Coconut Flour Sourdough Bread Recipe

I return to make use of the coconut in a recipe and this time I bring in a format that I know you like very much, bread. Well, as you see, when I like an ingredient I use it to the satiety! Lately I really fond of coconut, should be the age … before I did not like too much and now I use it in everything. Like in this coconut sourdough bread.

Am I getting too old? The other day someone told me; – When you like marzipan, you’re already old! -… And I say, I love marzipan, for years. I was born older.

Coconut

You can imagine that I have made tons of bread, in fact I make bread weekly and I always make between 2-3 loaves. Not counting tin loaf and various whims, in bread format, that they have at home. Well this coconut bread is one of the ones I liked most of all I’ve tried. There have been many who have fascinated me and stayed home forever; like this orange and honey bread, seeds, two wheats, carrot bread or the basic I left you last week.

The Best Coconut Flour Banana Bread

These are the most normal and without “rare” ingredients, which I normally make at home to consume daily. I often alternate them and so do not get bored of them. Those of more “peculiar” flavors and strange ingredients, I usually take them (because I love to mix rare things in bread´s recipes) and I am not delicate for that type of mixes.

This coconut bread is not uncommon at all, in fact it is really easy to make. We use two types of flour very grateful and simple to bake; bread flour and semolina rimacinata. Both will not give you complications when it comes to making bread and the result, always, will be awesome.

It is a durum wheat variety that after grinding with rollers you get a flour of grainy texture, semolina flour. To achieve a finer flour, as rimacinata, goes through a conditioning of a fraction of this semolina and re-mechanization (hence the rimacinata), which achieves a much finer caliber.

Is Sourdough Bread Low Carb?

The final bread hydration is easy to work, a 64, 9% practically 65% hydration. So if you made the basic bread and everything went well, you can try this new recipe. The dough hydration will be get with water and coconut water.

Ideally would be to have real coconut water, which it is inside the coconuts, but this time has not been so. Instead I used the water I kept from the making of this coconut and lychees cake. Since I was only interested in the solid part to elaborate it and I did not want to discard the water, I decided to refrigerate it to hydrate a bread. We must take advantage of everything that comes into our kitchen.

I did not add the whole hydration of the bread with coconut water because it came from a commercialized coconut milk. When I read the ingredients I found sugars, which I do not know if they are added later… Since I did not want that could damage the final result, I used something less than half for the final hydration and rest with water.

Simple Sourdough Zucchini Bread

We must integrate it at the end of the kneading as if it was seeds. By having a somewhat rigid texture, it can interfere with the development of gluten if we add it from the beginning. Ideally you integrate it in the dough in batches, that way it will be much easier. And do not mistreat the dough, always do it with delicacy, without hitting it hard. If you give it affection it will return a glorious bread.

This time I have brought you a boule, a round bread. I do not know why this shape is valued less, it is true that until very recently, I did not usually do it. It seemed less attractive, simpler … I do not know. But now I have found its charm and I love it. It is true that when we shape this bread does not allow us to be as creative as with a batard, but where we can be creatives is scoring … What a world so immense opens us with these loaves!

I follow many bakers who make amazing scorings in loaves and, indeed, they have aroused an interest in me for them. In this case I followed a video of Nikolai Meling to score this bread. I found it absolutely beautiful, some leaves with a few spikes all over the surface … What I was not very clear was the final result. It is difficult to know how a bread will behave during baking because it depends entirely on how we have shaped it, tension throughout the surface and how we score it. It is important that cuts are balanced so that when the bread is expanded, does not have some kind of bean.

Simple Sorghum Sourdough Recipe

Here you can read how to make water yeast fruits or here how to make common sourdough (By the moment, both are only available in Spanish)

PRESERVATION: Bread can be stored for up 3-4 days cover with cotton cloth. If the beginning is dry, cut the first slice and inside will be still tender. You can cut the bread into slices, cover with plastic film and freeze. This way is the better to make perfect toast each morning. You can use the bread slice from the freezer and put into the toaster, they will be perfect 😉

The

The result is a bread with an extraordinary flavor … During baking it smells like coconut, but when we taste it, too. It is really wonderful.

I Call This The “better Poop” Bread. 50% Oatmeal, 10% Whole Grain Spelt, 10% Coconut Flour

Taste is not very intense enough to become uncomfortable, we will notice it subtly after every bite. And when you toast it … superb! Since I tried it for the first time, I’ve done it twice and it is been my breakfast for these last days. Try it and tell me!

Surely many of you are like me, you love candied cherries or Maraschino cherries, but it is not easy to access them in the latter case. In Spain, to buy...

Today I bring you the BEST cookie recipe in the world. No, that's not an exaggeration or a figure of speech. It is, literally, the best cookie I've eaten to...

Coconut Gluten Free Sourdough Starter Culture Bread Yeast — Positively Probiotic

Continue with the retro recipe saga and this time we give way to this wonderful elaboration, Flandango, pineapple flan pie. I know the name does not do it justice.......That’s where this keto bread recipe comes in. While a lot of keto-friendly bread is dense and crumbly, this sourdough is the opposite. It uses multiple leavening agents to achieve a moist, airy, chewy texture, with the perfect level of tanginess.

The trouble with these flour substitutes — and the reason so many keto breads are dense and dry — is that they don’t rise the way normal flour does. 

Keto

Coconut flour absorbs a lot of the moisture that would usually make bread rise, and almond flour is heavy, which makes it difficult to achieve a light, airy texture. 

Coconut Masala Chai Sourdough (spice Tea Bread)

This recipe addresses both of those problems. It uses psyllium husk to create chewiness and retain moisture, and three different leavening agents — egg whites, baking powder, and baking soda — to make sure the sourdough rises properly and doesn’t collapse under the weight of the flour. 

You can get psyllium husk in whole or powdered form, and the type you get actually makes a big difference when it comes to low-carb baking. You want to make sure you get whole psyllium husk — NOT pre-made psyllium husk powder. 

The psyllium husk powder is very finely ground, and has had a chance to settle during storage. It will end up making your bread flat and dense. 

Coconut Flour Yeast Bread

This seems like a small detail, but it makes a much bigger difference than you’d think when it comes to the bread’s final texture. 

Yes, you can. Normally, you make sourdough with a sourdough starter, which is flour that has been taken over by sourdough yeasts and lactic acid bacteria. 

Keto

In traditional sourdough, the yeasts and bacteria eat sugars in the flour, producing acid that flavors the sourdough and carbon dioxide (CO2) that makes the bread rise. 

How To Make Baby Coconut Bread (sourdough Recipe)

For sourness, you hydrate the dough with a combination of buttermilk and either sauerkraut juice or apple cider vinegar. Together, they make the perfect tangy sourdough flavor.

You can modify this sourdough recipe to suit your diet, or to make use of whatever you have in the pantry. Here are a few tips:

Make your own mayo. This sourdough calls for egg whites, which means you’ll be left with quite a few egg yolks. Don’t let them go to waste! Instead, whip them up into a delicious mayonnaise , then serve it with the low-carb sourdough bread, avocado, and some meat and cheese for a tasty keto meal.

Recipe: Sourdough Discard English Muffin Bread 2.0

This keto sourdough bread recipe takes under an hour to make and yields airy, delicious sourdough rolls that are perfect for keto sandwiches.

And if you’re new to the ketogenic diet, this complete beginner’s guide to keto has everything you need to get started today.Well it’s official. Actually it has been official for over a month but being the introverted lady that I am I have only recently felt ready to share. After a battery of blood tests I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease,

-