Whole Wheat Oat Bread Recipe

Sometimes I like to wear high heels because it makes me feel fancy (this happens approximately once a year, though, maybe twice if a wedding is involved). Sometimes I buy and then eat expensive cheese because it feels like something fancy people do. Sometimes I get dressed and wear makeup and put on jewelry at home even when I know I’m not going out that day, for the fanciness of it (again, this happens approximately once a year, maybe twice).

And sometimes I make my own sandwich bread because it’s fancy without the fuss — and there’s food involved. My favorite kind of fancy.

Whole

If you’re an oatmeal bread lover or a whole wheat bread lover or a bread lover in general (which is probably why you’re here in the first place, hi hello), you’re going to love this bread. It’s a classic sandwich loaf through and through — light and fluffy, but dense enough to rock a grilled cheese or a PB & J or a deli sandwich or jammy toast. The flavor is mild but it doesn’t taste like air, either — it’s subtly sweet with an earthy undertone, thanks to that whole wheat action. And the oatmeal is da best addition — gives it just a hint of texture and a flavor boost. I mean, really, this sandwich bread is fancy.

Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread With Oats And Pecans

It’s also, as I said, fuss-free: As in, I made it first thing in the morning and by lunchtime, I had warm, fresh-baked bread ready for the munching. And while it requires a teensy bit o’ patience (as all good breads do), it’s worth every minute of the wait. Must I remind you of the end result, a warm, fresh-baked bread ready for the munching? I thought not.

And oh, check it: I thought this bread would be the perfect segue for my next video! If you’re a baker, you probably know that not all flours are created equal. So what the heck is the difference between bread flour, all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour (the main players in my kitchen) anyway? Since all three can play a role in this bread, this video helps you sort it out:This Whole Wheat Honey Oat Bread is the perfect healthy, hearty, sandwich bread and easy enough for any new bread baker to make!

Haaapppyyyy New Year, friends! How's everyone doing with their resolutions so far into this first week of the New Year? Although I didn't really set any this year, after the success of this Whole Wheat Honey Oat Bread, I'm taking that as a hint that I need to resolve to make more breads and

Whole Wheat Oat Bread Recipe

My husband is usually the bread baker in our house. He's the Dan behind Dan's Como Bread. He knows all about hydration levels and proper kneading techniques, etc. I, on the other hand, I've got our No Knead Rosemary Garlic Breadand No Knead NY Deli Rye Bread down. Can you guess why? That's right. I'm a lazy bread maker. I will eat the hell out of all of the delicious and complex bread my husband will make, but when it comes to making it? I leave that to him. That's why I love this recipe so much. It's practically a no knead recipe.

Step 1: Prep your dry ingredients in a large bowl and then add your activate your yeast by adding warm milk, honey, and water in a bowl of a stand mixer.

Step 4: Add dough to a well-greased loaf pan and then let it rise again in the loaf pan and sprinkle on a few more oats.

Soft & Delicious Whole Grain Seed Bread • Crafting My Home

This bread is the perfect sandwich bread. It's a little dense and has a nice soft chewy center with just a touch of sweetness from the honey.

Happy New Year of more fresh-baked bread, friends! If you decide to give this recipe a try, be sure to share it with me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!

Calories: 230 kcal | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Protein: 8 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 513 mg | Potassium: 189 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 145 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 47 mg | Iron: 1 mgAbsolutely nothing beats the taste and smell of homemade bread! This honey oatmeal bread is made with white whole wheat flour, honey, and rolled oats. The taste of this bread is far superior to store-bought bread. Once you try making it at home, you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff!

-

Honey Whole Wheat And Oat Sandwich Bread

Can I be totally 100% real with you today and say that sometimes I have a really hard time deciding how much of my life to share with you on the blog.

I mean, sure I say things like, my kitchen looks like the Tasmanian Devil just ripped through my front door, sometimes. And we talk about how there are 3 dozen eggs in my refrigerator at any given moment now that I food blog for a living.

The stuff that life brings along to test us with. To see how strong we are. The kind of stuff that only bread making can cure. The glorious process that lets you just unplug from life, even if it’s just for a little bit. A little honey and a little butter always makes me feel better. I often can’t decide whether the stuff that goes on in my personal life is stuff that I should be sharing. The downs of life is what i’m talking about in particular. I try to keep the blog a positive place for us to get together a few times a week, cook and share a laugh. Okay, maybe you don’t laugh at some of the dumb stuff I do. Hopefully you at least give a light chuckle? Okay what about a snort. Honestly. I’m good with that. I’ll take it.

Honey Oat Bread

What i’m trying to say is that i’ve got a lot on my plate and I just need some good vibes sent my way, please.

Bread making. Do you love it or hate it? Though you may be one of those that hate the process, the outcome is always 120% delish.

Whole

I mean, is there anyone on the planet that absolutely doesn’t just LOVE the taste of homemade bread? And what about that smell. I’m telling you, the smell of this bread tormented me. I mean, I even resorted to watching episodes of The Vampire Diaries to help get my mind of it while the bread baked. And oh Mahhh gah. I just couldn’t wait for it to come out.

Moist Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe

Shamelessly I sliced it hot, smothered butter and a little more honey on there and it.. was love… at first bite…? <– Okay that sounds like a line that’s more appropriate for The Vampire Diaries. Come to think of it, they may have even used it in one of the earlier seasons. But it totally applies to this bread too. It’s soft, and chewy, and warm, and comforting. All the things a good homemade honey oatmeal bread should be.

Homemade bread doesn’t have to be difficult to make. As long as you follow the step by step directions you should be fine. I do suggest reading the whole recipe at least twice before starting. I find doing that before hand really helps ensure you’re doing it right and guarantees success. You can’t buy the glorious bread smells that are about to come out of your oven. So make it for that reason alone.

The first step for making this honey oatmeal bread is to figure out whether you live in humid weather or if it’s raining the day that you decide to make this bread. This bread is pretty straight forward to make, but keep in mind that if you answered yes to either of the above conditions you may need a little extra flour to bring this all together. Fear not. I’ll explain exactly how much and when to add it in.

Irish Oatmeal Bread By The Redhead Baker

What I really love about this bread is that there are no refined sugars — at all. And we’re using just 3 tablespoons of butter in the whole bread. Yup, you read that right. Along with that almost half the flour used in this bread is whole wheat flour. I used white whole wheat flour, but regular whole wheat flour would work just the same.

Whole

This is the easiest bread to make. That’s especially true if you’re a beginner at yeast breads. Trust me, you have to try this. Homemade honey oatmeal bread with honey and sprinkled oats on top. The texture is fluffy and chewy, yet sturdy enough for a sandwich. The crust, browned to perfection hearty and crunchy around the edges. Trust me, you won’t be removing the crust on 

If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and a comment below. You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #, I'd love to see what you made!

Buttermilk Oatmeal Bread Recipe

Bread & Baking Breakfast &