Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe Easy

Healthy Banana Bread is my forever faithful friend. I’ve made this recipe dozens of times over the years. Whatever my mood or motivation, it comforts me in the most genuine, judgment-free fashion, the way a true friend does.

You may find yourself subconsciously stockpiling bananas, just so they can turn spotty and you have a new excuse to whip up a loaf.

-

While I’ve certainly baked my share of different banana breads (Pumpkin Banana Bread, Zucchini Banana Bread, and Paleo Banana Bread, Banana Oatmeal Muffins are but a few) when I’m craving a simple, classic banana bread recipe, this one is my go-to.

Easy Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe

Of course, if you feel the urge to turn it into a healthy chocolate banana bread with chocolate chips, or go the banana nut route with walnuts, I certainly won’t stop you.

5 Star Review “This was THE best banana bread I’ve ever made! Definitely a redo in our household. Thank you for this amazing recipe!” — Nat —

This healthy banana bread recipe is good for you and made with nutritious ingredients, but it doesn’t sacrifice the pure comfort you long for when you reach for a slice.

Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread

You can enjoy it for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or try warm it in a toaster oven, then top with a scoop of Banana Ice Cream for dessert.

You can swap the maple syrup in this banana bread for the same amount of honey. The honey will make the bread look darker, since it caramelizes more intensely as it cooks, but the bread will taste delicious.

Banana bread can be undercooked easily, and unfortunately, once the loaf has cooled, even if it is gooey in the middle you cannot put it back into the oven.

Low Fat Banana Nut Bread

Cut your leftover bread into slices and individually wrap in plastic wrap before freezing. Then, you can thaw and enjoy slices as desired for a quick treat.

No, almond flour cannot be swapped for regular flour, as the two have completely different weights, fat contents, and baking behaviors. Check out my tasty Almond Flour Banana Bread instead.

While some banana breads are high in sugar and fat (why banana bread is so high in calories), this healthy banana bread is good for you. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients like whole wheat flour, egg, Greek yogurt, and bananas. Plus, this recipe proves you can use less sugar in banana bread by swapping in some maple syrup.

Skinny Banana Bread (low Sugar + Low Fat)

While we love this as a healthy banana bread with whole wheat flour, it will work just as well with all-purpose flour. Simply swap the whole wheat flour for an equal amount of all-purpose flour, or do a 50/50 blend.

This easy, healthy banana bread is the best! Moist, fluffy, and ultra delicious. Made with yogurt and whole wheat. So yummy and good for you!

Serving: 1 slice (of 10) Calories: 190 kcal Carbohydrates: 35 g Protein: 4 g Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 17 mg Potassium: 204 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 17 g Vitamin A: 46 IU Vitamin C: 3 mg Calcium: 41 mg Iron: 1 mg

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe (low Calorie)

Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!Want to make someone’s day? Bake them some banana bread! Just yesterday, I said, “I’m going to bake some banana bread, ” and watched a full-grown man’s eyes light up like a kid’s on Christmas morning.

Skinny

Banana bread is one of those classic, all-American comfort food recipes that fills the whole house with warmth and makes everything better. Banana bread is

I perfected this banana bread recipe for my cookbook and wanted to share with you here. This recipe has all the hallmarks of classic banana bread—it’s fluffy, moist, infused with sweet banana flavor, and beloved by toddlers and adults alike.

Best Banana Breads

As you can see, my homemade banana bread has plenty of redeeming qualities, chief being that it won’t send your blood sugar levels for a loop. You can keep them all to yourself, though. No one will be able to tell that this is healthy banana bread!

This recipe is flexible! Any of the following flours will work well. I love to use white whole wheat flour and whole wheat pastry flour—they offer all the whole wheat nutrients, without the characteristically nutty flavor.

Want to make your banana bread with almond flour? You sure can, but it’s not a simple substitute, so follow my almond flour-based banana bread recipe instead.

Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread {dairy Free Option}

For best results, it’s important to measure your flour properly. Here’s how to measure flour in cups using the “spoon and swoop” method:

Now that I’ve finally perfected this basic banana bread, feel free to change up this recipe and make it your own. Toss some chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter! Same goes for chocolate chips. You could also add raisins, chopped dried fruit or slices of bananas.

Healthy

Following a special diet? With a couple of minor tweaks, you can make this bread vegan (so dairy free and egg free, too) or gluten free. Check the recipe notes for details.

Easy Healthy Banana Bread

With this healthy banana bread recipe, you’re only a few simple ingredients away from the best banana bread ever! It’s made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. You can easily make this banana bread vegan or gluten free—check the recipe notes for details. Recipe yields 1 loaf (about 10 slices).

Storage suggestions: This bread is moist, so it will keep for just two or three days at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator for five to seven days, or in the freezer for up to three months or so. I like to slice the bread before freezing and defrost individual slices, either by letting them rest at room temperature or lightly toasting them.

*Oil options: I love coconut oil here. I used unrefined coconut oil and can hardly taste it in the final product. Olive oil might lend an herbal note to the muffins, if you’re into that (I tested with California Olive Ranch’s “Everyday” variety and couldn’t even taste it). Vegetable oil has a neutral flavor, but the average vegetable/canola oil is highly processed, so I recommend using cold-pressed sunflower oil or grapeseed oil if possible.

Healthy Banana Bread

**Flour alternatives: In place of the whole wheat flour, you can use an equal amount of all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Or, substitute 2 ½ cups oat flour.

Make it vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey, replace the eggs with flax eggs and choose non-dairy milk (I used almond milk) or water.

Make it lower in fat: I would argue that this bread contains a healthy amount of fat, but you can replace the oil with applesauce if you’re following a low-fat diet.

-

Ridiculously Easy Banana Bread

If you love this recipe: You will also love my banana muffins,  banana cake with cream cheese frosting,  healthy pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins. Here are all of my baked goods and banana recipes.

The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full nutrition disclosure here.

Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #.

Easy Healthy Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe

Subscribe to our email newsletter! As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. (It's all free.)

© Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2024. All rights reserved. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC.Your favorite dessert bread now made with less sugar and fat, and you won’t taste the difference! This Skinny Banana Bread recipe will be your new go-to!

I was skeptical. I have a banana bread recipe I’m obsessed with. It’s better than Starbucks’ and when I make it with walnuts its better than any cake on the block! I don’t brag about many things, but that recipe will blow you away! But with the new year, I wanted to make some Skinny Banana Bread with the brown bananas on my counter calling my name. So I made this low fat and low sugar recipe! I wasshocked by how good it was! I mean, I guess it makes sense because the bananas keep the bread from getting dry.

Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe

This recipe doesn’t have much sugar in it. Usually banana bread has a ton, but I scaled it way back to keep it as healthy as possible. You won’t notice the fat being gone but you will notice it’s less sweet. It didn’t bother me at all but if you ever want some more sweetness after you bake it you can add a drizzle of honey! I liked the less sweet version because I had a slice of banana bread and some greek yogurt for breakfast and it was a great way to start out my day. Usually I eat banana bread and feel a little guilty…like I’m eating cake! But this Skinny

Healthy