Taro Bread Recipe For Bread Machine

Taro rolls are a Hawaiian twist on your classic dinner roll. Slightly sweet, light, and fluffy purple bread. An easy recipe that makes a great side dish.

If you love Portuguese sweet bread, then you are going to love this recipe. Sweet dinner rolls flavored with the staple food of Hawai’i, taro, and baked to perfection.

-

The vibrant purple hues give this taro bun a gorgeous color to pair with it’s great taste. Eat it fresh out of the oven with a little bit of butter and it can’t be beat.

Easy Tuscan Herb Bread In The Bread Machine

It goes perfectly as a side dish with so many of your favorite dishes. And best of all it’s a simple recipe.

Taro or kalo is a root vegetable that is the staple of Native Hawaiian cuisine. It can be steamed or boiled and eaten as is or mashed and water added to make poi. It has a plain starch-like flavor.

Serving: 1 g Calories: 266 kcal Carbohydrates: 45 g Protein: 5 g Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 29 mg Sodium: 131 mg Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 14 g

Taro

Farm Fresh Feasts: Overnight Sweet Potato Pecan Monkey Bread

Keyword baking, bread, bread recipe, dinner rolls, dinner rolls recipe, easy recipe, Hawaiian food, homemade, kalo, keeping it relle, rolls, side dishes, taro, taro bread, taro bun, taro rolls

Did you make this recipe? Share a photo and tag @keeping.it.relle on Instagram so I can see all your delicious creations and Let me know how it was!

Asian

© Relle Lum for Keeping It Relle. Please do not copy and paste or screenshot recipes online or on social media. I’d love it if you share a link with a photo instead. Mahalo!

Punalu'u Bake Shop Taro Sweetbread & Malasada Mix — Snack Hawaii

Aloha, my name is Relle and welcome to my little home on the internet where I like to share all my favorite Hawaiian recipes (and local ones too). I am a wife, mom of two, and nurse practitioner here in the beautiful state of Hawai’i. I was born and raised in Hawai’i and I am of native Hawaiian descent. In my spare time I love to cook and bake and I have compiled many of my favorite recipes here for you to enjoy. More posts by this author.

-

Aloha, my name is Relle and welcome to my little home on the internet where I like to share all my favorite Hawaiian recipes (and local ones too). I am a wife, mom of two, and nurse practitioner here in the beautiful state of Hawai’i. I was born and raised in Hawai’i and I am of native Hawaiian descent. In my spare time I love to cook and bake and I have compiled many of my favorite recipes here for you to enjoy. More posts by this author.

-