Quick Subway Bread Recipe

Perfect Homemade Subway Bread recipe, just like the restaurant. This recipes makes a perfect copycat loaf of Subway bread for sandwiches at home.

I love making homemade bread. It's easier than you think-try these simple bread recipes: Homemade Italian Bread, Easy Bread Sticks Recipe andMom's 4 Loaf Wheat Bread Recipe.

Easy

You guys, they turned out amazing! Really and truly. Plus, it wasn't all that hard to do. Next time I'm going to double the recipe so that I have some leftovers and I'm going to try to freeze them. Lucky for me, I found a jar of pickled banana peppers in the pantry too. My sandwich was half banana peppers and half everything else because those are my favorite thing ever.

Priya's Versatile Recipes: Eggless Homemade Subway Sandwich Bread

The homemade Subway bread was just perfect. It had a very soft crust (thanks to a little butter and letting them steam in a towel as they cooled) and a light middle, and it kind of smashed into nothing when you ate it. Just like the real thing. Sure, Subway is cheap, but it's pretty fun to make them at home. Your family will be shocked and amazed at your mad skills and you'll be able to put on as many banana peppers as your heart desires. Best deal ever!

Just top with your favorite sandwich toppings and a heavy hand of mayo and you'll have yourself something ridiculously close to an authentic Subway sandwich made at home. Even if you aren't craving Subway, this homemade Subway bread recipe is a great one to keep on hand for any future hoagie needs.

If you haven't ever made dough before, the goal is to add just enough flour for it to be a soft but not sticky dough. If you add too much flour, you'll end up with Subway bricks instead of bread.

Subway Bread Recipe

No stand mixer? This recipe can be made by hand, just be sure to knead itfor a full 8 minutes. That's a long time but developing the gluten helps the bread to be soft.

If you’ve tried thiseasyhomemadesubway bread recipeor any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget torate the recipeand leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me onInstagramso I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.

Perfect homemade Subway bread recipe, just like the restaurant. This recipe makes a perfect copycat loaf of Subway bread for sandwiches at home.

Recreating Subway's Italian Herb And Cheese Bread

Rubbing the loaves with butter and covering them with a towel to cool are part of what keeps them very soft, so be sure not to miss those steps.

NOTE: One of the awesome Bless this Mess readers, Kim, had great success using her bread machine to make this recipe. Since so many have asked about that I thought I would share her notes. Kim said that she let the bread machine run the full dough cycle (which is 1.5 hours long). After the cycle she shaped the loaves and let them rise for an hour before baking. Here's how Kim's homemade sub bun turned out:

Enjoy this perfect Homemade Subway Bread recipe, just like the restaurant. This recipes makes a perfect copycat loaf of Subway bread for sandwiches at home.

-

Subway Sandwich Bread

Take the hassle out of meal planning with: Dinner Made Easy,  a FREE 1 week meal plan with full shopping list, easy dinners, nutrition information, serving suggestions for each meal, and more!

Melissa is dedicated to helping parents figure out the nightly questions, What's for Dinner?! with her no-fuss approach to cooking. Read more...Once you have a Subway Bread Recipe that actually tastes like the Subway bread–you’ll make unlimited homemade subs with all your favorite toppings for a fraction of the cost! This Italian Herb and cheese topping can easily beomitted to make classic Italian Bread like Subways!

Subway bread isn’t the only choice to choose from when it comes to menu items! I’ve recreated my favorite sauce–Subway Southwest Chipotle Sauce for all the fans that love a good sandwich! And if your are not counting calories you need to try these Subway Peanut Butter Cookies to complete your meal!

Sourdough Italian Herbs & Parmesan (subway Style Bread)

Is Subway Bread really Bread? Yes! I used to work at Subway back in my teen years and we really had to proof and bake the dough! The dough came frozen and with the help of equipment, the frozen dough would transform into fluffy bread within a short time! Fast forward to today–I would’ve never thought after so many years I would recreate one of my all-time favorite bread! But it happened, I used the best of my bread baking skills and some ideas of how a real Subway roll should look to recreate this genius copycat!

The Subway bread types have narrowed down over the years but I must say if you have a good Italian bread recipe (the foundation) you can build any bread from there! For example, omit the Italian Herb and Cheese topping to make the plain White bread. If you want to make wheat bread use whole wheat flour and roll in oats for the 9-grain honey oat bread. It’s pretty simple to customize the toppings to just about any flavor of bread if you have the base down.

Homemade

However, even though Subway bread options are many, my favorite Subway Sandwich Bread is the Italian Herb And Cheese Bread! It’s just so aromatic and makes any sandwich taste 10x better! Just like my desire to recreate the Subway Southwest Chipotle Sauce, I was eager to recreate a grinder roll recipe like Subway’s! The addition of eggs and instant mashed potato flakes makes any bread recipe fluffier! Especially considering that these subs are homemade it is best to use a dough enhancer from ingredients that are easily available like eggs or mashed potato flakes. I’m a believer in simple ingredients but if you can grab some instant potato flakes please use them! (The bread will still turn out just won’t be as fluffy.)

French Bread (

Of course, Subway’s recipe is top secret since not even the employees would know, as the bread comes boxed and frozen. But with the help of listed ingredients right from the Subway nutrition section, I was able to get an idea of what Ingredients I needed. Furthermore, I knew I wanted to use a good amount of yeast as I did for my feather-light hamburger buns (a popular recipe) to create airy bread quickly.

The dried Italian Herbs came together after combining a few dried herbs and parmesan cheese. To my surprise it was AMAZING! I was literally whiffing my dried herbs to determine which flavors reminded me of a savory herb and cheese bread and to my surprise oregano and parmesan cheese did it! Italian seasoning blends weren’t doing it for me-it had to be seasoned right.

As a result, these sandwich rolls come together very quickly! Once you make the dough they only rise for about 10 minutes and then you shape them into 12-inch logs–spray them, dip them into the Italian herb mixture, score them, and then they rise one final time before they get sprinkled with freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese before they bake. If you add the grated cheese when the bread hasn’t risen yet it can weigh down the dough–remember these are super fluffy grinders, so it’s best to add it when they have tripled in size.

Subway Style Gluten Free Sandwich Rolls

This one was something I had to figure out on my own when my first attempt on this bread came out rather small. I started with 5-6 ounces of dough but that is more like a 6-inch in size. Upon my next batch, I looked at my dough quartered it into fours, cut off a piece, weighed it and it was 10 oz even! That looked like the right size to me and sure enough, every sub turned out perfect.

Subway

I made it even easier for the home cook because who wants to scale every bit of dough–unless you’re making a mass? I simply place my dough onto a work surface, cut it into 4 equal pieces, and each piece into 2 equal parts. Each piece should weigh about 10 ounces. You do not need to know Baker’s percentages to have successful results.Shall we bake some homemade Subway bread-like Subways?

Subway bread is one of the tastiest sub rolls for sandwiches! Baked fresh daily, these sandwich rolls come in different types of bread:

How To Make Homemade Whole Wheat Subway Bread Recipe

Making homemade grinder rolls is much more cost-efficient than buying a footlong at the Subway Restaurant! Each batch makes 8 footlong loaves that will feed 8-12 people easily! A footlong sub can cost as low as $7 for a plain cold cut like the black forest ham sandwich. That’s $56 for 8 footings! When you can make them at home for far less!

The healthiest Subway bread choices are Whole wheat rolls or a 9-grain Honey Oat due to the whole grains. You can select multi-grain flatbread if you wish but homemade bread from grains is the healthiest!

I prefer, Prairie Gold 100% Whole Wheat flour

-

Subway Bread Recipe (italian Herb And Cheese Copycat) (italian Herb And Cheese)