High Calorie Baby Food Bread Recipe

A list of 12 high-calorie breakfast ideas for toddlers. Ideas for adding healthy fats and calories to your toddler’s breakfast to help with weight-gain.

Are you struggling with breakfast and wondering: How can I add calories to my toddler’s diet? What are high-calorie breakfast foods for toddlers?

How

I’m a mom of two boys and am here to help! My toddler has been a slow gainer for most of his life, so I am always looking for ways to add extra calories and healthy fats to his diet to help him gain weight.

Low Calorie Banana Bread

Breakfast is a great place to add extra calories. Since it is the first meal of the day it is often one where you child is hungry and will eat a lot. They also might be a little more open to trying new foods since they are more likely to be hungry.

I’m sharing 12 high-calorie breakfast ideas for toddlers based on what my toddler actually eats throughout the week. These high-calorie foods are healthy choices for your toddler and great for the whole family.

Disclaimer: please consult your child’s pediatrician for advice on your child’s weight or any additional questions or concerns you may have. I am not a doctor, dietician, or nutritionist, but I am a mom of two who has a low-weight toddler and these are the meal ideas I personally use to help him gain weight.

Low Calorie Zucchini Bread

Healthy high-calorie foods for toddler include healthy fats, whole-milk dairy, whole grains, and high-calorie fruit. I normally try to serve at least one high-calorie food for my toddler at every meal, if not two or three.

Ingenuity Booster Seat: sitting at the table and sitting at the right height can make a world of difference in getting your toddler to sit through a meal. We love the Ingenuity booster seat. Its the perfect height and so durable and easy to clean.

Pillowfort Plates: these are our favorite plates. They have held up so well for more than a year and can go through the dishwasher and are microwave safe. We use them for every single meal!

High Calorie Foods For Kids: Helping Your Underweight Child Gain Weight

Dinneractive Utensil Set: my toddler just got these for his second birthday and he loves them! They make meal time so much fun and are extremely cute. They come with a fork and a spoon and are made in a few different colors.

5. Cream Cheese Pinwheels: pinwheels are a fun way to change up sandwiches or toast. Roll out a piece of bread and cut off the crust, spread with cream cheese (or avocado or nut butter), roll up tightly and cut into pinwheels. Side of diced peaches.

Hi there, I’m Jessica! I’m a mom of three sharing all of my toddler + little kid meal ideas to help you get through the week. No-frills, easy, and toddler approved meals and recipes! Follow along on Instagram @blog

Banana Bread For Babies And Toddlers

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Please click accept to accept the use of cookies and continue to this site.AcceptI've been making homemade pureed high calorie baby food for almost two years for my extremely picky eater son to supplement his diet and make sure he gets the nutrition and calories he needs. Let me share my baby food recipe and tips with you!

As always, please work with your doctor to determine what's best for your baby instead of solely relying on information you find online. I am not a nutritionist or a pediatrician, I'm just a mom sharing my experiences in the hopes of helping others.

If this is your first time here, you can read more about our story. But long story short, my son Elliot was not interested in table foods and for a while the only food we could get him to eat was pureed baby food. Baby food was also the only way we can get nutritious fruits and vegetables into him for the longest time.

Japanese Milk Bread Recipe

Elliot has been struggling to stay on the growth chart (read more about his struggle with weight gain), so I've had to make sure that every bite of food he eats has as much nutrition and calories as possible.

-

I've been making homemade high-calorie baby food ever since Elliot started eating pureed baby food. Even now that he is a toddler, I still make these pouches for him daily to make sure he gets lots of nutrients from different fruits, veggies, nuts, and healthy proteins that he otherwise doesn't eat on his own.

It was always a challenge getting Elliot to eat a whole meal in one sitting, so we needed to feed him the best calorie dense foods for babies.

Weight Gain Food For Babies,1 & 2 Year Baby Food Chart For Weight Gain

So I made baby food by pureeing fruits and vegetables (and a few other healthy high-calorie ingredients) in my beloved Blendtec blender.

The homemade baby food I make has about twice the calories of store-bought baby food spoon-for-spoon. Most store-bought containers and pouches have about 50-100 calories. The baby food that I make typically has 125 - 200 calories per pouch.

This means that even if Elliot decided he was done with food halfway through his meal, he would still be getting substantial calories from those few spoonfuls. Follow that up with some Cheerios or Goldfish crackers, or a bottle of milk if we're lucky, and I would consider that a successful meal.

Low Calorie Brown Bread

Click the image below to get access to the free printable PDF file with instructions for how to make your own baby food. You should still read all the detailed tips below, but these visual instructions are very useful to have in your kitchen so you can refer to them when needed.

Banana, avocado, healthy oils, baby cereal, and nut butters (once you get the OK from your doctor) are typically recommended high calorie foods for baby weight gain.

-

The formula below makes about 10 ounces of baby food puree, or about two large pouches. Keep reading below on more info on how to store the baby food, and for a printable recipe card with instructions on how to blend the baby food (what to add first, what to add last).

Top 10 High Calorie Foods For Babies

Luckily Elliot likes the banana flavor! I try to rotate through the other fruit and vegetable ingredients so that he is exposed to different flavors all the time and is always getting a variety of nutrients.

I try to throw in a vegetable in there whenever I can. Spinach is pretty inoffensive and unnoticeable in flavor (babies don't know that green = healthy!) so that's a good one to put into baby food.

You might need to start slow with adding some of these in, just because they will have an effect on the flavor of the purees. For example, my son only likes about a teaspoon or two of beets, avocado, or corn. Start little by little, and add more vegetables and less fruits over time to get your baby to eat more vegetables.

Indian Baby Food Recipes, 6 To 18 Months, Infant And Toddler Recipes

I always puree enough fruits/vegetables to make 2 large baby food pouches. Any more and I risk the food going to waste because Elliot doesn't finish it within 2-3 days.

I use these reusable pouches from ChooMeeto store the homemade baby food in the fridge and I absolutely love them. They are easy to wash with the same bottle brushes that I use to wash Elliot's bottles.

The reason I use pouches instead of containers is that the baby food stays fresh in the pouches for longer since it's exposed to less air. Reusable pouches are perfect for baby food that contains bananas, pears, and apples - fruits that turn brown when exposed to air.

-

Top Foods For 8 Month Old Baby

These pouches hold 5 oz of baby food - a bit more than store-bought food. At first, 5 oz was too much for Elliot, but now that he is a year and six months I can easily give him 5 oz of food at a time.

I also love using pouches because when Elliot decides to suck on the pouch he ends up eating more food faster. Usually he still prefers to be fed with a spoon and refuses to suck on the pouch, but the times that he

By the way: if your child is picky about textures of food, they might benefit from sensory play. I created a list of 52 different sensory activities, one for every week of the year. Many of the activities are geared towards picky eaters. Learn more about it and join us for a whole year of sensory play: 52 Weeks of Sensory

The Best Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

This baby food recipe has been working for us for almost a whole year now. That's not to say that Elliot eats a full pouch every time. Sometimes we still struggle getting him to sit in his high chair, or we might have to put on Elmo's World to distract him a little while eating.

But these homemade baby food purees are what helped Elliot gain weight. As he is growing and slowly trying new foods, he is eating less of them. But he still has one pouch per day, and it's a large portion of his calorie intake. On top of that, I am able to use the homemade baby food