Bread Recipes Granary

I adore baking bread at home, my favourite smell is freshly baked bread, especially when I can eat it. This recipe is super easy to make, and now that my house has a working oven again I can bake bread all of the time

I much prefer to bake it myself than buy it at the shop because of all the additives they put in their bread to make it last longer! There is nothing better than cutting a warm loaf of homemade bread and spreading a nice amount of butter on it – YES PLEASE!

Granary

You can easily mess around with the recipe slightly and use all granary flour, all wholemeal flour, a seeded flour, or even white flour – just as long as theweight is the same! I usually do a mix in mine as I like the flavour, and I find it lighter when there is some strong white bread flour inside it.

Mixed Grain/wholemeal/granary Loaf Recipe By Liz Osborn

I love making this recipe is a loaf tin as I can then slice the bread and use for toast, sandwiches or just slather a slice of two with butter. However, you can shape the bread however you wish – the choice is yours!

Usually, when someone mentions the word kneading, everyone hides away and its all too much! However, it really isnt that bad and I urge you to try this recipe because you will not regret it!

I use my stand mixer with the dough hook as I find it easier, but you can do it by hand if you prefer. In my stand mixer, kneading usually takes around 5 to 6 minutes – its that easy!

Granary

Hearty Seed Bread

I have a few more bread recipes on my blog to try such as honey and oat and soda bread – both of which will fill your home with the delicious smell of baking bread. OR – sweet bread anyone?! Sticky chocolate rolls, cinnamon rolls to name just a couple – fill your boots!

I love making sandwiches with homemade bread on a summers day and taking them along on my dog walk. But this bread also tastes amazing with a bowl of hot soup and a cosy film when the seasons change. Fresh, warm, homemade bread with lots of options on how to enjoy it – can lunchtime get any better?!

-

©Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.

What Is Granary Flour?

Welcome to my Kitchen! I’m Jane, a food writer, photographer and blogger. My goal with this blog is to give you the fun, laughter, confidence and knowledge to bake and cook whatever you fancy! Enjoy! x

How

Welcome to my Kitchen! I’m Jane, a food writer, photographer and blogger. My goal with this blog is to give you the fun, laughter, confidence and knowledge to bake and cook whatever you fancy! Enjoy! x

How