Banana Bread Recipe Using Quinoa Flour

This Quinoa Bread is a healthy banana bread that bakes up and results in the most amazing and moist loaf! Bread so tender, perfectly moist, and packed with flavor, this is an even healthier version of the classic recipe that's going to wow your tastebuds!

Who would have thought that Quinoa Bread could be so tasty? I have been a big fan of Banana Bread since I was a little girl. I remember going out and picking fresh walnuts from my great grandmother's walnut tree in her backyard just so we could crack them open and get out the fresh nut to put in a fresh batch of nanny's banana nut bread. Talk about amazing childhood memories.

Quinoa

I still love my nanny's recipe today, but enjoying healthier versions of banana bread is hard to come by. And that's where this Quinoa Bread comes into play.

One Banana Banana Bread

I'm on a quinoa and flaxseed kick right now, so I'm creating more and more recipes with those ingredients all the time, like these Protein Quinoa Bites. I've never combined quinoa flour with a flaxseed meal before, so I decided to take the typical banana bread recipe and turn it into a simple healthy banana bread recipe!

Before we go any further, this is not a sandwich bread recipe. This is a banana bread recipe made with quinoa flour and a flaxseed meal.

Another thing you need to know is that this is a gluten-free banana bread because quinoa is naturally gluten-free. Quinoa flour recipes are becoming more and more popular because it's extremely versatile in gluten-free baking and it contains protein, fiber, and other vitamins and minerals.

Quinoa Bread With Golden Raisins & Rosemary, Gluten Free

I also use flaxseed meal in this recipe. It's high in fiber, as well as contains a high amount of protein. It also contains omega-fatty acids. Flaxseed meal has a natural nutty taste, so it's the perfect partner ingredient for a loaf of quinoa flour-based banana bread recipe.

Let's take a look at the players in this recipe. Quinoa is considered a superfood and when you grind it into flour, it's perfect to use when making breads, pastries, and desserts.

Notice there is no sugar in the list of ingredients above. Honey and bananas are natural ingredients and take the place of white and brown sugar in this recipe, which makes this a low-sugar banana bread. And you'd never know the difference. This is also a low-calorie banana bread.

Quinoa Banana Bread (gf)

Because I want you to love this recipe as much as I do, I’ve included step-by-step instructions on how to make this. You're going to start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set it aside.

In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas. I use a handheld masher. It works amazingly well. Once mashed, add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and honey. Using a standing or electric mixer, mix on medium speed until all the wet ingredients are well combined.

Now it's time to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add the wet banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Using the paddle attachment on a standing mixer, combine the ingredients on low speed for 1 minute. If you don't have a standing mixer, use a large spoon to fold the wet and dry ingredients until mixed.

Vegan Quinoa Flour Pancakes {gf, Oil Free}

Once the ingredients are well combined, pour the batter into the prepared pan. The batter will only fill up about half of the loaf pan. Don't worry, it will rise while baking. Bake for 27-30 minutes until done. Expert Tip -

The bread will turn a beautiful golden brown when it's done, so that will be a good gauge to let you know when you should remove it in those last minutes of baking.

-

It is so important to let the quinoa bread loaf completely cool before removing it from the loaf pan. I wait at least 45 minutes to ensure it has cooled. The benefit to letting it cool is that the loaf stays perfectly in place. No crumbles!

Quinoa Banana Bread Recipe

After I remove the bread from pan, I place it on a wire cooling rack and let it sit about 10 more minutes before I slice it. I like to slice it into ¼ inch thick slices. Add some butter and honey and enjoy!

This easy banana bread recipe is best warm. I ate 3 pieces...I just couldn't stop myself! The moisture in this loaf was like cake, but the difference is I didn't feel guilty eating that many slices because of all the nutritional benefits.

I am a lover of bread and I think you'll really like some of my recipes here. If you're looking for a healthy breakfast muffin, you'll love my Acorn Squash Muffins. The moisture is out of this world! My Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are also great for breakfast, but I enjoy them as a dessert. These Carrot and Zucchini Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting are also delicious and healthy and great for a snack or dessert!

Banana Flour Bread

If you're looking for more bread loaf recipes, check out my Zucchini, Carrot and Apple Olive Oil Cake and Lemon Blueberry Bread!

If you make this recipe and love it, give it a star review! Also, snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on Instagramusing the hashtag # and tagging me @.

Quinoa

Remember tosubscribe to my newsletterto receive new recipe notifications. Follow Recipes Worth Repeating onFacebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Twitterfor all of the latest updates, recipes, and content!

Vegan Banana Bread (easy + Healthy)

This Quinoa Banana Bread is a healthy banana bread that bakes up and results in the most amazingly and moist loaf! Bread so tender, perfectly moist, and packed with flavor, this is an even healthier version of the classic recipe that's going to wow your tastebuds!

Serving: 1 g | Calories: 154 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 41 mg | Sodium: 368 mg | Potassium: 265 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 88 IU | Vitamin C: 4 mg | Calcium: 48 mg | Iron: 1 mg

Hi! I'm Amanda, the founder and creator behind Recipes Worth Repeating! Simply put, I focus on creating delicious recipes for everyone. I offer variety. I offer convenience. I offer yumminess! And that's why people keep coming back. The recipes I create are absolutely worth repeating.

Soft, Fluffy Yeast Quinoa Bread (gluten Free, Dairy Free)

Founded in 2012, Recipes Worth Repeating grew from people routinely asking me to email them the recipe for my latest dish. Recipe development comes naturally to me and I find cooking relaxing. Originally from Nashville, Tennessee, I developed a passion for cooking at an early age and I love to showcase a variety of recipes on my blog.Creating delicious new recipes, still photography, and video for Recipes Worth Repeating is the driving force behind what engages my readers to keep coming back for more recipes they will love.This quinoa flour banana bread recipe is my first creation and I have to say it turned out delicious, moist and fluffy. This recipe is vegan-friendly (no eggs or dairy), gluten-free and nut-free. Let me know in the comments if you’ve made any quinoa flour recipes or if you make this tasty, easy loaf of goodness. 

I love cooking with quinoa as it’s a nutritious plant-based food and one of my go-to ingredients on days I want to skip meat or fish. But have you done any baking with quinoa flour before?

Quinoa

I recently bought a box of this versatile, protein-rich starch ingredient and decided to put it to the test with this quinoa flour banana bread. I have to say that it exceeded my expectations and turned out fluffy, moist and delicious. Mind you that it’s a vegan, egg-free recipe as well, so the texture did blow me away.

Nutritious Indulgence: Quinoa Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Recipe

TIP: For those of you following a paleo diet or grain-free diet and wondering if quinoa is something, you should include, read this blog post. I personally do and that’s why I was excited to discover that you can now buy other quinoa-based products such as quinoa flakes (great alternatives to oats) and flour.

If you’ve never come across quinoa flour and wondering what it’s like, here is what you need to know. Quinoa flour is essentially finely ground-up quinoa seeds. Quinoa has a more superior nutritional profile to other cereals (1) although it’s more accurately a pseudo-grain or a seed rather than grain. It’s rich in carbohydrates, fibre and protein as well as many essential vitamins and minerals.

Per 100 grams, quinoa flour has about 365 kcals, 6 grams of fat, 64 grams of carbohydrates (7 grams of which are fibre) and 14 grams of protein. For comparison, regular white flour per 100 grams has357 kcals, 1.7 g fat, 73.5 g carbs, 3.8 g fibre, 9.9 g protein.

Quinoa Flour Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Note that quinoa comes with complete protein meaning that you get all essential amino acids, which is unique for this plant-based food. Quinoa is particularly rich in tryptophan, which is the least represented amino acid in the protein of cereals and is essential in daily nutrition (2).

Quinoa seeds have a relatively low glycemic index (GI) score of 53, however, in its ground form, it is probably

-