Bread Recipe No Yeast With Yogurt

This easy Naan Recipe without yeast is made with basic pantry ingredients for a show-stopping treat any night of the week. It's a super quick, soft and fluffy Indian flatbread best served warm to scoop up curries, kebabs and more.

Naan is one of those life luxuries that needs no introduction. It's a favorite when hubby and I are looking to splurge, and my girls go crazy for it!

Ingredient

Which is why I love this easy naan recipe with no yeast that can be made any time the craving strikes! We use it as the utensil to scoop up tasty curries, kebabs and tandoori tikka. And I know your family will love it too!

Naan Recipe No Yeast (with Yogurt)

Use this recipe for a no yeast naan, and make a pillowy soft plain or butter naan, or add a simple topping and transform it into garlic naan without yeast!

Naan is an Indian flatbread that is popular throughout the Indian sub continent. Traditionally it is cooked in a clay oven called

Fun fact: The word 'Naan' itself refers to a type of bread, therefore, calling it naan bread is technically not required. But even still, it is a popular custom in the United States and other parts of the world.

Easy Fluffy Flatbread (no Yeast)

I consider this instant naan because it's ready to cook in half the time it takes for a traditional naan recipe with yeast. This is mostly due to the fact that there is no waiting around for the yeast to activate and proof.

All it takes is a handful of pantry ingredients to make naan in your home kitchen! In addition to sugar, salt, water and olive oil, here's what you need:

It's so easy to make this recipe vegan by swapping out the dairy yogurt for a nut-based yogurt such as cashew or almond milk yogurt.

Homemade Rolls Without Yeast

There is also the option of coconut yogurt (which makes it nut free!), but this will impart a slightly sweet coconut flavor.

This homemade naan recipe is pretty versatile. My girls like the plain butter version, but hubby and I enjoy the extra finesse of garlic naan. This instant naan recipe is best used in the following ways:

When I have some leftover naan in the fridge, I use it as the base for pizza. Here are two personal favorites - Paneer Naan Pizza and Keema Naan Pizza!

Easy No Yeast Naan » Little Vienna

Freezer: Place in a plastic freezer storage bag with squares of parchment between each piece, push out all the air, label, date and freeze for up to 1 month.

Reheat: Place in a 350 degree oven or preheated skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until warmed through. There is no need to thaw the naan from frozen, just add a few minutes to the reheating time.

If you do not want to use yeast or baking powder, there needs to be the right balance of baking soda and acid to achieve a proper rise. The general rule of thumb - use ¼ teaspoon baking soda for every 1 teaspoon baking powder and add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to the recipe.

World's Best No Yeast Bread

This easy no yeast Naan Recipe is a super quick and makes soft and fluffy Indian flatbread best served warm to scoop up curries and chutneys.

Note: The nutrition facts below are my estimates based on 6 large naan. If you are following any diet plan, I recommend cross-checking with your preferred nutrition calculator.

Calories: 217 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 474 mg | Potassium: 136 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 140 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 52 mg | Iron: 2 mg

-

Easy Homemade Bread (no Yeast)

A foodie by birth and the mind, body and soul behind Spice Cravings where I share my family's favorite easy recipes! A recipe doesn't make it on the blog unless it gets a thumbs-up from my taster-in-chief and teen-chefs - my husband and twin girls!I loved the naan bread recipe I previously posted but I think I am even more in love with this new Easy No Yeast Naan Bread recipe I have created. So I thought it’s time for an update.

It’s also very simple to make but I think it’s much softer and lighter. For this Easy No Yeast Naan Bread recipe I did not use Greek yogurt.

This Easy No Yeast Naan Bread makes the lightest, fluffiest naan bread and the bonus is you can have naan bread anytime you wish, because it’s that simple to make. It’s soft and slightly chewy, exactly like naan bread should be.

Plain Flour Bread Recipe (bread Without Yeast)

You can pop some of your favourite toppings on the naan bread and you can have pizza too. It’s so good you will defintely make them over and over again.

I love keeping my recipes simple with ingredients we have at hand. I hate it when recipes call for all sorts of exotic ingredients and I have to rush off to the shop to get them.

As I am getting older I think I appreciate keeping life as simple as possible. I am enjoying my time at home and the uncomplicated life we have.

Gluten Free Bread With Yogurt • Bakerita

Naan Bread has become so popular that I think everyone has their own favourite recipe. Of course, it’s always a winner when served with an authentic Indian curry.

You can make flatbread, naan bread and pizza with this dough. It’s my favourite recipe for now and everyone thinks I’ve put loads of effort into making them.

Easy

Don’t we love it when we don’t have to rush to the shops to buy ingredients. Well this is one of those recipes that uses basic pantry staples.

Quick Naan Without Yeast Recipe

There’s nothing complicated about this naan bread and you don’t need to be a skilled baker. All the dry ingredients are mixed together, you then add the liquids and form a soft dough.

The dough will be really sticky at first but as you knead, for at least 5 minutes it becomes less sticky. Do not be tempted to add more flour.

You then rub some oil on the dough. Grease a bowl with some oil, place the dough in the bowl and rest for 30 minutes.

Easy, Flaky No Yeast Flatbreads

My shaped were about 15cmx25cm and it was perfect. You then toast them on a non-stick pan until it bubbles on one side.

I hope you get to try this recipe and if you do please drop me a comment and a star rating. It is always appreciated.

Hi Lorraine. Absolutely love your blog! it has become my daily go to, my husband is still trying to figure out how my cooking went from very average to quite good, I'm yet to tell him my tamarind and thyme secret lol.

No Yeast Yogurt Flatbread

I've tried your roti and puri recipe with great success on first attempt however I'm struggling with the naan. if you're able to upload pictures of your dough the next time you're making them, that would be great!

No

Hi Lorraine, This looks super easy for rushed afternoons, will definitely be trying it. I tried the yeast version over the weekend and my family loved it.

Hi! It is usually 1 cup of self-raising flour and about 1/2 cup of greek yogurt. Any plain yogurt can actually work too. However, please do not add all of the yogurt at once. Add enough to create a soft dough, shouldn't be sticky.The recipe can be doubled.

Gluten Free Soda Bread Recipe (no Yeast!)

Hi Valencia! No I did not use any oil or butter on the pan as it was non-stick. Yes you can make it the oven although I prefer the stovetop.

Hi Lorraine, thank you. Love this recipe, I have tried it and prefer it rather than using yoghurt I used milk which works well. I wanted to check if I could use self raising flour instead of all purpose flour this time around.

Hi Maggie! Yes you can use self-raising flour. I am not sure if you have tried the 2-ingredient dough, it requires just self-raising flour and yogurt. That's also worth a try for those busy days. Take Care:-)I made this no yeast naan recipe about a year ago and totally forgot about it. I made it again and OMG! This is so fluffy and comes together in under 30 minutes!

Easy Flatbreads (no Yeast)

This easy and fast yogurt naan bread is a great addition to serve next to your favorite soup or curry. The ingredients are so basic and simple, you can never go wrong with them.

Let me tell you how shocked I was when I made it the first time. Honestly, I didn't expect this to be delicious at all. The dough doesn't look very smooth, but when you cook it, magic happens.

Since I discovered this recipe, I made this no yeast naan bread so many times. It's pretty similar to pita bread and takes no time to make and so little effort compared to yeasted naan or bread making.

Ingredient

Easy Greek Yogurt Honey Soda Bread (no Yeast, No Knead)

Before you start to make this 3 ingredient flatbread recipe, measure and prepare your ingredients so the cooking process will go smoothly and easily.

Yogurt- the second ingredient in this recipe is yogurt. Any kind of unsweetened yogurt will work great. We used