Vegan Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe

This Cranberry Orange Cake Loaf is a delicious festive treat. Made with cranberries and oranges for a fresh yet sweet loaf. So simple and easy to whip up for your next gathering.

I am a big fan of the cranberry and orange combination. I love how the sweet orange balances out the sweet tart cranberry. One thing that I love about this loaf is that you can taste the distinct cranberry and orange flavor but it does not overpower the cake loaf.

Favorite

After pouring your batter into the cake loaf pan, sprinkle the remaining (⅓ cup) cranberries and orange zest (1 tsp) on top of the batter. By doing this, it keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the cake loaf. The beautiful cranberries will be displayed on top of the loaf even after baking.

Cranberry Orange Bread

I like to garnish the top of my Cranberry Orange Loaf with dried oranges or an orange vanilla glaze. I found these beautiful dried oranges at Trader Joes. For the orange vanilla glaze I combined ½ cup powdered sugar, ⅛ tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp of orange juice. I whisked it all together and slowly add 1 tsp of dairy-free milk until it became the creamy smooth icing texture that I liked.

I found sifting the powdered sugar makes a less clumpy icing. If you do not have sifter just make sure to use your whisk to stir out those clumps. If you like your icing thicker add more powdered sugar. If you like it thinner add more dairy-free milk.

When you make this Cranberry Orange Cake Loaf I would love if you would snap a photo of your food and share it with me on instagram @. I can’t wait to see how you like it!

Vegan Bread Archives

This Cranberry Orange Cake Loaf is a delicious festive treat. Made with cranberries and oranges for a fresh yet sweet loaf. So simple and easy to whip up for your next holiday gathering.Moist and healthy, this easy Cranberry Orange Bread recipe is naturally vegan, made with fresh cranberries and orange juice, and is the best holiday breakfast or snack bread!

I’m currently working my way through a big bag of fresh cranberries and this is the second recipe of the season using cranberries. The first was this warm and delicious Apple-Cranberry Crisp.

Also, from the archives are these clean eating, no-bake Cinnamon Cranberry Energy Bites, and this Roasted Delicata Squash & Cranberry Salad, using fresh cranberries as well. So if you ever have a bag of cranberries on hand, you have a few great recipes to try out!

Vegan Orange Cranberry Cake

Here is a quick overview of the process with photos for reference. (Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)

Can I make this cranberry orange bread gluten-free? Absolutely! You can use any gluten-free flour blend or buckwheat flour, replacing 1 – 1 the amount of flour called for. I don’t recommend using coconut flour by itself, as it’s a tricky flour for vegan baking.

Can I freeze this quick bread?Sure thing! It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months if stored in a freezer-safe container or bag. Simply let thaw in the refrigerator before eating. Quick bread can also be stored, covered, on the counter for up to 3 – 4 days. Or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Keto Cranberry Orange Bread

Can I make muffins out of this quick bread recipe?Yep! Head on over to the Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffin recipe and give it a try. They are so delicious and portable!

Because you can never have too many quick bread recipes on hand. Try these other various bread for a change of pace!

-

If you try this easy quick bread recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.

Grandma's Cranberry Bread

Store, covered, on the counter for up to 3 days, or keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Also, you can freeze your bread, stored in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months, let thaw in the refrigerator.

*I left my cranberries whole, feel free to slice them in half. If using frozen cranberries, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for a few hours before using.

For the applesauce, if you don’t make your own, it’s so handy to have the store bought to-go cups on hand, pref. unsweetened. They are 1/2 cup serving size, making them the perfect size for this recipe.

Almond Flour Cranberry Orange Bread • Fit Mitten Kitchen

This bread will only get better the next day, once it’s had time to rest, it will moisten up and the flavor will greatly enhance. Also, it will slice much cleaner once completely cooled, but I know it’s so tempting to cut a slice right away, just know that it will not slice as clean and that’s normal.

I’ve made this recipe with King Arthur’s white whole wheat bread flour, as shown here, and it was perfect. Also, I’ve used whole spelt flour with great results as well.This vegan cranberry orange bread is moist, soft, delicious and easy to make in one bowl! Serve it with or without cinnamon streusel for a perfect breakfast, brunch or healthier dessert!

Vegan

When I’m craving something sweet, like a vegan loaf, bread or healthier cake, the recipe has to be quick and easy! I love it when you need only a few simple ingredients and no special kitchen equipment or blender. Just stir the ingredients together in one bowl. Then fill the batter into a baking pan, pop it into the oven and bake!

Favorite Cranberry Orange Bread (vegan)

As much as I enjoy to assemble a layer cake or a beautiful tart (preferably with homemade pastry), but sometimes I just want to make a simple vegan loaf or no-fuss bread. Of course, it should be soft, perfectly moist and as delicious as a sponge cake with healthy fresh fruit inside. To me, this is the perfect easy vegan dessert – minimum effort but maximum flavor!

When it comes to baking and I have absolutely no idea what I want to make exactly, I just grab the ingredients I have on hand and start spontaneously. At the moment I have many fall and winter fruits like apples, cranberries, oranges, clementines and tangerines at home. But I had also leftover red currants and pomegranate seeds that I used to decorate my Vegan Panna Cotta Tart.

Since I’ve already uploaded a recipe for Apple Blondies a while ago, followed by Mini Apple Pies and then an Apple Frangipane Tart, I came up with the idea of sharing another Cranberry Orange Bread this time! The recipe is actually pretty similar to my old Cranberry Cake Recipe but this bread is packed with orange flavor, almonds, and requires no flaxseed eggs!

Vegan Gluten Free & Sugar Free Cranberry Orange Bread

I mean, both cranberries and red currants are healthy and once baked in a sweet cake, bread or loaf, they are very delicious! Indeed, tart cranberries really make the perfect flavor in this orange loaf because they balance out the sweetness perfectly!

Since I’m also a big fan of almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, cashews, walnuts and just any kind of nuts, I’ve also added almond butter to the batter. But this is just an optional ingredient for a nutty flavor, so feel free to omit it. However, you can also add another kind of nut butter you like, such as peanut butter for peanut flavor or add some crunchy chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter.

Vegan

Start to whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, soda, salt, sugar) in a mixing bowl. In a measuring cup, stir together all wet ingredients (almond milk, coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange zest). Then pour the wet non-dairy milk mixture into the dry flour mixture and mix until just combined.

Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread

Finally, fold the cranberries into the batter. I chopped the cranberries, but you can also leave them whole if you prefer. Next, fill the batter into a lightly greased baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a parchment overhang on both sides, so you can easily lift the cranberry orange bread out of the pan after baking.

You can make the cranberry orange bread with or without the crunchy cinnamon streusel topping. Since the streusel comes together super quick and easy in only 3 minutes, I highly recommend making them! You can also prepare them ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use if you prefer. Anyway, I personally love a delicious streusel cake totally, so you’ll find also many other crumb cake recipes here on the blog.

I’ve already tried this recipe with oranges, clementines, and tangerines but I found out that there’s so significant difference in taste. So I’d say that you can use any of these citrus fruits. Optionally, you could also use store-bought orange zest or orange extract if you prefer. However, this Cranberry Orange Bread will be also delicious if using just a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or white vinegar to activate the baking powder and baking soda.

Best Ever Cranberry Orange Loaf

Instead of cranberries or red currants, you can