in my post for Lemon Buttermilk Mini Loaves, the gist of it being that I now have a great excuse to do a lot of baking, with my son’s preferences in mind.

Mini Zucchini Bread Muffins

One of the first things my son requested that I bake was zucchini bread. I’m delighted that we now have fresh zucchini available locally to make these delicious Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves.

I have made a number of different recipes for zucchini bread over the years, all of which typically include cinnamon. This time I wanted to add some additional spices, similar to those in my Spiced Pumpkin Mini Muffins, which are another of my son’s favorites. Thus in addition to cinnamon, I added nutmeg and cloves.

The resulting Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves, smell so good and taste delicious. The spices definitely come through, but in a nice subtle way and complement the zucchini beautifully. Both my son and my husband declared that this was the best zucchini bread I have ever made. So, this will definitely now be my go-to zucchini bread recipe.

Zucchini Bread Recipe

This recipe can be used to make either two 9×5-inch regular size loaves or five 5 3/4 x 3-inch mini loaves. I decided to make mini loaves, because I find mini loaves so cute and I love using my Wilton Mini Loaf Pans

Zucchini bread goes fast at my house. But, if for some reason we weren’t able to eat all of it soon enough, I find that it is easier to find room in my freezer for a couple of mini loaves, than it is to find room for a regular size loaf.

Mini loaves are also great for gift giving. These Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves would make great hostess gifts for summer parties, they would also be nice favors to give guests at the end of a dinner party.

Mini Carrot Apple Zucchini Bread

One of my favorite gifts to give is a pretty gift bag containing a mini loaf or two and a jar of jam, either homemade or from a farmer’s market.

-

A slice or two of these delicious Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves is wonderful at breakfast along with a cup of coffee. This fragrant zucchini bread also makes a great afternoon snack with a tall glass of iced-tea or lemonade.

Spiced Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves - a slice or two of these delicious, subtly spiced, little loaves is the perfect summertime treat.

Spiced Carrot Zucchini Bread

About 2 – 2 ½ medium size zucchini yields 2 cups grated zucchini. I remove the peel from the zucchini as my kids prefer it this way, but you can leave the skins on as long as they are tender. I use my food processor, fitted with the metal blade, to grate the zucchini.

You can also use this recipe to make two 9 x5-inch loaves, increase the baking time to about 50 minutes – 1 hour or until a tester inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out clean.Every Summer my Grandma would have a small garden; she only grew a few things because she didn't have much of a green thumb.

-

Throughout the Summer, Grandma would make loaves of her zucchini bread to give to family, neighbors, and she would always make sure to freeze some to have throughout the rest of the year. It was just the best.

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

I am not a big fan of using those large, overgrown zucchinis. I prefer to use a medium sized zucchini for baking.

I love creating vegan versions of my family favorite recipes from one I was a child. One of the recipes that I really wanted to veganized was my Grandma's Zucchini Bread recipe.

A few years ago, I finally created a version zucchini bread based on my grandma's recipe. It is now become a staple! It is such a delicious quick bread.

Mini

Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe (best Ever!)

I have tweaked the recipe from the original version just a tiny bit. The originally version called for eggs and since I wanted the bread to be vegan, I simply subbed two flax eggs.

The original recipe makes two standard sized loaves. Instead of baking the bread in two bread pans, I decided that it would be fun to create mini loaves, which are the perfect size for gift giving!

The flavors are perfect together and the brown sugar gives the bread a richer and deeper flavor profile than regular white sugar. The outcome is a tender and moist bread that no one will guess is vegan.

Homemade Air Fryer Zucchini Bread

It should last a few months stored in the freezer. When you are in the mood for zucchini bread, take a loaf out of the freeze and let it thaw at room temperature.

-

After grating the zucchini, I like to remove as liquid as possible. Place the grated zucchini in a tea towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Measure the zucchini after squeezing.